GDT: 3/3/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I agree with others that Palat isn’t really impacting the top line much. I would actually try TJ there who tends to be better with skill. Put Goodrow at C and play Guorde with them.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we played honestly like we do not want to win the trophy as best team

i hate to say that but we all watched this game

this team didnt show ill third when down and likely not able to come back even if we tie get a point i think we gift this game away sad but its a feeling after that third

Reactions: Coopers Gum

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Also nothing about this Boston team scares me. Beat them twice and tonight should have been the 3rd. They're not as good as people say they are. This game had 13th OT loss written all over for them if we could of had 1 thing go our way
Was honestly going to say this. I don't really worry much about the results from this game. 3 times we've played this team this season and each time I've felt like we're the better team. They just happen to get the benefit of a lot of questionable calls and non-calls..because..ya know, it's Boston.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Boys put up a good effort in the 3rd but they were playing a Boston team that was playing shell and not attacking.

Also, Boston had a great gameplan by pressing forward starting with about 4 minutes left.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just got home. From what it sounds like they started slow but finished strong. Couldn't quite get the win in the end though. Is that about right?
Third period was good hockey but didn't quite get it done. Vasi thankfully was sharp, Bruins were all over us to start the game.

Reactions: Master P

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I'll be optimistic and say last time we went into the playoffs playing like this (ECF Caps season) they turned it on and surprised us game 1 through elimination. That's my only hope.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rough night for Cirelli in the circle. Only won 1 out of 12. 11 of those losses came to Bergeron. That line did well as the match up line vs "the perfection line" (lol), just gotta figure out if we can live with those faceoff numbers. Part of our 2018 playoff success against them had us dominate Bergeron on faceoffs with Stammer and Johnson taking those draws.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just got home. From what it sounds like they started slow but finished strong. Couldn't quite get the win in the end though. Is that about right?
no

we were lazy and cheating first 30 minutes of the game

we had a fight and scored one good top line shift and changed our game

we dominaated third period PERiOD and showed we were better team if played 60 minutes we win this easy

i think we are scared of picking up that cup again honestly as number one team

im not worried on 4- out of 5 losses they got tireed etc... we played ok last game this game we mailed it in till third

shoulda been worse off if vasy was not a rock

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm starting to get quite excited about that very likely Lightning-Leafs playoff series. That has the potential to be pretty damn entertaining.

Reactions: RedRaider

longtime lurker

Dec 4, 2018
I still think Tampa beats Boston in a playoff series. An offside goal by a hair and a lot of good chances, like the Johnson whiff in the crease. And this was without Stamkos and two defenseman.

That was Boston's best tonight. They don't have another gear and they faded hard in this game as it went on. I'm not sure how they will cope in a best of 7 against Tampa. They won't be able to rely on lucky bounces for an entire series.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
no

we were lazy and cheating first 30 minutes of the game

we had a fight and scored one good top line shift and changed our game

we dominaated third period PERiOD and showed we were better team if played 60 minutes we win this easy

i think we are scared of picking up that cup again honestly as number one team

im not worried on 4- out of 5 losses they got tireed etc... we played ok last game this game we mailed it in till third

shoulda been worse off if vasy was not a rock
Well hopefully this is the team that shows up for game 1 in the playoffs and never looks back. I agree that the probably don't care about winning another presidents trophy or division title. I'm sure they just want to hurry up and start the playoffs.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The team doesn't have the will or urgency to go far in the playoffs

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i saw nothing to worry me that much on boston if we hustle and play we match up nicely

was sooooommmmme really physical play tonight i liked it we took no guff from them and put it on them a lot

even like 3 minutes left point sat a guy on boston bench that was great maybe was not right time i have for game but it was cool to see lol

kucherov played bad palat had a really nice hit on boards in last 2 minutes took a guy out

we play like can we match up nice

my worry is if we wait on stamkos like he is gonna be a savior? for second round? he might not come back as quickly as we hope or as healthy just saying

its kinda like lakers with magic johnson and kareem out a game

its up to kucherov to step it up and just win it cause he can and maybe we get stamkos back as a bonus

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Welp it was fun while it lasted. See ya'll next season.
I called it last year. Right now they look not good enough. Can that change? Sure but it ain't looking good. That switch would have to be huge.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

Well I could go into detail about how bad, lazy we look, same issues, no scoring, Kuch sucks, guys can’t hit net... but it probably wouldn’t resonate with you.

Your constant positivity & outlook is admirable, really it is. But I’m not living in the same bubble as you and I’m getting fed up watching this team continue their bad habits every damn year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bruins came to play and are a really good team. We will need to be at our best to have a chance to beat them in the playoffs. We had a few good looks in the 3rd but couldnt cash in. They get a few more on net on some the scoring chances they may have been able to take that one to overtime.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well I could go into detail about how bad, lazy we look, same issues, no scoring, Kuch sucks, guys can’t hit net... but it probably wouldn’t resonate with you.

Your constant positivity & outlook is admirable, really it is. But I’m not living in the same bubble as you and I’m getting fed up watching this team continue their bad habits every damn year.
?
I've criticized kuch plenty before. I got flak for saying he doesn't back check or fight for the puck hard enough. The teams issue (still) seems to be that they can't put together a full 60 min effort. Maybe i'm wrong.
As for my "positivity" I guess I just like to look at the bright side of things. There is still time before the playoffs start and thats all that matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad