Devane-Mckegg-Leivo
Ashton-Colborne- not sure

Rielly-Liles
Macwilliam-Franson
Percy-Holzer

Reimer

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Looks like a winnable game but Toronto has a lot of tough guys dressed, could get ugly. I'm expecting a Callahan Ashton fight. Seriously every line of Torontos has a borderline heavyweight on it except the fourth but Ashton is still a solid middleweight

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Ugh. Toronto-based Wings fan with tickets 14 rows up tonight. Figured it was a calculated risk that it would mostly be prospects in the Wings lineup. Oh well. Will be nice to get a look at Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok. Any other Toronto-based Wings fans going to the game tonight? Hopefully we're out in full force.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Looks like a winnable game but Toronto has a lot of tough guys dressed, could get ugly. I'm expecting a Callahan Ashton fight. Seriously every line of Torontos has a borderline heavyweight on it except the fourth but Ashton is still a solid middleweight

I don't think Callahan will fair to well if he dances with him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If all veterans who played yesterday will rest, it will be something like this:

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar
Jurco - Järnkrok - Pulkkinen
Miller - Emmerton - ?
Hoggan - Glendening - Callahan

Smith - ?
Paetsch - Almquist
Ouellet - Sproul

Mrazek/Coreau

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
When is the last time he's actually done well in a fight? He should just focus on the agitating part, same with Bertuzzi jr. Neither can fight very well.

I think little Bertuzzi could turn into a decent fighter as he fills out. Callahan just isn't going to be much of a fighter in pro hockey, would need to fight only guys his size. Cally just gets out-muscled an awful lot in his fights, he can go four or five times a year, but like you said his concentration should be on agitating.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
If all veterans who played yesterday will rest, it will be something like this:

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar
Jurco - Järnkrok - Pulkkinen
Miller - Emmerton - ?
Hoggan - Glendening - Callahan

Smith - ?
Paetsch - Almquist
Ouellet - Sproul

Mrazek/Coreau

Lashoff and Andersson are not vets so they will probably play again tonight.

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Glendening-Sheahan-Jurco
Hoggan-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen
Miller-Emmerton-Callahan

Lashoff-Smith
Paetsch-Almquist
Ouellet-Sproul

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lashoff and Andersson are not vets so they will probably play again tonight.

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Glendening-Sheahan-Jurco
Hoggan-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen
Miller-Emmerton-Callahan

Lashoff-Smith
Paetsch-Almquist
Ouellet-Sproul

All former/current Griffins except Miller. :laugh:

Blashill should coach this team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Emmerton played for the Griffs, no?

I thought he meant within the last year, Emmerton has been up for a while.

A good chunk of our team has suited up for the Griffins, we are a homegrown bunch and really have been for years, even when people accused us of buying teams, there was still a staggering number of homegrown players. Granted not all have suited up for games there. Right now every night our D will be guys that wore that jersey at some point.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Seriously? He played 217 games for the Griffins.

I misread it, it happens from time to time, was more pointing out he has been gone from Grand Rapids for a little while now. As I said our starting D, is all Griffins every night. Since monster suited up for them on conditioning assignment last year any goalie we play will have suited up for the Griffins.

In most of our starting lineups or preferred linups

Andersson
Abdelkader
Nyquist
Tatar
Helm/Emmerton

We are going to play a lot of former Griffins regardless on almost any given night, less up front, but still they litter the lineup every night. Although swapping out Filppula and Hudler for Weiss and Alfie over the last couple years has shrunk that number.

Aug 6, 2012
Hopefully Gus-Andy-Tats can somehow get it through Babcock's thick skull that they work well together. They dominated their first game but didn't do as well in the second against the best top-six in the league and apparently they aren't good enough according to Babs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad