Post-Game Talk: #29: Coyotes at FLYERS, Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Arizona leads their division in points. They aren't a pushover. Arizona winning the Cup with Rick Tocchet as head coach? Sounds as ludicrous as Craig Berube winning a Stanley Cup as head coach. Someone make Dave Brown a head coach.
Easy there.. what cup?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I wasn’t really serious. He is a ****ing idiot who’s submarining the PP which didn’t/hasn’t helped.

He’s also just a piece of **** human too.

PP is struggling.

But G JVR TK Frost Provy with G on left wall, it’s not like we are rolling out slop.

Then Couts Ghost Jake Nisky Oskar

Players need to take some of the blame all I’m saying

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
The Flyers played well enough to win. It happens. But the PP needs to be fixed, not that it will get fixed by dearest Michel. And make sure to keep playing 7D with Hagg, who got butchered in his 8 minutes, while sapping time from Ghost, who was playing very well at both ends in a night we couldn't score. Das it mane.

202.gif

F you Michael Therrien for our broken PP.

shoot the puck more and when you do shoot the puck at least hit the net.

The PP problems speak for themselves.

Another area I'd like to see our coaches work on is getting the boys to release their shots faster.

Sandy's blocked shot on a gorgeous chance to tie the game was due, in part, by a delay in letting it go. And he isn't the only one taking too much time and giving D-men and goalies a chance to set up.

Whatever that game was by the Coyotes is why hockey isn’t popular.

That was a chore to watch and I’m a diehard. Just awful entertainment.

Mind numbing, but an effective road game.

But when your whiff on the PP, you give teams like the Yotes a chance to succeed with the boring stuff.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The Flyers played well enough to win. It happens. But the PP needs to be fixed, not that it will get fixed by dearest Michel. And make sure to keep playing 7D with Hagg, who got butchered in his 8 minutes, while sapping time from Ghost, who was playing very well at both ends in a night we couldn't score. Das it mane.

202.gif

All we can do is blame @Amorgus for attending his first game at the WFC and continue on with our lives.
If theres a next time I'm getting nose bleeds.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They played beautifully systems-wise. So I’m very enthused despite the loss.

Scorers didn’t score.

AZ knows its identity: great D & great goaltending. They shelled up & won. Only GA was off a defender’s skate. They block a shit ton of shots.

I was skeptical of Tocchet as a coach, but he’s evolved & won my respect.

Still, Flyers are playing great & there will be games like this. 16 wins in 29 games. And playing beautiful structure.

Tons to be positive about.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
The powerplay is officially a big problem. The chain smoking frenchman needs to make some changes.

5v5, Arizona did a good job keeping us to the outside, but we totally controlled the puck. I realize almost no one cares or believes me, but Vorobyev is a really good playmaker under pressure against the boards.

Sanheim was all over the offensive zone. He put himself in so many great spots. Really unlucky tonight.

The Frost line was very good again tonight 5v5. It was disheartening to see him benched in the 3rd. That didn't seem necessary.

Another game where the Hayes line was underwhelming. They've been fortunate from a goal perspective lately, but haven't generated possession/xGF%.
The pimp played tonight?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Blues team was different.. they were built very well but played crappy hockey and no one knew why..

Yotes ain't ****.

Every so often sports produces a champions that no one expected. A surprise. That history labeled a shocker. Could Arizona fall flat? Of course. The '69 Mets. Onion beating Secretariat. Buster Douglas. Approaching 40 years ago in the Olympics at Lake Placid. I could add to the theme. The unexpected in the eyes of many can be blinding.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
PP lost us the game. Fire Therrien.

Missed the net or over-passed on too-many good looks all game.

Arizona played like some of the lesser-skilled Trap-Era Devils. Just f***ing hideous hockey. The type that turns fans away if anything. Not at all surprised they cant attract new fans despite playing better. Vomit-inducing.

Ekman-Larsson is a piece of garbage. He has been for years but its under the radar.

Ive never seen officials get in the f***ing way so much in my life. f***ing clowns.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Every so often sports produces a champions that no one expected. A surprise. That history labeled a shocker. Could Arizona fall flat? Of course. The '69 Mets. Onion beating Secretariat. Buster Douglas. Approaching 40 years ago in the Olympics at Lake Placid. I could add to the theme. The unexpected in the eyes of many can be blinding.
I am surprised you did not mention 1980 USA Olympic hockey team... etc etc.. 16 win in hockey is no fluke.. did you see contender today? Sorry, I did not.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So many insanely stupid coaching decisions tonight. Truly remarkable.

-11 forwards, 7 D is never acceptable when you have a 12 forward and the 7th D is Hagg.
-Giroux being put on the right side of the PP yet again, in addition to the other standard idiotic PP decisions like having Provorov on PP1 and Ghost on PP2
-Benching Frost and putting JVR then Hayes on the top line instead is crazy stupid
-Defensemen usage, as always

Players mess up, like goaltending mistakes, defensive lapses, turnovers, over-passing, missing shots, and so on, but those are completely unavoidable and will always happen, no matter what, to every single player. What is avoidable are coaching mistakes that can be fixed with the snap of their fingers.

We may have been the better team tonight, but we lost and who knows if fixing any of these preventable mistakes could've made the whole difference.

*Disclaimer - this doesn't mean the loss was 100% the coaches fault. Nobody is saying that. But they did a LOT wrong*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad