Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
When You Wish Upon A Star...

In honor of Fenway's birthday, your GDT looks a tad different..

I smell a birthday win..

tumblr_n8gyr2J4di1qb6v6ro7_250.gif

Game_Info2015_zpsk9iedf8e.jpg

large.png

76gp 40-30-6 86pts.

VS.

large.png

76gp 31-34-11 73pts.

7:30 pm Eastern
NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub

TD Garden, Boston, MA

sub_tdgarden.jpg

Last_zps9w0x7q0u.jpg

February 26, 2017
Bruins Win 6-3

Media_2015_zpsbevdmmyd.jpg

Boston Bruins Twitter
Dallas Stars Twitter

Stats_zps8z8uszvm.jpg

Firefox_Screenshot_2017-03-30T00-44-52.807Z_zps4fyl2mt9.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2017-03-29T23-38-36.556Z_zps6bqribvh.png

Lines_2015_zpsatidzbdk.jpg

*Subject to change

Lineup_Dallas2017_zpso5moaoqf.jpg

DallasStarslineup2017_zpsiy4hrcu7.jpg

Goalies_2015_zpsxa9galqf.jpg

cut.jpg

Tuukka Rask

maxresdefault.jpg

Kari Lehtonen

Sponsor_zpspcekwyvo.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FENWAY!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I had a really long talk the other day with a father of one of the Stars players. I wish I could repeat some of the things he told me --it would make for a more entertaining GDT. Ah well. Pointing out the obvious here but we really need this game!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
This will be my last home game of the regular season. Hopefully got a few playoff games this season! Traveling for a bit and will be forced to sell the last few home games... Poor planning.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There are no "easy" games in today's NHL, but this one should be one of the easiest of the remaining games. Hope the Bs can take care of business and get the two points.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks again to Alicat for doing the heavy lifting for tonight's GDT. :handclap::handclap:

I will just add some basic game info and of course the Wayback Machine because we have plenty of history with Dallas
( and the old North Stars as well )

uYXGAtA.jpg

Tonight's Officials

nhlhs_2.jpg
130p_sutherland.jpg

Referees Jon McIsaac (2), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linesmen Scott Cherrey (50), Greg Devorski (54)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

There have been some ugly losses in Bruins history but in the regular season this is the gold standard. Steve Kaspar made Dave Lewis the second coming of Scotty Bowman :cry:

BOSTON vs DALLAS, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Stars are meeting for the 135th time in their histories (includes Stars franchise as Minnesota North Stars) with the Bruins having a 78-31-23-3 record and a 524-357 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 43-11-10-2 in their 66 home games of this lifetime series with a 278-165 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 7-3-1 in their last 11 games vs. the Stars, including a 6-3 win in Dallas on 2/26 in the 1st game of this season’s series… These teams have split the last 3 season series with each team winning their road games in each year … The Bruins are 0-2-1 in their last 3 home games vs. the Stars with their last win of this lifetime series at TD Garden a 6-3 victory on 2/3/11.

Fun Facts: Dallas is the only franchise that the Bruins have never defeated in OT … The Bruins are 12-11-4-3 overall vs. the Stars since they relocated to Dallas in 1993.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Stars tonight in the 2nd & final game between these teams and the Stars’ lone visit this season to TD Garden …The Bruins are 40-30-6 thus far this season with a 20-16-0 mark on home ice … They are 6-6-0 vs. Central Division opponents and are 15-11-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

David Krejci is playing his 700th NHL game tonight.
Jimmy Hayes’ next game will be his 300th NHL contest. :amazed:
Drew Stafford is 3 points short of his 400th NHL point.

INJURIES (148 total man-games lost)

Tim Schaller – Lower body injury suffered 3/8 vs DET; Has missed 9 games.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1490847713000

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Alicat! Happy Birthday Fenway!!

Hoping for the momentum to keep rolling. These games against Dallas always seem to get chippy and if the Bruins were riled up in the last game....maybe we will see some fireworks for Fenway!

GO BRUINS!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I had a really long talk the other day with a father of one of the Stars players. I wish I could repeat some of the things he told me --it would make for a more entertaining GDT. Ah well. Pointing out the obvious here but we really need this game!

why do I picture/envision a house in massive disorder?

Another 2pts please

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Don't let this game be a trap game boys. Play every game from here on out like game 7 of the SCF's and pave your own road. 1 game at a time, no scoreboard watching, take care of your own business.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Happy Birthday Fenway!

As Chicago found out in Flordia and the Leafs in Buffalo last week, there are no easy wins in this league. Another start like the effort against Nashville will go along way to ensuring the Bruins don't allow a similar circumstance with the Stars to take place.

Eye popping that the 7.5 million dollar player that is Speeza is playing on the 4th line. :amazed:
Makes the Belesky, Hayes type situations pale in comparison.

Foot on the gas from puck drop B's.

Let's Go Bruins!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Happy Birthday Fenway!

As Chicago found out in Flordia and the Leafs in Buffalo last week, there are no easy wins in this league. Another start like the effort against Nashville will go along way to ensuring the Bruins don't allow a similar circumstance with the Stars to take place.

Eye popping that the 7.5 million dollar player that is Speeza is playing on the 4th line. :amazed:
Makes the Belesky, Hayes type situations pale in comparison.

Foot on the gas from puck drop B's.

Let's Go Bruins!

They have Hemsky at 4 mill as their Beleskey:laugh:

Stars can burn a team offensively but man is their lack of attention to defensive details out there to be exposed. As you stated, if our boys come out like they did vs Nashville, they should be ok, they cannot make life easy for whomever starts for the Stars in net. I would like to see loads of traffic in front of him and not make them look like Vezina goalies

Stars playing for zippo, playing loose I imagine, dangerous recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad