GDT: 28/09/2013 HNIC preseason finale vs Leafs 7pm

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't think Jarnkrok is anywhere near as good as people expected. Nothing much to write home about in his game

I'm not watching the game but I've always had my doubts about him. He has to change his game completely in order to be a good player in NA. Right now he's a typical european skill guy that plays big ice hockey on small ice. A few more pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Wings prospects just look so weak at forward. Literally: they look not physically strong. They have so, so much trouble battling down low in the offensive zone.

Yeah, not a good outing for them. Toronto seems a lot bigger too, huh?

Not looking good for having kids on the roster opening night.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Wings prospects just look so weak at forward. Literally: they look not physically strong. They have so, so much trouble battling down low in the offensive zone.

The defense looks pretty rough too, in their own end.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Lots of piss-poor passing, tonight, have made the forwards mostly ineffective. As well, the size difference between our 18-20 YO's vs Toronto's goon squad is really noticeable.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Good, I was worried we wouldn't be able to replace Jiri Hudler. :sarcasm:

He actually looks faster than Huds did to me. I was expecting a much slower player by all accounts. I don't see him being noticiably slower than anyone out there except Nyquist who is flying.

Mrzaek looked really good too. Didn't have much of a chance on either of the two goals.

Nyquist looking really fast and NHL ready.

Tatar looking solid, although he made a few bad defensive decisions.

Sheahan and Jarnkrok have barely been noticiable. Not too concerned about Ironhook as its really his first year here, but Sheahan should look a lot better.

Gledenning would probably be an upgrade on Emmerton. He is a better pker and has a little more gumption to his game. Not a good match for offensive players though.

Jurco had a real nice offensive chance, but besides that hasn't been very noticiable either way.

Sproul is going to need a few seasons in the AHL.

Oulette is going to surpass Smith soon, unless Smith gets his act together. I feel like Xavier is going to be one of the top dmen in the AHL this coming season. If Smith doesn't pick up his play this season I could see Oulette jumping over him.

Kindl looking pretty solid, I expect a huge year from him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Emmerton and Samuelsson are supposed to be pros playing against amateurs, right?

Boy they look like crap. They're both -2 too.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Oulette is going to surpass Smith soon, unless Smith gets his act together. I feel like Xavier is going to be one of the top dmen in the AHL this coming season. If Smith doesn't pick up his play this season I could see Oulette jumping over him.
The maddening thing I realized about Smith is that he doesn't make bad passes because of forecheck pressure, he makes them because he somehow thinks they're good passes. He's doing it tonight too. He'll put the puck right in the slot in his own zone... multiple times in one shift.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Man, I wish we had Raymond for our 3rd line instead of Cleary...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The maddening thing I realized about Smith is that he doesn't make bad passes because of forecheck pressure, he makes them because he somehow thinks they're good passes. He's doing it tonight too. He'll put the puck right in the slot in his own zone... multiple times in one shift.

Yeah, and you think he would learn and fix it, but he just keeps forcing.

I don't know what the deal is

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, and you think he would learn and fix it, but he just keeps forcing.

I don't know what the deal is

He looks like me in my rec league.

I see my teammate, it would be an amazing pass to make if the other team wasn't in the way or I was Datsyuk and could make a perfect seam pass anyway. But that's not the case so it just ends up getting picked off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad