GDT: 3/17/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
This game proved to me what I thought I believed for three months now. This team is not a real cup threat. Far too many deficiencies on the ice and behind the bench. After the first round bounce, this team needs a serious house cleaning and heart transplant.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Outplayed since after that first shift.

People were saying we will play better in meaningful games and in the playoffs. Laugh out f***ing loud.

Cooper has no answer for this. Completely out coached from beginning to end. How do you go two intermission and not instruct your guys on a different plan to forecheck? We took sooooooo long on every breakout we gave them a chance into get 5 guys back - or less - and they stifled us at their blue line 9/10 times. Meanwhile they make one pass and they are in our zone.

They shut us down. On the road. I won't say it can't happen but I have zero confidence we make it past them. Zero. They were missing Bergeron, McAvoy, and Chara. Their 1C, #1 and #2 defenseman, while we were missing Palat. Cooper got out classed, simply put. Top players outside of Point, Gourde and Hedman were flat. Kunitz looked 50, and the kids looked like boys among men. You can have 3 Hedman's and 3 McDonaghs, and we would still have lost. Serious defensive and fundamental issues going on with the team right now.

I haven't been this deflated all season. Can't wait to watch McDavid get 6 points tomorrow.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think another thing to look at is, without Point coming in clutch lately, where would we be? More than likely 2nd and trying for home ice against the Leafs. That 9-0-1 that involved a lot of ugly hockey and blown leads was saved by Point shootout winners and 3 on 3 OT. I'm on a pessimistic run but it's crunch time and we are still playing like we are on a new years hang over. Completely unacceptable.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think another thing to look at is, without Point coming in clutch lately, where would we be? More than likely 2nd and trying for home ice against the Leafs. That 9-0-1 that involved a lot of ugly hockey and blown leads was saved by Point shootout winners and 3 on 3 OT. I'm on a pessimistic run but it's crunch time and we are still playing like we are on a new years hang over. Completely unacceptable.
We are were we are because of players like Point. He's part of the team. I also think the team misses Palat ALOT more then anyone thinks.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think that the team is feeling tired. They played like crazy for the first half of the season to get where they are now and I think its starting to catch up to them. Which is also why I think we are getting games like this. I think the plan was to rack up as many points of possible before the end of the seasons to avoid a last second dash to a playoff spot. I know the Presidents trophy sounds nice but I think that they are tired and trying to save as much energy as possible for the playoffs.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Domingue was the backup tonight so I'm expecting him.
It doesn’t matter. Boston is winning the Atlantic. There is no mystery. Tampa will have home ice vs Toronto. If Vassy finds his groove Lightning probably win that series. But definitely loosable.
Boston is the clear second round favorite against either team.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
The 19th is the 8 week mark so he's gotta be real close.

Palat is not going to fix what’s wrong here. He wasn’t a huge factor when he was healthy anyway. Some of you have got to put down the coolaide and face some hard cold truths.

I know we all want them to succeed. I love this team but frankly it’s just not very good.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Even still, we've got one key injury. Boston had three of them tonight and clobbered us. Injuries are part of the game. Have to be able to deal with them.
Well I know people built this game up to be a BIG game but I just don't think that the players felt the same way. It was clear that Boston did though. I don't think that Tampa cares about the presidents trophy or anything like that. I think that all they care about is getting back into the playoffs and playing meaningful hockey again. I know people will say that this game wasn't meaningful but at the end of the day it was just a regular season game against a team we will face two more times before the season ends. Was it a bad effort? Of course, but like I said above, I think that the team is just trying to conserve energy and stay healthy for the playoffs.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Man there's a lot of people here who seem to watch the games just to predict bad things and hope they can say told ya so after.

I like the positivity Toddla and Master P. Let's hope you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad