GDT: 3 Dec 2014 - Canadiens @ Wild - 6PM CST / 2AM Suomi - FS-N & KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It's kinda funny when ya think about it. New York fans wouldn't have thought twice about it. Leafs fans would have been proud and not lost any sleep over it. But here we are. ....Minnesotans.....still arguing the next day about whether booing was appropriate or impolite. "Minnesota Nice" is alive and kicking!

it's not about being nice. trust me, i am not a nice person.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
There's definitely not at the X usually, and I highly doubt that was the case for a 6PM game.

it was "guys night out" or somesuch. i'm guessing there was more than the average amount of drinking going on. average for the X.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I missed the game last night. Sold them due to other commitments. But if I was there, I wouldn't have booed. Cursed? Absolutely. Screaming? You bet. But boo....no. They should be thankful this didn't happen on a fan road trip to the Panthers' arena where we could really voice our opinions. With how empty that arena was, fans could give them $#@%ing directions the entire time they were on that powerplay. :sarcasm::laugh:

"Hey Koivu, when I yell "NOW!", you shoot the puck. Got it, buddy...................NOW!!! NOW!!!!"

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ah, didn't know that. Can't believe that that is even a thing. :huh:
They've been doing a lot of different promotions. Tomorrow night is ugly Christmas sweater night. They should just change it to ugly sweater night considering what the Ducks will be wearing.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
pretty safe bet there will be boos the very first time the puck leaves the offensive zone on the very first PP vs the ducks.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
pretty safe bet there will be boos the very first time the puck leaves the offensive zone on the very first PP vs the ducks.

I hope not. I mean, I am on the side that supported it the other day, but that's because of how awful it was. I really hope people don't start booing after one bad PP every game, especially if we had better ones earlier.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I hope not. I mean, I am on the side that supported it the other day, but that's because of how awful it was. I really hope people don't start booing after one bad PP every game, especially if we had better ones earlier.
Pretty much this. A bad PP here or there, that's fine. Nine times out of ten, there is no need to freak out. But last night was different. That was on a whole other level, which is why I didn't see anything wrong with the fans voicing their opinion. And the fans were mostly patient during the many chances they were given before that major even happened. There is no reason to boo right off the bat tomorrow. True, you will get some who will boo just for the sake of booing. I've had people in my section boo everything from a player to the ref all night long. But I'd be surprised if the whole arena did it early in their first PP. That said, if they can't get the puck over the blue line or if they stand around and attempt zero shots....if they look like they are lollygagging it out there again, heads will roll even faster than the Montreal game. Because the fans have had enough. Patience is getting thin, and many won't wait till the second half of the game to voice their frustrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad