GDT: 3/7/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
you make it sound like they dont care or tryed to win, of course they did try and keep their home streak alive
No they totally care. I just don't think they put forth their best effort tonight. It was really noticeable with Point imo. When he's on his game he is flying. Tonight I didn't see it.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
No they totally care. I just don't think they put forth their best effort tonight. It was really noticeable with Point imo. When he's on his game he is flying. Tonight I didn't see it.
i agree they were off their game over all, , Stammer no shot till 631 left in 3 Rd period, iam just not a switch believer, i would rather see good effoert in a loaing cause,cheers to the Bolts

Reactions: T REX and Master P

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Can Victor Herman ever rip a shot on the PP? Or is his sole purpose just to facilitate passes back & forth between 91 & 86? I’m just an average joe, so what do I know. But if I can catch on that he NEVER shoots, I’d bet opposing teams coaches have that figured out as well. He’s a Norris winning dman, act like it and rip a shot once in a while Jesus!

Maybe it’d be smart to keep teams guessing a little more instead of trying to force plays to the same 3 players on the PP. I don’t care how many weapons we have, after a while teams catch on. They know there’s virtually no threat of 77 taking a blast when he can just float a soft little pass over to 91.

Reactions: Stamper

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
i agree they were off their game over all, , Stammer no shot till 631 left in 3 Rd period, iam just not a switch believer, i would rather see good effoert in a loaing cause,cheers to the Bolts
Yeah, they really turned it up in the playoffs last year. NJ had no answers

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I will say this about this game: Yes, I agree with those who say the Bolts effort level was ok, but not much above beyond that. I think they could have driven the net a bit more, made a few less passes (the Wild defensemen are really NOT elite....good, but not elite), and just needed to shoot more, heck, maybe even pick up the physical play if driving the net wasn't working.

That said, I also give full credit to the Wild who simply played a smart, opportunistic game.
Dubnyk played like the Dubnyk who ran win streaks for Minnesota in season's past.... the Wild used their speed to not only match TB's, but in some cases, take advantage of some of the slower Bolts players and create chances for themselves.

Minnesota many times this season submarined themselves by taking lots of stupid penalties during a game...not so tonight.

I can't remember who said it, but there was an NFL player years ago who once said, "If they had a bad day, it's because WE made them have a bad day".

I think that applies here.... Lightning could have done better, but even when they pushed, the Wild just thwarted them at every turn.

Bolts will continue to learn from games like this though.
I am impressed by their overall resilience on the season and this game will just be filed away after the important points are gone over by the players and coaches, then they will move on, and STILL be SC favorites.

Reactions: rangerrat

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Wild had everything to play for and we had nothing to play for, so no big deal, but it is a wee bit concerning these total power outages we suffer through. It seems that if we're not putting up 4+, we're lucky to get 1.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I don't think it was effort so much as Minnesota was well-prepared and played a strong, very disciplined game. Credit where it's due.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I will say this about this game: Yes, I agree with those who say the Bolts effort level was ok, but not much above beyond that. I think they could have driven the net a bit more, made a few less passes (the Wild defensemen are really NOT elite....good, but not elite), and just needed to shoot more, heck, maybe even pick up the physical play if driving the net wasn't working.

That said, I also give full credit to the Wild who simply played a smart, opportunistic game.
Dubnyk played like the Dubnyk who ran win streaks for Minnesota in season's past.... the Wild used their speed to not only match TB's, but in some cases, take advantage of some of the slower Bolts players and create chances for themselves.

Minnesota many times this season submarined themselves by taking lots of stupid penalties during a game...not so tonight.

I can't remember who said it, but there was an NFL player years ago who once said, "If they had a bad day, it's because WE made them have a bad day".

I think that applies here.... Lightning could have done better, but even when they pushed, the Wild just thwarted them at every turn.

Bolts will continue to learn from games like this though.
I am impressed by their overall resilience on the season and this game will just be filed away after the important points are gone over by the players and coaches, then they will move on, and STILL be SC favorites.

Bolded isnt accurate. The wild have a top 5 D core, who are better than any team in the league at suppressing scoring chances. Suter-Spurgeon are a top 2 or 3 pairing that play 25 to 30 minutes a night, and Brodin excels at suppressing scoring chances(if only he had any offense). Defensively they are elite, and the analytics back it up. And offensively they are also a top 5 team when Dumba is in the lineup.

It goes un noticed, but the D is why with such a inconsistent and sometimes downright bad offense the Wild make the playoffs every year.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
1) We could have played harder than we did.
2) We didn't have any new answers for a problem we've encountered before.
3) The line shuffling didn't feel necessary or helpful tonight, and may have sent the wrong kind of message to the team, even if only subconsciously. It was a gimmick rather than a solution.
4) We're a mile ahead of everyone in the standings, and this loss means nothing.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
The Bolts’ schedule down the stretch is decidedly difficult, this was actually one of the easier games left on the schedule. Boston keeps annoyingly winning and the Bolts have a bunch of games left with them and the Caps and a game against the Leafs. All three teams play the Bolts well. I highly doubt Boston catches us in the standings given the enormous lead we have, but Tampa could easily lose a bunch down the stretch if they’re not careful. At least they have two games against Detroit to help.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Tough loss to take would have been good to seal the play off spot guess we will have to get it done against are good friends from Detroit.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad