GDT: 3.9.2024 - Penguins vs Bruins - The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Sid's injured just f-ing sit him for the rest of the season. Who gives a shit. Get a better pick

It's actually insane that they chose to trade Jake Guentzel over firing Mike Sullivan. Like they could have easily fired Sully a couple months ago and then see if a new coach gets them into a playoff spot. And if the new coach doesn't, you still trade Jake.

Instead...this nonsense.
They should've fired Sullivan in 2020. But with how things have gone, Jake absolutely had to be dealt this season. /shrug

Dude wanted nothing to do with re-signing after being on board this sinking ship for years, and with how the season was playing out. I don't blame him. No reason to handcuff yourself to this mess for however long, with your last big contract of your career.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They should've fired Sullivan in 2020. But with how things have gone, Jake absolutely had to be dealt this season. /shrug

Dude wanted nothing to do with re-signing after being on board this sinking ship for years, and with how the season was playing out. I don't blame him. No reason to handcuff yourself to this mess for however long, with your last big contract of your career.
I think he would have signed if they gave him a competitive offer but it sounds like Dubas lowballed him a bit because he wanted to wait and see how the season went.

And you know...that actually wasn't a bad idea on Dubas' part.

But he should have fired Sullivan mid season and seen if it helped.

Ah well

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He didn’t even look for a redirect. Just shot it at the net real hard. Wtf is going on? It doesn’t make sense.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Laserblast.jpg

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think he would have signed if they gave him a competitive offer but it sounds like Dubas lowballed him a bit because he wanted to wait and see how the season went.

And you know...that actually wasn't a bad idea on Dubas' part.

But he should have fired Sullivan mid season and seen if it helped.

Ah well
I think both sides wanted to see how it went this season. Word is the team approached his camp with an offer last summer and it never went anywhere, so talks broke off until after the season. I kinda transcribed the Dubas presser yesterday as it went on but I think I remember him saying something like no discussions happened since the initial stuff last summer and the reason the return was what it was when he was dealt was due entirely to Jake's unwillingness to discuss an extension with anybody--this team or otherwise.

Reactions: Pancakes

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
When will Rust return and lead this team on a 15 game winning streak?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tell you what the biggest tragedy of how Sully/Dubas have bungled things is the east looks like absolute dog shit this year outside of maybe Florida.

if Dubas had played his cards right and replaced the coaching staff and made better moves this is a team that could legit have made the cup finals.

They probably would have gotten crushed in the finals by like the Oilers, Dallas, Vegas, or Colorado but y'know they mighta got there. And if they did get there, you never know. Sid and Geno would absolutely raise their game in that scenario.

We got three cups in this era though so whatever. Just sucks because with better management we could have gotten 4 or 5.

How f-ing spoiled am I to be typing that sentence though? Lol

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
How far can we move up in the lottery if we finish 10th? Do we have to take the pick then or do we get to choose?

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
How far can we move up in the lottery if we finish 10th? Do we have to take the pick then or do we get to choose?
The Penguins get to choose to keep the pick or give it to SJ if they finish within the top 10.

I believe you can move up to 10 spots so have to finish 11th to be able to pick 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad