Post-Game Talk: #29 | Flyers at Coyotes | December 11, 2022 | The Arena Has A Mullett | 7:00 PM ET

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
giphy1.gif

GDT: - #29 | Flyers at Coyotes | December 11, 2022 | The Arena Has A Mullett | 7:00 PM ET | NBCSP+, ESPN+

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That was actually a pretty fun watch, as far as two shitty teams go. I read miserable people accuse others of misery, but I don’t feel miserable at all watching young players build confidence and excel in positions to excel. I refuse to believe anyone is bitter about watching Frost kill it and the team get a point…….except the people who don’t want Frost to kill it.

York came alive with Sanheim as a pair, opening up more ice for him. (Weird how you don’t need a plug with each to instill confidence and strong play.) Frost and JVR and Tippett look like a real thing. Frost was next level confident as soon as he got that goal. Konecny remains a beast. It’s almost like people want to watch this out of their sort-of-not-really rebuilding team and not epic poems about Zack MacEwen.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That was actually a pretty fun watch, as far as two shitty teams go. I read miserable people accuse others of misery, but I don’t feel miserable at all watching young players build confidence and excel in positions to excel. I refuse to believe anyone is bitter about watching Frost kill it and the team get a point…….except the people who don’t want Frost to kill it.

York came alive with Sanheim as a pair. (Weird how you don’t need a plug with each to instill confidence and strong play.) Frost and JVR and Tippett look like a real thing. Konecny remains a beast. It’s almost like people want to watch this out of their sort of not really rebuilding team and not epic poems about Zack MacEwen.

Weird how the positive development signs on several fronts is way more fun and interesting than MacEwen getting Big Boyed in a fight.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So this 1F-2D OT is a real thing now? Is it some sick and twisted Tortarella coaching tactic or maybe just an ultimatum by Fletcher and Co to be better defensively?

“Torts” is just trying to make them work harder in OT. He’s trying to manufacture harder situations so they can learn how to persevere. It’s genius!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m crying at the 2 defensemen shit in 3v3. No team does it, and the Flyers aren't stumbling upon brilliance. The worst offensive team coming into this game; it's almost the definition of misplaced hubris that these coaches believe they're 3v3 scheming geniuses.

Yes, the Flyers had some possession, but there’s a reason forwards play forward, and it’s to score with their chances, not keep it perimeter. Besides York+Sanheim, who actually generated stuff, there is no combo of 2 defensemen I ever want to see together 3v3. No one should be surprised they lost both recent OTs when a FORWARD on the other team scores. No surprise 0 point Ristolainen directly caused that goal. As I type this, I'm listening to Jonesy slurp this strategy up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad