GDT: 3 Dec 2014 - Canadiens @ Wild - 6PM CST / 2AM Suomi - FS-N & KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

I watched most of the game. I have a question. If we played so bad then was Montreal even worse? I did not think they played very well at all and of course we outshot them like 3 to 1 almost the entire game.

I didn't think we played as bad as some comments here would have people believe.

I thought the Booing was a complete joke. I totally get why people are frustrated and pissed about the PP but booing while your up 2-0 in the 3rd is ridiculous and I don't care how bad the PP is. i don't understand how you can be pissed at the comments from the players if you boo the team when leading 2-0. Kudos to the players for their comments.

+

I agree. I mean we were only playing one of the top teams in the league.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
There's a distinction - I'm not sure how it's hard to understand. You can be pleased with the defensive effort and the even strength play but be completely disgusted with their power play at the same time. Yes indeed, we beat one of the best teams in the East (although they have been getting a little lucky with some of their wins) but power play has plagued us so often that we're just sick of it. You should be allowed to voice that displeasure while still being glad that we won.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I watched most of the game. I have a question. If we played so bad then was Montreal even worse? I did not think they played very well at all and of course we outshot them like 3 to 1 almost the entire game.

I didn't think we played as bad as some comments here would have people believe.

+

I agree. I mean we were only playing one of the top teams in the league.

Yeah, and at the end of the game when they won 2-1 (almost blew another lead, would have been a lot safer if we scored at least one on the 5 minute PP like we should have), the fans cheered for them.

The fans are absolutely within their right to boo them on the PP. The fans pay the players, if they're unhappy with the absolutely atrocious PP, they should let them know.

The players getting ******** over getting booed is just hypersensitive. Instead of whining about it, change the ****ing PP. So much talent on this team, we should not be doing this bad.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I was wearing an A on this team, and I got booed after over 3 minutes of not even getting into offensive zone on a powerplay, my first thought would be, "well ****, we really need to start getting some zone time", and not "why are they booing us? we're winning and it's just hurting my feelings".

And don't forget, this god awful 5 minute PP came after a full minute of 5 on 3 in which they didn't register a shot on net.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think Parise just made those comments 'in the moment' after winning a hard fought game. You could see him change his comments a little bit when talking after practice today. He understands it needs to be better.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
a 5-3 or 5 min PP is when you should go for the jugular not kill time off the clock. whats the word when you do the same thing over & over and expect different results? i cant think right now. mgmt chose to keep yeo & yeo isnt getting it done. im not saying fire but he should be on the hot seat. decent goaltending & secondary scoring cant carry a team for a full season.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I'm gonna go wander around on the highway until Yeo changes the PP.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I think Parise just made those comments 'in the moment' after winning a hard fought game. You could see him change his comments a little bit when talking after practice today. He understands it needs to be better.

he always understood that. They've commented on it before in post-game and other interviews. the tone of his comments changed because he came off his anger, yes, but it had more to do with realizing the need to pander to the masses than anything else.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
all in all what it comes down to is we won, meaning Montreal's shortcomings were more damaging to their game than ours were to our game.

what's our record in the last ten games?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
i think our discipline actually won us this one. or cancelled out the crap PP anyway.

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
For the record, I think a lot of fans were booing the PP strategy. It's pretty clear to me that there is a PP structure and that the structure is the problem. The players buy into Yeo's 5v5 and it works. I think they equally buy into his PP. For goodness sake, they tried to enter the zone the exact same awful way time after time. That's insanity and that's coached... People are frustrated at the lack of changes to the PP, not the players (except Pominville who could maybe one day hit the net).

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
For the record, I think a lot of fans were booing the PP strategy. It's pretty clear to me that there is a PP structure and that the structure is the problem. The players buy into Yeo's 5v5 and it works. I think they equally buy into his PP. For goodness sake, they tried to enter the zone the exact same awful way time after time. That's insanity and that's coached... People are frustrated at the lack of changes to the PP, not the players (except Pominville who could maybe one day hit the net).

well we know he's not coaching passing the puck every ******* time it touches someone's stick, because he's mentioned his frustration with that before. the zone entries have only been a problem lately. usually (this season as a whole) we maintain good/great possession in the zone. could you clarify? Hell, for a while there we were even getting more than the league average number of shots off on the PP.

edit: another thing that bugs me. the PP has been horribly unproductive all year, but it's only been horribly implemented lately.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's kinda funny when ya think about it. New York fans wouldn't have thought twice about it. Leafs fans would have been proud and not lost any sleep over it. But here we are. ....Minnesotans.....still arguing the next day about whether booing was appropriate or impolite. "Minnesota Nice" is alive and kicking!

Slick Willy*

It's kinda funny when ya think about it. New York fans wouldn't have thought twice about it. Leafs fans would have been proud and not lost any sleep over it. But here we are. ....Minnesotans.....still arguing the next day about whether booing was appropriate or impolite. "Minnesota Nice" is alive and kicking!

The only reason I commented on it is because I don't hear it out of any other building in the league when a team is up. It's ****ing nuts.

I've heard there's a high propensity of alcoholics in MN, and maybe that's what it was last night (and the "shooooooooot" **** we get out of all the dumbasses all the time too).

Okay... I would meet you guys half way at least if we were getting embarrassed like Edmonton every single night but we're not. They're trying hard out there. They were up 2-0 against maybe the best team in the East.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

I had the same thought in the shower this morning. So quintessentially Minnesotan.

Slick Willy--you're far from the only one to complain. I made the mistake of looking at Strib comments... yeesh.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Exactly. This was the point I was trying to efficate. You summed it up very nicely. This team has expectations and the fans aren't willing to take any **** anymore. That's it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The only reason I commented on it is because I don't hear it out of any other building in the league when a team is up. It's ****ing nuts.

I've heard there's a high propensity of alcoholics in MN, and maybe that's what it was last night (and the "shooooooooot" **** we get out of all the dumbasses all the time too).

Okay... I would meet you guys half way at least if we were getting embarrassed like Edmonton every single night but we're not. They're trying hard out there. They were up 2-0 against maybe the best team in the East.

There's definitely not at the X usually, and I highly doubt that was the case for a 6PM game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad