GDT: 3/3/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Gourde is always creating stuff.
His speed and never ending tenacity should be used as a spark plug to jumpstart either lines in the Top 6.

But Cooper seems to be dead set on keeping him in the bottom 6 so I didn’t even bother creating lines with #37 in the Top 6.

What a shame.
Now that he's out of his funk I would definately try him with Point and Kucherov. Gourde had some nice chemistry with Point earlier in their careers.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Now that he's out of his funk I would definately try him with Point and Kucherov. Gourde had some nice chemistry with Point earlier in their careers.
Coop is going to coop. I doubt he is going to ever try to give Gourde a top 6 spot.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
well the Canucks gave miller a top 6 spot and look what happened lol !
ys 60 % win on face off rate too thats a major miss

this game was simple d and forwards did not do their job in own end they caused the bruins circus for 30 minutes

then finally woke up played correctly and dominated it wasnt that boston was not trying or hanging onto a one goal lead lol

we hammered them....we are best team in league or 2nd best st louis is for real i really think that is series we got to have vasy in godlike mode

the rest??? not worried honestly injuries or how we stand today i like our team better

we have to play right play like the team whom almost won 20 in a row....that team put up 30 shots per game no power play and played defense first which led to opportunities and rushes

i will write more on line ups etc... not here one thing is for sure tyjo palat got to be together or we get nothing from them imho

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I still think Tampa beats Boston in a playoff series. An offside goal by a hair and a lot of good chances, like the Johnson whiff in the crease. And this was without Stamkos and two defenseman.

That was Boston's best tonight. They don't have another gear and they faded hard in this game as it went on. I'm not sure how they will cope in a best of 7 against Tampa. They won't be able to rely on lucky bounces for an entire series.

Was it though ???

longtime lurker

Dec 4, 2018
Was it though ???
I think it was. They had all four of their lines going and didn't look to have any passengers. They had no injuries and were rested. That was as good as I have seen them look against a top team this year and their effort still almost wasn't enough. Shutting them out on the power play is also a great sign. It can only get harder for Boston, once Stamkos, McDonagh and Rutta come back.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'd try this but cooper won't do it

Johnson - Point - Kucherov
Coleman - Cirelli - Gourde
Palat - Stephens - Killorn
Maroon - Paquette - Goodrow

There is something to be said for having Cirelli on a shutdown line and Gourde isn't the answer

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
ys 60 % win on face off rate too thats a major miss

this game was simple d and forwards did not do their job in own end they caused the bruins circus for 30 minutes

then finally woke up played correctly and dominated it wasnt that boston was not trying or hanging onto a one goal lead lol

we hammered them....we are best team in league or 2nd best st louis is for real i really think that is series we got to have vasy in godlike mode

the rest??? not worried honestly injuries or how we stand today i like our team better

we have to play right play like the team whom almost won 20 in a row....that team put up 30 shots per game no power play and played defense first which led to opportunities and rushes

i will write more on line ups etc... not here one thing is for sure tyjo palat got to be together or we get nothing from them imho

Enjoyed the game last night but you are 100% incorrect about this. Cassidy even sat the first line on purpose to get practice in protecting a third period lead. Our 2 lowest forwards in ice time last night were Marchand and Pasta. I think a playoff series with you guys would be great and I think it could go either way but make no mistake last night that third period was absolutely by design and we manage 3rd periods like that all the time. Thanks for a lively game last night!

Edit: as far as being dominated I can’t say I agree. Expected goal % was 86%/14% in favor of Boston which is about as one sided as it can get

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gourde is always creating stuff.
His speed and never ending tenacity should be used as a spark plug to jumpstart either lines in the Top 6.

But Cooper seems to be dead set on keeping him in the bottom 6 so I didn’t even bother creating lines with #37 in the Top 6.

What a shame.

Gourde doesn't need to create in the top-6 he needs to finish which he sucks at, in the top-6 you have enough guys going into corners like Point, Cirelli, Killorn and even Kucherov is good at it. The reason Gourde got demoted was because he couldn't finish on literally open nets set up to him and his passes aren't that great either, so until he can prove he can finish I wouldn't put him with guys who create.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Enjoyed the game last night but you are 100% incorrect about this. Cassidy even sat the first line on purpose to get practice in protecting a third period lead. Our 2 lowest forwards in ice time last night were Marchand and Pasta. I think a playoff series with you guys would be great and I think it could go either way but make no mistake last night that third period was absolutely by design and we manage 3rd periods like that all the time. Thanks for a lively game last night!

Edit: as far as being dominated I can’t say I agree. Expected goal % was 86%/14% in favor of Boston which is about as one sided as it can get

I hope they deploy that again with a goal lead. We hit the post a few times and had a few nice looks in the 3rd. Wouldnt bet on that being the case every time. I wouldnt call that idea very smart against this team.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I hope they deploy that again with a goal lead. We hit the post a few times and had a few nice looks in the 3rd. Wouldnt bet on that being the case every time. I wouldnt call that idea very smart against this team.

I totally get your opinion and respect that and as a spectator I was t thrilled either but the game meant absolutely nothing. Also imo that’s how you HAVE to win tight playoff games and series.

longtime lurker

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, hopefully that is the game plan they use in the playoffs.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Was it though ???
ya id put that as bostons best but we dominated them when we played correctly

i look back we beat them in five a couple years ago this team is better im not gonna buy into boston is better they are a one line show just ok.... good news there is st louis is scary 3 7 win streaks is a huge statement for a reigning stanley cup team they really are solid.... we have to play our best to beat them toronto we dont need our best i feel we need a full effort with boston but not our best pitt washington we can beat we have to beat washington two lines we have to keep crosby off his game and try to limit malkin

i see zero reason to not get to cup final but if we are not at our best and is st louis? they know how to win when it counts that scares me

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

everyone has opinions ive missed 10 games in 10 years

i got a good feel for this team each and every night

if that was the plan on boston to shut it down??? they are playing with fire

if they can attack and stop attacking we are going to own them in the playoffs and it wont go six games bank it.... you need more scoring then top line you must have your other lines going we will....

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
everyone has opinions ive missed 10 games in 10 years

i got a good feel for this team each and every night

if that was the plan on boston to shut it down??? they are playing with fire

if they can attack and stop attacking we are going to own them in the playoffs and it wont go six games bank it.... you need more scoring then top line you must have your other lines going we will....

Lol ok man. Was t being insulting at all was trying to discuss hockey but I see that’s not an option. I’ll take the high road and say much luck to you. Also as a Bruins fan I thank you for the playoff success advice from a Lightning fan!! Ironic much?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Thought the Bruins owned us the first half of the game and we only came back to have a chance because they did the special Coop shell.

We need to improve.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Lol ok man. Was t being insulting at all was trying to discuss hockey but I see that’s not an option. I’ll take the high road and say much luck to you. Also as a Bruins fan I thank you for the playoff success advice from a Lightning fan!! Ironic much?
i apologize if came off incorrectly my friends here will say I CAN be difficult but I RESPECT YOU BAMZONI i respect your views....

we've had some good playoffs with you that is for sure and this looks like another year of it:)

i would not try to hold leads vs our team is all im saying we learned how to play correctly in that run we just had.... we learned how to win in all ways and situations something this TEAM has not done or had to do in a long time... hopefully it takes us far... i think if your teams plays as hard as they can and gets some scoring from more then one line it will be a good series.... but if you want to play us tight win by one goal?? it might not go that well for you....

i feel our team is different with or without stamkos and being a homer as I am that is saying a lot but again ive watched if we put it together we can compete for the cup......you guys are good but id leave the PEDAL on full vs us in a series we can score quickly and in bunches and honestly grown up wise,,,, maturity and playing the right way??? this is something we probably havent had since you all beat us many years ago in a series in playoffs.....

weve had a lot of success but did we always play the right way to win a cup? we had injuries so we can go that route but did we play and win based on talent alone more then actually playing disciplined and correctly to grind out a cup? I don't think so

i fully believe this team can do that grind cause i saw it for many wins in a row against everyone in our way..... wasnt dominating was a workman like group of play kinda like boston is set up or other teams.... that goes far or further then flashy play...... I think we will play that way and let chips fall where they will.... if i was any other team id bury us if can and never take the foot off the gas till we shook hands.... imho this is most dangerous group tampa has ever had in last 10 years

Reactions: BamZoni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad