GDT: 3/23 | Raptor Jesus Returns | Bruins @ Toronto II

Schalkenullvier*

Oh yeah, why have they started playing the Bergeron-Marchand-peverley-Chara-Seidenberg unit as the #1PP? None of these players is actually that good on the PP. The real first unit at least looks dangerous and has Dougie who can handle the puck and Seguin who can score.

It's a minor gripe, because we never get PPs anyway. Too slow, and only two players can actually beat defenders one on one.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
So lets take some heat off of the Krejci line, but what are everyone's thoughts on the Bergeron line tonight ?

I thought Seguin looked off and Marchand seemed really gassed at times.

Bergeron, well overall he was himself.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
send it in JAROME!
lets bring a guy here who wants to play hard, skate, and WIN.
I laugh when people say 'where will he play?' how about the 1st line!! he is better and hungrier than both are first line wingers.
GET IGINLA HERE..play him on the new first line with Bergy and Marsh and let turnover tyler and lucic play on the same line so they can talk about all the money they aren't earning

SAVE US JAROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you soon 12

Ya because he's killing it for the flames. JAROME of 5 years ago is not walking threw our door.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I'm not confused about ****. I watch Horton reach all night. I watch him literally stand still when a stride or two would get him the puck.

I watch Looch make lazy passes, then take two seconds to get going when he loses the puck.

Game is now too fast for what ever is left of Horton's brain after getting smoked in the SCF.

Lucic has, and has had since being drafted, the worst acceleration of almost any NHL forward I can think of. Then again, is still faster than his centerman. Who Lucic often has to pass to while DK is wearing a defender trying to get out of the zone.

Why Seguin and Marchand fly through the neutral zone, and "Lucic's line" looks like they're in cement. Speed. Want to call it laziness and sound like every other mushroom on this board, knock yourself out.

Penalty Kill Icing*

It was a good and entertaining game tonight, fellas. Especially in the 3rd.

PS: Is Bergeron playing hurt?

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Just home from the game. 8th row seats were a great place to witness us stink it up to high hell for 2.5 periods.

Horrific goal-tending, brutal defensive lapses, lots of standing around and absolutely no sense of urgency or emotion out there until we scored that first goal.

Lucic was one of the worst players on the ice. Well, Pandolfo was the worst, but Lucic wasn't far behind. Spooner looked out of place playing with his linemates. 3rd line and 1st line were both garbage.

Best line for the first period was the 4th line by far. They showed up to play. The makeshift 3rd line in the 3rd of Campbell/Paille/Pevs was also pretty good. 2nd line played well in the later stages of the game.

Wish Tukkaa was in net for the whole game. For a game where we outshot the opponent 34 to 13... it sure didn't appear as though we dominated the game in person.

Bad night. Exciting finish though. So many chances in the final minute. Too much passing.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Game is now too fast for what ever is left of Horton's brain after getting smoked in the SCF.

Lucic has, and has had since being drafted, the worst acceleration of almost any NHL forward I can think of. Then again, is still faster than his centerman. Who Lucic often has to pass to while DK is wearing a defender trying to get out of the zone.

Why Seguin and Marchand fly through the neutral zone, and "Lucic's line" looks like they're in cement. Speed. Want to call it laziness and sound like every other mushroom on this board, knock yourself out.

You haven't been pulling any punches lately...love it...:laugh:

Seguin won a draw with such ease tonight I'd love to see Julien put him up at center with Lucic and see what happens.

Looch wasn't his best tonight, but he was by far not the worst player on that line or on the team.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
So lets take some heat off of the Krejci line, but what are everyone's thoughts on the Bergeron line tonight ?

I thought Seguin looked off and Marchand seemed really gassed at times.

Bergeron, well overall he was himself.

Marchand was not good at all, he could not keep the puck on his stick to save his life, especially in a few critical situations. Seguin played well in the 3rd period, although at the end I would've liked to have seen him by the net, not off in no man's land when he could've had a nice easy rebound goal to send it to OT. Bergeron seemed kind of invisible tonight, he wasn't good or bad, however my one complaint is when he whiffed on that one timer at the tail end when we had the extra skater.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It was a good and entertaining game tonight, fellas. Especially in the 3rd.

PS: Is Bergeron playing hurt?

If you call playing in the opposing teams end all night only to score 2 goals ya that was a blast

Are you asking if Bergeron was hurt because he shoots the puck like a chick ?

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Oh yeah, why have they started playing the Bergeron-Marchand-peverley-Chara-Seidenberg unit as the #1PP? None of these players is actually that good on the PP. The real first unit at least looks dangerous and has Dougie who can handle the puck and Seguin who can score.

It's a minor gripe, because we never get PPs anyway. Too slow, and only two players can actually beat defenders one on one.

Marchand leads the team in ppg.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Horton ,Lucic and Krejci line has been horrible for the most part this season. When was the last time Lucic scored a goal. Every one complained about the the 3rd line but the so called 1st line is worse. The 1st and 3rd has been the main cause of the losing road trip.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Regardless of the outcome, the third period was pretty damn exciting. Both teams trading chances, was fun to watch but nerve-wracking as hell. I thought both teams were kind of 'meh'. Can't believe it had been so long since we beat you guys, especially in a sport like hockey.

See you on Monday fellas. Cheers.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Horton ,Lucic and Krejci line has been horrible for the most part this season. When was the last time Lucic scored a goal. Every one complained about the the 3rd line but the so called 1st line is worse. The 1st and 3rd has been the main cause of the losing road trip.

Well as bad as the 1st line has been, to be fair you can't compare them to whatever that was of a 3rd line tonight. That was just a mess.

Both lines were terrible tonight. I had to watch them from 8 rows in front of me. They were bad. The 1st line just skates through the motions and the 3rd line doesn't even seem to know the motions.

Schalkenullvier*

Regardless of the outcome, the third period was pretty damn exciting. Both teams trading chances, was fun to watch but nerve-wracking as hell. I thought both teams were kind of 'meh'. Can't believe it had been so long since we beat you guys, especially in a sport like hockey.

See you on Monday fellas. Cheers.

good for you guys, I hope you make the playoffs.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't mind the pleasant leafs fans in here. They also show up when we win.

Unlike the ******** Habs fans who pull a Houdini when we win but move in here when they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad