GDT: 3.9.2024 - Penguins vs Bruins - The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
I'm not sure sid is hurt. I think he knows this team isn't making it so why bother going at 100% at this point?

I'll keep sniffing the hopium thinking this is all some 4d chess move by dubas to re sign Jake in the offseason for 7.5 mil and fire at least rierden to try and improve the powerplay. So we got bunting for free and have some cap to add for the 24-25 team.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not sure sid is hurt. I think he knows this team isn't making it so why bother going at 100% at this point?

I'll keep sniffing the hopium thinking this is all some 4d chess move by dubas to re sign Jake in the offseason for 7.5 mil and fire at least rierden to try and improve the powerplay. So we got bunting for free and have some cap to add for the 24-25 team.
I looked at my monitor like Geno in your avatar after reading your post. :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Tell you what the biggest tragedy of how Sully/Dubas have bungled things is the east looks like absolute dog shit this year outside of maybe Florida.

if Dubas had played his cards right and replaced the coaching staff and made better moves this is a team that could legit have made the cup finals.

They probably would have gotten crushed in the finals by like the Oilers, Dallas, Vegas, or Colorado but y'know they mighta got there. And if they did get there, you never know. Sid and Geno would absolutely raise their game in that scenario.

We got three cups in this era though so whatever. Just sucks because with better management we could have gotten 4 or 5.

How f-ing spoiled am I to be typing that sentence though? Lol
This notion that one should be happy with three titles is weird...If this team had better management and provided better support to Sid geno Letang, it would be easily at least few more...look back on all the failuers they were all avoidable

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That was a horrific turnover by MP lol.

How do you make that play as an NHL defenseman

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Not only were Karlsson and Pettersson outclassed there - with Pettersson especially bad - but there was no one tracking back to help.

I think there are going to be a lot of games where if this team gets behind early, it's going to have absolutely zero pushback. They're done mentally.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The 1st line can some abuse now and not automatically lose the puck so theres something l guess.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
so starting now, sit down all these $5m players that will be gone next season and play whatever we have in AHL let them fight for the place on the team (if we can work the salary cap

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
so starting now, sit down all these $5m players that will be gone next season and play whatever we have in AHL let them fight for the place on the team (if we can work the salary cap
They don't have the cap space to sit many players period.

The Pens can carry one extra player. That's it. Right now, it's DOC, who is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad