Post-Game Talk: 3 Stoppable Goals, Leafs Lose 5-3 to the Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is a player issue in the sense that the players assembled to play on this team aren't very good, but Carlyle's not helping either, and coaches are easier to fire than players are to trade.

This would be the 2nd coach out the door in a little over a seasons worth of games.

Is it wise to have this core boot another coach out the door?

Same can be said about the GM.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
This would be the 2nd coach out the door in a little over a seasons worth of games.

Is it wise to have this core boot another coach out the door?

Same can be said about the GM.

Great, MLSE should be embarrassed.

At this point I don't even care. I just want to see some accountability for once.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I really hope a mod doesn't come in and rain in on our parade by saying "All these puns aren't contributing to the discussion"

We Leafs fans already have a tough life anyways. Just let us have it our way for a while.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
The team overall was OK but considering the circumstances that is worrying. They should have been able to take over the game early and coast to a win.

Gleason looked very reliable, hopefully he can keep it up and it rubs off on everyone else. Was nice to see someone get the puck under some pressure and not scramble/throw it away, was just calm and made the correct play.

D'Amigo had some great skating, yet again, really takes time away from players with the puck and it makes a huge difference at all ends of the ice.

Kadri looked improved but still has a way to go, hopefully this is the start of him getting his game back.

Bernier obviously had a terrible game.

Phaneuf had an off night.

Franson was a train wreck yet again, he is just slow, gets caught, panics and then makes terrible decisions. He needs to sit a game or two, it's incompetent coaching to keep putting him out there when he is clearly struggling and needs to step back.

SenatorArmy*

I really hope a mod doesn't come in and rain in on our parade by saying "All these puns aren't contributing to the discussion"

We Leafs fans already have a tough life anyways. Just let us have it our way for a while.

If you can't laugh in these tragic times then the terrorists win

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Have to feel sorry for the season ticket holders...

Shelling out huge money, year after year for this. Should get a nice rise in ticket prices after the apology letter. I wonder when leaf nation shuts off what happens, until then keep paying...suckers.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Bernier is very selfish and arrogant sometimes. I like his confidence but sometimes he needs to really humble himself.

Whenever the team loses he rarely ever accepts having any part in it (though to be fair, he's been the only good player for many games), and is often quick to criticize the rest of the team. In contrast, Reimer always takes the blame on himself and is always quick to say "I needed to be better" or whatever, though he has still called the team out when they really deserved it (Florida game).

Yea but what's worse, Bernier's arrogance or Reimer's disgusting smile?

Oh, we just lost game 7 to our division rival in dramatic fashion? Reimer will be smiling.

That smile pisses me off. It is OK to be angry; it shows you give a damn.

Toque*

Oh, we just lost game 7 to our division rival in dramatic fashion? Reimer will be smiling.

What are you talking about? Reimer was crying like a baby after game 7.

leafstilldeath*

There is only one man responsible for majority of the season and it is

Randy Carlyle

Either he comes to his senses and realizes we are not built like Bruins to play that style

OR

He gets fired

We are not going anywhere. I am so fed up with this BS

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Franson is a minus 1 and he gets ripped.....Dion a minus 3 and he gets "he had an off night".

Franson is slow we all know that.....Dion is just stupid....deflecting a shot when there is no one in front of the goalie.....real bright. The lack of leadership on this team is a huge issue....

Carlyle will likely be fired, yet it is our players that need to be held accountable.

JVR played like BS tonight
Kessel skated when he had the puck and pitched his chute when he did not.
Bozak was just ok
Kadri was our best top six forward along with Lupul.
Raymond accidentally bumped into an opponent tonight.

When two of your top 6 forwards show up to play....success is not going to happen very often.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Franson is a minus 1 and he gets ripped.....Dion a minus 3 and he gets "he had an off night".

Franson is slow we all know that.....Dion is just stupid....deflecting a shot when there is no one in front of the goalie.....real bright. The lack of leadership on this team is a huge issue....

Carlyle will likely be fired, yet it is our players that need to be held accountable.

JVR played like BS tonight
Kessel skated when he had the puck and pitched his chute when he did not.
Bozak was just ok
Kadri was our best top six forward along with Lupul.
Raymond accidentally bumped into an opponent tonight.

When two of your top 6 forwards show up to play....success is not going to happen very often.

One thing I will agree with you on is I find Dion deflecting pucks in our own net far more than any other Leafs D-men.

Also agree with you on leadership issues.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

I agree....I enjoyed reading them....I have been trying to think of one of my own....sadly the results of this game left me without any Gleason.

nidnus13

Oct 29, 2010
Calgary
Why don't these reporters ask tough questions like how the **** come is Holland playing with two scabs while black hole mclement gets 20+ mins a night? its like they scared to upset anybody! and im sick of carlyles generic answers all the time it pisses me right the **** off!

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013

Give me the arrogant goalie any day. When the game is on the line he won't back down. His counterpart is too soft. Game 7 should've lit a fire under his ***, instead we get more of the same

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bernier was great for several games in a row leading up to the Winter Classic, but he clearly needs a rest. Tonight was his worst game of the season by far, and a very uncharacteristic performance by his standards. I would go back to Reimer next game.

On a positive note, at least the Leafs were the better team tonight.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010

It would be just like a mod to say Phaneuf with the puns already.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Why don't these reporters ask tough questions like how the **** come is Holland playing with two scabs while black hole mclement gets 20+ mins a night? its like they scared to upset anybody! and im sick of carlyles generic answers all the time it pisses me right the **** off!

What a waste of Holland's abilities. He steps up and plays so well when they needed a C so they reward him by keeping him in the lineup but putting him on the 4th line and playing with Orr. Orr needs to go and Holland needs to be bumped up to 2/3.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What a waste of Holland's abilities. He steps up and plays so well when they needed a C so they reward him by keeping him in the lineup but putting him on the 4th line and playing with Orr. Orr needs to go and Holland needs to be bumped up to 2/3.

Orr needs to fight a few of his team mates.....he cares...several do not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad