Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

zgterER.png

RIP Jean Béliveau.

He was a player so dominant the Canadiens purchased an entire hockey league to ensure his pro contract would take effect.

His name is on the Stanley Cup more than any other human (17 times total, 10 as a player).

He was the definition of class and a role model to generations of players at every level of the game.

The entire hockey world is simply a worse place tonight after the loss of one of the game's great ambassadors, and our thoughts are with Montréal.

<3 Minnesota

---

:habs @ :wild
(17-7-2, 2nd Atlantic) - (13-9-1, 5th Central)

Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, Minnesota
6PM CST / 2AM Suomi

(Note the early start for a home game.)
FS-N • KFAN

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Tonight it's a matchup of two top-notch organizations and top class fans. I expect nothing but a great game, it will honor the memory of #4.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Le Gros Bill! When I think of a Captain, that's who I think of. Defined class.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Very touched by your GDT. Thank you for a genuine display of class and best of luck tonight.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Going to this one, hoping for a fun, fair game.

First time seeing Habs fans here at the X, so that should be interesting I expect those that traveled to be pretty emotional, so we may be in for a special night of puck.

I hope the team does something, whether it's a minutes silence or a compilation of his accomplishments, I think it would be a nice touch.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Very cool GDT. I'm expecting the Wild to do something before the game tonight to honor Mr. Believeau and his legacy.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
A game against a motivated team that we don't seem to play well against, plus no Suter?

Not liking our chances tonight. Hopefully I'm proved wrong!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Hope its not the mumps.

I hope so too, but sadly I wouldn't bet on it not being the mumps. You also have to wonder at this point if Koivu did have the mumps (a milder version of it, but still the same bug) too and the team didn't get him tested and isolated from the others. I think Russo wrote Cooke is sick too right now, it could be the mumps as well. In some people it can manifest as an illness that can't be told apart from the flu without tests.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
As much as I hate the Habs with the burning passion of 1000 suns right to the core, you can't call yourself a hockey fan if you don't respect what Jean Beliveau meant to the hockey world and respect Mr. Beliveau. Epitomized the word class. Was an all-time great player and leader on the ice and an even better human being off it. Not only has the hockey world lost a legendary player, but the real world has lost an even better human being, who touched the lives and hearts of millions with honor and class. RIP Mr Jean Beliveau.

That being said, go Wild!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Between Jacques Lemaire, Mario Tremblay, Guy Lapointe and Doug Risebrough it's hard to not feel a sort of connection to the Canadiens as a Wild fan. RIP Jean Béliveau.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
I guess at least its good timing for Suter to get mumps since we are at a light point in our schedule. We only have two games from today to next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad