Post-Game Talk: 3-2 tough loss

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Kadri was beyond brutal last night, he looked like the Kadri of old. He was coughing it up at the offensive blue line like a champ, lingering for way too long on his shifts instead of changing with his linemates, and in general being a liability to the team. Let's see his fanboys defend that performance. An assist on the power play doesn't cut it when every time you touch the puck you're giving the other team an a-plus opportunity to score. I was just starting to buy into him as well, probably shouldn't have watched the game. Trade the bum.

trade him with his points and the points he helped the leafs get, 15:sarcasm:
leafs now at 7 points, top 5 here we come:nod:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Kadri was beyond brutal last night, he looked like the Kadri of old. He was coughing it up at the offensive blue line like a champ, lingering for way too long on his shifts instead of changing with his linemates, and in general being a liability to the team. Let's see his fanboys defend that performance. An assist on the power play doesn't cut it when every time you touch the puck you're giving the other team an a-plus opportunity to score. I was just starting to buy into him as well, probably shouldn't have watched the game. Trade the bum.

Lmao.

One bad game and look who comes crawling out of the woodwork. You probably couldn't wait till be had a bad game.

jughead42*

^Seriously you got some hate issues. Kadri was fine yesterday

No he wasn't. His first shift, he's at the blue line and the pass comes from the defence. A defender is right on him, instead of chipping it by him into the zone so he and his linemates can enter the zone, he stops it to try and deke, loses it and its immediately back the other way into our zone for an extended shift running around. Instead of attacking we're defending an odd man rush. His next shift was as equally ineffective, spent running around in our own zone. Kadri has the puck and no-look slides it along the boards to the point where there isn't a leaf for miles. It's held in for another extended onslaught. The examples of his stupid leading to pressure on us were many last night. That guy who does the videos isolating players should do one so you can see what a bum he was. There was one shift where he's gassed after running around in his own zone, and he finally rushes it out but is obviously tired. he doesn't put it in for the line change, he carries it in and his linemates change, then kadri stays out there trying to score for way too long when he's tired. he eventually coughs it up and then is too gassed to backcheck and goes to the bench. He should be changing when he's tired. It's pissing me off because i've seen him play good games. last night wasn't one of them, if you think he was fine last night you have kadri goggles on. he was brutal. absolutely brutal.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
No he wasn't. His first shift, he's at the blue line and the pass comes from the defence. A defender is right on him, instead of chipping it by him into the zone so he and his linemates can enter the zone, he stops it to try and deke, loses it and its immediately back the other way into our zone for an extended shift running around. Instead of attacking we're defending an odd man rush. His next shift was as equally ineffective, spent running around in our own zone. Kadri has the puck and no-look slides it along the boards to the point where there isn't a leaf for miles. It's held in for another extended onslaught. The examples of his stupid leading to pressure on us were many last night. That guy who does the videos isolating players should do one so you can see what a bum he was. There was one shift where he's gassed after running around in his own zone, and he finally rushes it out but is obviously tired. he doesn't put it in for the line change, he carries it in and his linemates change, then kadri stays out there trying to score for way too long when he's tired. he eventually coughs it up and then is too gassed to backcheck and goes to the bench. He should be changing when he's tired. It's pissing me off because i've seen him play good games. last night wasn't one of them, if you think he was fine last night you have kadri goggles on. he was brutal. absolutely brutal.

15 points, 15 points, leading the team, he is the harlem shake, hail to our leader.
where would we be without him?

mikebel111*

Look who is back.
Kadri had a great game
You have been telling him to chip it past the zone. He did that, and u still hate on him
U just hate on the kid just for the sake of hating him
Kadri was amazing
Stop making up fake facts

tape to tape

Nov 26, 2011
Need more Orr. Was disappointed that McLaren didn't go after Neil after being knocked around by him. Tough loss but this team will rebound. Looking forward to Flyers Monday, Habs Wednesday, Islanders Thursday. Seems strange that there is no Leaf game next Saturday?!?!

jughead42*

Look who is back.
Kadri had a great game
You have been telling him to chip it past the zone. He did that, and u still hate on him
U just hate on the kid just for the sake of hating him
Kadri was amazing
Stop making up fake facts

Stop denying when he plays poorly. I've admitted when he's looked good, but he was crap last night. hot wet stinky steamy crap. all the bad habits that landed him in the minors for so long were on display last night. its a shame, he was doing so well. I was starting to believe in him. But as Kadri always does, he gets complacent when he feels his job is secure and he goes right back to his bad habits. He's a bum. If we can get Ryan O Reilly for him I do it in a hearbeat, I'd rather overpay O Reilly as an RFA than overpay for Nazem. I'd feel better if that were somebody else's tough decision.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

Does someone pay you to troll this board? Why do you put so much effort into it?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You could tell that Gunnar is dealing with that injury still. Hip if I'm not mistaken. His mobility, especially when getting turned around is pretty bad right now. Hopefully it's just a matter of a speedy lineup in Ottawa or just shaking off the rust.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Someone has goggle on for sure.
Goggles of Hate!
How could anybody think he had abad game? The commentators kept talking about his good defensive play and his sweet move to secure that teo on one with mac. On top of that he had that huge check in the first and he was a big part of the tyinggoal showing excellent vision. Plus he did better than 50% on faceoffs. You look ****ing pathetic singling him out after that game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kadri was not the problem last night!

JVR and Kessel were, for the most part, completely invisible IMHO.

They needed to step up and prove that they could carry this Leafs team when required, and, they failed miserably. A goal, or two, would have helped immensely, but alas, nothing from either one.

Gunnarsson, if still not 100%, should sit in the pressbox instead of making half assed attempts to play defense! Come on Randy, play the most healthy players every night.

jughead42*

Someone has goggle on for sure.
Goggles of Hate!
How could anybody think he had abad game? The commentators kept talking about his good defensive play and his sweet move to secure that teo on one with mac. On top of that he had that huge check in the first and he was a big part of the tyinggoal showing excellent vision. Plus he did better than 50% on faceoffs. You look ****ing pathetic singling him out after that game.

Where was his vision when he got the puck behind his own net, and with no pressure blindly threw a backhand up the boards to a non existent player which then resulted in another 20 seconds of running around to get the puck back? Let's just ignore all the crummy stuff he did last night because he got a power play point by standing there and watching MacArthur fight through the traffic for the puck.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012

He wasn't even a top 5 worst player on the team last night. Not by a long shot. Nobody is gonna take you seriously when you single him out and ignore crap games that other players have.

He had a point, caused a scrum that drew a penalty and made a couple nice defensive plays (the best one being when he went on one knee and closed the passing lane after our D coughed it up behind the net).

silentprotector

Oct 30, 2011
It's obvious you don't know what slander is and I'm thoroughly offended by this. :rant: Perhaps if I mentioned his heritage in some way in ANY of my posts you'd have some justification, but I never do. Would it make you feel better if I said trade him for Zibenijad? I'd take him over kadri in a heartbeat. Kadri's heritage didn't make him cough the puck up like it was going out of style, Kadri's race didn't make him linger for exteded shifts and make stupid decisions with the puck. Keep it to hockey man, this is just ignorant crap you should probably be banned for saying. :help:

Lol I dont care about any bans...I have been visiting this site regularly but I like to keep my comments to myself...but your constant hate on Kadri for no reason is sickening

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You know what bugs me about my Leafs losing to Ottawa the most.

Family and friends, that don't really watch or follow hockey, all of a sudden are Sens fans just because they just beat the Leafs.

I'm sickened by this every time we lose to the f'en Sens!

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
I give you the most reactionary post we'll ever see!

Kadri was great as usual. Unfortunately half the ice belongs to either Komarov or Orr who are um.. Well I don't need to explain.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Any news on Reimer's return?

Scrivens has always had poor rebound control, cost them last night.

Last edited:

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011

:shakehead

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I give you the most reactionary post we'll ever see!

Kadri was great as usual. Unfortunately half the ice belongs to either Komarov or Orr who are um.. Well I don't need to explain.

Kadri has been great, but he really needs to play with some talent, he's so much more skilled then the guys he's been playing with; place Lupul or JVR and Frattin on his wing when they return.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Kadri has been great, but he really needs to play with some talent, he's so much more skilled then the guys he's been playing with; place Lupul or JVR and Frattin on his wing when they return.

Lupol (veteran) and Frattin (proven chemistry) is what I hope for. Sure, Kessel had some chemistry with Lupol as well but him and JVR works as well.

And Lupol will probably not play top line minutes right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad