GDT: 3/7/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
After sleeping on it...do not like this home shut out so late in the season. Lots of tough games coming up. We're gonna limp into the playoffs.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Only watched the first period last night so watched the highlights this morning. Starting to get a little worried with the way vasy is going behind the net has made a few errors recently.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
We got outswarmed last night. The Wild worked a smothering style of team defense. They were total pests all over the ice, getting sticks, bodies, anything they could in the way of all the pretty passes the Lightning were trying to make. But they were also opportunistic. When one guy was successful in knocking away the puck from a Bolt, another guy was right close by to grab it and steer it into our O-zone.

Girardi earned his -2 by first trying for a blocked shot against Donato and whiffing badly which let Zucker get a free tip in and then by totally losing coverage on anyone in a Wild jersey on the second goal. Hedman got his -3 mostly because he was partnered with Girardi but also because he was on the ice for the empty net goal.

Sergy didn't play that great, but at least his play didn't lead to goals against this time. I, too, am a bit surprised that he seems to not be progressing - especially defensively - as expected from his solid last year. Coburn did okay.

McDonagh and Cernak were mostly solid though they, too, had trouble clearing the pesky Wild players out of our zone. Cernak lost coverage a few times which can be expected by a rookie but he recovered very well.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We looked like we showed up to play a pick up game, while the Wild looked like it was a must win game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Minny plays us well, both times this year they just wanted it more.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, I only like my home shutouts in December

Dude, that was a poor showing. Here we go again...they'll flip the switch...blah blah blah. I'm tired of seeing the same damn script. Just win the damn cup.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dude, that was a poor showing. Here we go again...they'll flip the switch...blah blah blah. I'm tired of seeing the same damn script. Just win the damn cup.

It was a poor showing but the cup isnt won in March. The good news is we really havent had very many efforts like the one from last night. I doubt we play like that in the playoffs.

Reactions: Master P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad