Post-Game Talk: 3-2 tough loss

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Kadri was beyond brutal last night, he looked like the Kadri of old. He was coughing it up at the offensive blue line like a champ, lingering for way too long on his shifts instead of changing with his linemates, and in general being a liability to the team. Let's see his fanboys defend that performance. An assist on the power play doesn't cut it when every time you touch the puck you're giving the other team an a-plus opportunity to score. I was just starting to buy into him as well, probably shouldn't have watched the game. Trade the bum.

I hope to god you're trolling or you just might be another closet racist that hates Kadri no matter how he plays. He's been playing just fine with what he has to make do. Once Frattin gets back, expect his numbers to rise. He's defensive plays have been a treat to watch, you can really tell that he has worked hard on that aspect of his game.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
quick question: is gardiner not playing with you guys because he's still not nhl-ready after the injury or because nonis is playing it safe with waiver eligibility?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Kadri was beyond brutal last night, he looked like the Kadri of old. He was coughing it up at the offensive blue line like a champ, lingering for way too long on his shifts instead of changing with his linemates, and in general being a liability to the team. Let's see his fanboys defend that performance. An assist on the power play doesn't cut it when every time you touch the puck you're giving the other team an a-plus opportunity to score. I was just starting to buy into him as well, probably shouldn't have watched the game. Trade the bum.

Like I told you before, you are going to like the kid. At least you were buying into him this season. When he gains his core strength in two years, you will actually like him.

A lot of guys were getting caught on long shifts due to the type of play. Usually, the one furthest from the bench would have to stay out longer to apply pressure. If Coach Carlyle had Bozak on the draw before the goal or Scrivens plays the puck it would be a different story. Heck, we could be praising Kadri for a great shootout goal.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
quick question: is gardiner not playing with you guys because he's still not nhl-ready after the injury or because nonis is playing it safe with waiver eligibility?

It's more an issue of him getting back up to maximum speed. Indications are he is ready to return, but right now Fraser, Holzer, and Kostka would all have to clear waivers, where they would surely get claimed. A trade needs to be made to clear a roster space for him.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011

I'm assuming it might be more to do with the waiver eligibility than his rediness to return to the NHL. There was an article a few days ago where the Marlies coach explicitly stated that when it comes to Gardiners' return to the NHL, it is a matter of when, not if. Eakins also said the way Gardiner has been playing during the last stretch of games, he has more than returned to his former self. :handclap:

It's great that he's ready but again, I am not concrete on why he hasn't been called up.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Carlyle was right to call out both of them. If you lose a draw that badly in a pivotal situation of the game you have no business playing C in the NHL, in fact most players in that situation will focus on NOT losing the draw cleanly more than winning it. I like Grabovski by and large, but man that was awful. And independent of his bad rebound control (and especially so considering it wasn't even a rocket shot) Scrivens shouldn't have had his glove up in the 'WTF' gesture to Gunnarson after. Not excusing Gunnarson's poor positioning and compete level on the box out, but if Scrivens had handled the puck properly it wouldn't have been the issue it was. What a disappointing end to the game, but I'll stay upbeat because the team is playing well fairly consistently at least and we haven't seen that in years. Also love Kadri's compete level, really great to see

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe the Sens second goal counted. That's the type of play resulting in penalties all year.

Holzer clearly was the catalyst in Scrivens being run over. Shoved the guy pretty clearly.

Really hard to stomach, need to come away with a point there.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Stop denying when he plays poorly. I've admitted when he's looked good, but he was crap last night. hot wet stinky steamy crap. all the bad habits that landed him in the minors for so long were on display last night. its a shame, he was doing so well. I was starting to believe in him. But as Kadri always does, he gets complacent when he feels his job is secure and he goes right back to his bad habits. He's a bum. If we can get Ryan O Reilly for him I do it in a hearbeat, I'd rather overpay O Reilly as an RFA than overpay for Nazem. I'd feel better if that were somebody else's tough decision.

You stop ****ing denying that kadri has been great for us and is shaping into the player we drafted him to be. He flashes his hands multiple times, he has made several good defensive plays, he is playing centre in the NHL for the first time and he's still produced. In fact, he was our leading point scorer and is still tied for most points.

He made the team out of camp for the first time. He is playing great defensively. He centres our second scoring line. He has consistently produced in the NHL for the first time. He has shown his creativity continuously and he is one of if not the most creative playmaker on the Leafs. He has established himself within the team.

AND YOU STILL HATE ON HIM. I never see you complaining about the defensive errors kessel or bozak make and they have definitley made more than kadri.

Just ****ing accept it man. You have nothing more to rant about because kadri isn't thesame player he used to be. Of course you can say he isn't the best faceoff guy in the league which in your opinion would probably be reason enough to "trade the bum" :facepalm:

/endrant.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
You stop ****ing denying that kadri has been great for us and is shaping into the player we drafted him to be. He flashes his hands multiple times, he has made several good defensive plays, he is playing centre in the NHL for the first time and he's still produced. In fact, he was our leading point scorer and is still tied for most points.

He made the team out of camp for the first time. He is playing great defensively. He centres our second scoring line. He has consistently produced in the NHL for the first time. He has shown his creativity continuously and he is one of if not the most creative playmaker on the Leafs. He has established himself within the team.

AND YOU STILL HATE ON HIM. I never see you complaining about the defensive errors kessel or bozak make and they have definitley made more than kadri.

Just ****ing accept it man. You have nothing more to rant about because kadri isn't thesame player he used to be. Of course you can say he isn't the best faceoff guy in the league which in your opinion would probably be reason enough to "trade the bum" :facepalm:

/endrant.

lol don't let him get you mad dude. clearly what he wants.

SteveV*

Lupol (veteran) and Frattin (proven chemistry) is what I hope for. Sure, Kessel had some chemistry with Lupol as well but him and JVR works as well.

And Lupol will probably not play top line minutes right away.

I'd prefer Lupul with Kessel, he's a better playmaker. Frattin, Kadri, JVR would be fantastic, a playmaker, a sniper and a guy to pot rebounds.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I'd prefer Lupul with Kessel, he's a better playmaker. Frattin, Kadri, JVR would be fantastic, a playmaker, a sniper and a guy to pot rebounds.

Lupul-#1 C- Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Bozak-Kule
Orr-Mcclement-Mclaren.

Grabo gone, I think Kadri makes him somewhat expendable, Bozak fits much better with the 3rd line(cheaper too).

We just need to make that one big trade or signing and bring in the #1 C.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005

TRADE THE BUM!! :rant:
:laugh::laugh: Were'nt you claiming 2 weeks ago that Kadri would never get another point once Frattin was out of the lineup? What happened, havent been heard from since?
What do you see continuous hilites in your head of Kadri burning your precious Windsor team when he was with London? Must be some deep seated issues.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Carlyle was right to call out both of them. If you lose a draw that badly in a pivotal situation of the game you have no business playing C in the NHL

Every center in the NHL has cleanly lost many faceoffs in their own zone near the end of a game.

This is like saying that any goalie that has ever let in a goal he should have had has no business playing in the NHL. Why are people still on this.

Speaking of faceoffs, people do understand that during this game the refs were faking the puck drop at least twice per faceoff and kicking out one of the centers almost every time? That certainly deserves criticism. Drop the ****ing puck.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Horrible last goal ... Horrible defence by gunner on the first one. Horrible officiating. Had those penalties been called, it could completely change the game. Maybe we score on 1 ? score on both ? Score on none, but change in momentum ? Maybe we still lose. But those missed calls didn't give us a fair chance to win. Blame Scrivens all you want, i still blame the refs for that. Missed 2 blatant penalties from 5ft away...mind blowing.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
carlyle really screwed up on that one. he had a brain fart:nod:

After today's practice Carlyle told the media he and the coaching staff made a mistake of not calling a timeout with 28 sec. left.

He admits it wasn't just the players who made mistakes last night, but also himself and takes full responsibility and learn from that -- wonder if Wilson would ever admit to such things if he were still here.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He wasn't even a top 5 worst player on the team last night. Not by a long shot. Nobody is gonna take you seriously when you single him out and ignore crap games that other players have.

He had a point, caused a scrum that drew a penalty and made a couple nice defensive plays (the best one being when he went on one knee and closed the passing lane after our D coughed it up behind the net).

True. Weren't all three goals scored against McClement and Grabo? NK may not have been flying but the game wasn't lost on his watch.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
After today's practice Carlyle told the media he and the coaching staff made a mistake of not calling a timeout with 28 sec. left.

He admits it wasn't just the players who made mistakes last night, but also himself and takes full responsibility and learn from that -- wonder if Wilson would ever admit to such things if he were still here.

Yep. Carlyle is a smart coach but he screwed up that time and he took responsibility for it. You won't see him making the mistake again..

Learning curve for everyone. I think this loss was a necessary evil to get better...it really stings not to get a point in that game though.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the more important thing is:

How do we respond. Do we go in and kick some major Philly butt, or.... do we come out flat-ish again and play with fire.

tape to tape

Nov 26, 2011
HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

The sum total of HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

I started a thread on the main board and asked the question "is Colton Orr the champ"? Very quickly this thread was closed. Why?

Fear.

Kyle Doobas*

HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

The sum total of HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

I started a thread on the main board and asked the question "is Colton Orr the champ"? Very quickly this thread was closed. Why?

Fear.
suspicious-nod-yes.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad