GDT: 3/29/16 | Blackhawks @ Wild | 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Been to every game in the post season between them. Honestly the first year I had hopes. 2 years ago, I was like "damn we may do this" and last year I felt like my wife cheated on me.

I want redemption damnit lol
You nailed it. The second year matchup, I really started believing it could happen. It made last year sting...still does. A part of me wants nothing to do with them. But then the other part of me is like, "Let's just keep doing this even if it takes 10 postseasons. We have to beat them at some point, right?"

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
We are a long way from playing the Hawks again in the playoffs. First half to win as a big underdog vs.Dallas or St. Lou.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We are a long way from playing the Hawks again in the playoffs. First half to win as a big underdog vs.Dallas or St. Lou.

Regardless of the standings and seeds, we aren't an underdog against St. Louis. I also think the Wild would fare well against the Stars, but they don't have enough of a track record with their current club to really make a judgment yet, IMO.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Regardless of the standings and seeds, we aren't an underdog against St. Louis. I also think the Wild would fare well against the Stars, but they don't have enough of a track record with their current club to really make a judgment yet, IMO.

I'd rather play St. Louis again because I know we could take them without making too many adjustments. Dallas seems like it would be simply about speed and scoring and I don't think my heart could take that.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
A little late to the party, but I'm curious about something, since I unfortunately had the Hawks' feed last night. Does anybody remember: on Hossa's SH goal, what the hell happened to one of our players in the offensive zone (couldn't tell who), who as Chicago made their breakout pass, was lying down on the ice, and then as they entered our zone, he could be seen doubled over on his way to our bench?

The Chicago commentators were obviously beside themselves on how awesome it was to get a shorty, blah blah blah, when to me it looked like one of our guys got interfered with away from the play to artificially create a 4 on 4.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nice to see another win!

Also: Haula has now the longest active point streak in the NHL.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
A little late to the party, but I'm curious about something, since I unfortunately had the Hawks' feed last night. Does anybody remember: on Hossa's SH goal, what the hell happened to one of our players in the offensive zone (couldn't tell who), who as Chicago made their breakout pass, was lying down on the ice, and then as they entered our zone, he could be seen doubled over on his way to our bench?

The Chicago commentators were obviously beside themselves on how awesome it was to get a shorty, blah blah blah, when to me it looked like one of our guys got interfered with away from the play to artificially create a 4 on 4.

They said Vanek got cross checked, but I don't think I saw the replay.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

It was Vanek. He got cross checked in the kidney hard right in front of the net. Missed a few shifts but came back in the 2nd period. Looked like he got caught right where the breezers end at the top. Of course no call because we were already on the power play then an oddly rolling puck made Suter have to make a strange play and that lead to the 2 on 1.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i was upset with the refs over shaw drops stick and we get a penalty then nino tripped by kane no call , but immediately following haula called for tripping kane? wtf! unbelievable win! ps i missed the dumba scrap could someone post a vid? thx a million.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I can totally see Keith just getting suspended for the rest of the regular season and pretty much getting a rest for the playoffs. I mean, it was only a few years ago when Dustin Brown tried to take off Pominville's head with about 2-3 games left in the season. Brown got suspended for the rest of the regular season and was nice and fresh for the playoffs.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I bet they give him one playoff game. Actually not, since the DoPS is so unpredictable.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow again. When I saw the shot count in the morning, thought that might've been a boring one.

Now when seen the hi-lites, all those nize goalz, Koyle/Keef thang, Dumba swagger.. wow!! That must've been one game!!

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am not trying to be overly hyped, but I feel like this team is clicking and getting hot at just the right time to make a dangerous playoff push. 4 months ago I felt they didn't deserve to be in there, but they have me thinking they could do some damage ala the 8th seed kings from a few years back. The West though will still be a murderers row to go through

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Incredible pass. Also Parise is so dang great...he does the work to dig the puck out from behind our net and take that guy out of the play. then by the time the goal is scored he's the first one to celebrate with Spurge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad