Post-Game Talk: 3-2 tough loss

MajorityRules*

HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

The sum total of HFBoards is afraid of the Leafs.

I started a thread on the main board and asked the question "is Colton Orr the champ"? Very quickly this thread was closed. Why?

Fear.

And there's your mistake.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Poor decision to hold onto the puck by Scrivs.

Not sure what that whole hold onto the puck and go for the skate was all about.

Kinda reeks of prima donna to me.

This was the kind of game where PK is supposed to rise above the mediocrity and take charge of a game. 3 goals in 19 games is just not acceptable.

All in all they got what they earned and that was nothing.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

This was the kind of game where PK is supposed to rise above the mediocrity and take charge of a game. 3 goals in 19 games is just not acceptable.

All in all they got what they earned and that was nothing.

I agree, Kessel and JVR should have brought a lot more effort in this game. Why did they dress for the game and just go for skate at SBP. They could have done that on the canal ffs.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

I think it was/is the plan for the game(s), not only that episode. Coaching staff probably wants freeze of the puck on rushes to win the face-offs and/or restore D structure.
I think idea is that our goalies should trust our Cs winning face-offs in defensive zone and getting puck out of the zone.

PS. I can see him playing the puck, quick turnover by D and pass to the crease with the same result. Or him playing the puck and D icing it with face-off again in our zone. Bozak could have not lose that face-off clearly. Mad scramble it, take the penalty, whatever it takes, get at least the point and then deal with that in OT. But it all learning process I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad