Post-Game Talk: #29 | Flyers at Coyotes | December 11, 2022 | The Arena Has A Mullett | 7:00 PM ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ristolainen was pumped up in Buffalo. They played him a boatload of all situations minutes with guys like Eichel, Bennett, etc. which inflated his surface production. His surface production was never a true representation of his offensive abilities. The Flyers paid high for that though & they’re now seeing that’s not the case with dialed back usage that’s less advantageous to score in.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Check out the roster of the team with the most blatant tank job in recent memory.

135D777F-0253-4092-9D10-3FF7A1714AA8.jpeg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ristolainen was pumped up in Buffalo. They played him a boatload of all situations minutes with guys like Eichel, Bennett, etc. which inflated his surface production. His surface production was never a true representation of his offensive abilities. The Flyers paid high for that though & they’re now seeing that’s not the case with dialed back usage that’s less advantageous to score in.
I think this is the second time you have mentioned Bennett, when you mean Reinhart. :p: :laugh:

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
I ignore the first ten games, it's obvious the whole team had no idea what they were doing - the dramatic upsurge after that point suggests they finally got on the same page.

Risto has been solid since he returned to the lineup, not great, never going to live up to his contract or the assets traded for him, but he's playing better, using his stick more, not getting out of position as much and so on. He's a work in progress, in terms of just playing basic fundamental defense and not being a total liability. I'll be happy if he can continue to play like he has, he'll make his share of mistakes but he's not a defensive black hole like Provorov - TDA.

Provorov - ???
Sanheim - York
Seeler - Risto

I don't know what you do about Provorov - TDA. They've been a disaster so far. Nor is Provorov - Risto an answer.
play him on the RIGHT side, make him learn it, LEAVE him there maybe he'll accept the challenge and improve

he needs a challenge.....JUST LEAVE HIM THERE !

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00