GDT: 28/09/2013 HNIC preseason finale vs Leafs 7pm

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really? Callahan? Wasn't he someone the Wings picked up outside the draft?

No they used a late round draft pick on him. He played world juniors and everything hes got a bit of skill. Good defensively, on the forecheck, great agitator and will fight. Hes probably got a fourth line future with the wings

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Props to the Red Wings brass for giving Hoggan a game on HNIC. Class move.

It looked to me like there was 4 NHL players in the Griffin's Marlies's tilt last night. Nyquist,Tatar,Reimer and Kindl. If that's a backhanded slap at Emmerton,Miller,Sammy so be it.

What ever became of Landon Ferraro?
Seriously? He's 22 and I think he scored about 30 goals last season as a 2nd-3rd liner for Grand Rapids. If you ask me, he'll play in the NHL and hopefully with the Wings.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seriously? He's 22 and I think he scored about 30 goals last season as a 2nd-3rd liner for Grand Rapids. If you ask me, he'll play in the NHL and hopefully with the Wings.

Yeah, Ferraro will be full-time Red Wing at season 2014-15. He is out of waiver options at next summer and currently he is the best penalty killer in AHL.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I went back and watched the first two periods. Man. Those later picks have unearthed some really, really talented prospects, but the reason they went so late was plainly on display: almost all of them need a LOT of time in the weight room. The Wings roster was more skilled, especially at forward, but the Leafs roster was a great deal more athletic. Bigger, stronger, and a step faster. Even Nyquist and Tatar looked a bit weak in comparison.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I went back and watched the first two periods. Man. Those later picks have unearthed some really, really talented prospects, but the reason they went so late was plainly on display: almost all of them need a LOT of time in the weight room. The Wings roster was more skilled, especially at forward, but the Leafs roster was a great deal more athletic. Bigger, stronger, and a step faster. Even Nyquist and Tatar looked a bit weak in comparison.

It's kind of all relative though.

2 years ago when we played Nashville our whole team looked smaller, weaker, and slower. And that was our pro team.

I think Tatar and Nyquist's strength is not an issue at all. A lot of the younger guys still have weight to gain, but we knew that already.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Yeah, Ferraro will be full-time Red Wing at season 2014-15. He is out of waiver options at next summer and currently he is the best penalty killer in AHL.
pretty sure he led the league in SH goals, I would have liked having a smaller roster this year and him be our first call up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad