#27 Kings vs. Sharks - 3/16/13, 5-2 Win! back up to 6th in West !

KingKopitar11*

I wonder what happened to Stoll, he's scoring, he had is own little renaissance.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
San Jose need to get younger. Get something(s) in value for Thornton at the least. He's a humongous guy that is only getting slower and more tired as the days go by. We pretty much have the same size as they do, yet we're so much faster as a team than them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Pavelski and Couture is not the worst 1st-2nd line center combo.

But it does leave the Sharks a little thin on the wing.

But you could shore that up with a Thorton trade.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Richards line only had 13 min cause they were one and done with ZERO fore-check.

Sutter probably kept their shifts short, that line doesn't have anyone that can fore-check.

Toffoli is not a guy, that is going to dig pucks out of corners.

And Richards/Carter don't do it consistently ether. It's not the greatest line makeup.

Carter/Richards need someone that can create space, and dig pucks out of corners.

I liked Clifford on that line earlier in the season, and Lewis wasn't too shabby with them either.

Ron*

"How frigging disappointing is that?" McLellan said. "We play against the Stanley Cup champions back-to-back. We're lucky enough to win one in San Jose. We come here and you got to think they'd to be champing at the bit and be ready to go, and they're going to push you, and what a great opportunity for our team to test themselves collectively, but also individually: Do I belong in the NHL? When I look across, can I outplay the guy that I line up against? We had a lot of passengers. So disappointing. So disappointing."

The whole quote is great (from nhl.com). I don't know if McLellan knows how to motivate his players with statements like these to the public. Just seems like a really negative attitude going on up there. I guess he's getting desperate.

McLellan's statement strikes me as pure anger being vented, something he may be sorry about later. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to motivate his players or any other strategy he's trying to employ.

Think of it. Five wins in 44 days. In a compacted schedule. I can only imagine what Sutter would say and do if the Kings were going through this kind of slump.

Ron*

If they trade Thornton, is Couture first line center material?

Yes.

Oh, by the way, I saw your boy in person beat Berdych in Indian Wells on Saturday. I go to BNP Paribas every year for semi-finals day, and it cost me the San Jose game this year. :/ Oh well, still a blast. :)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I would be curious to know what the longest slump is for Sutter's coaching career.

Ron*

Pics? :)

And why just the semis?

No pics, I didn't bring the camera, and as it turns out I was suffering most of the day with that stupid sunscreen getting in my eyes anyway.

My friends got me into this four years ago, we always just go on semi-finals day because that's the best value. It used to be both men's semis and the woman's final, but they wised up at Indian Wells and now they put both finals on Sunday...however, we don't go on Sundays, just too much driving to and from the L.A. area and one day is good enough for me.

I watched the final on TV today, pretty damn good...if the sun wasn't so tortuous I might have tried to make it out there.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
The whole quote is great (from nhl.com). I don't know if McLellan knows how to motivate his players with statements like these to the public.
"How frigging disappointing is that?" McLellan said. "We play against the Stanley Cup champions back-to-back. We're lucky enough to win one in San Jose. We come here and you got to think they'd to be champing at the bit and be ready to go, and they're going to push you, and what a great opportunity for our team to test themselves collectively, but also individually: Do I belong in the NHL? When I look across, can I outplay the guy that I line up against? We had a lot of passengers. So disappointing. So disappointing."

Hahaha WOOOOW! That's harsh! :laugh:
Somehow I don't think that's going to make the players want to play for him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So I do not think we are going to be able to catch the Ducks for the division. So the quesiton i have is where woudl everyoen's ideal playoff spot be?
The 6th seed will likley play a weaker opponent points wise however the Wild are starting to click, and the Canucks will eventually get healthy and be dominent. I mean they have won two straight pres trophies.
The 4th seed would be key as we have been playing way better at home, but wil likely be against the blues.
Thoughts? I know nothign is confirmed and step one is just getting in, but it's something to think about.

RonSwanson*

So I do not think we are going to be able to catch the Ducks for the division. So the quesiton i have is where woudl everyoen's ideal playoff spot be?
The 6th seed will likley play a weaker opponent points wise however the Wild are starting to click, and the Canucks will eventually get healthy and be dominent. I mean they have won two straight pres trophies.
The 4th seed would be key as we have been playing way better at home, but wil likely be against the blues.
Thoughts? I know nothign is confirmed and step one is just getting in, but it's something to think about.

That would be the best possible matchup. LA dominates the Blues.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Stoll has more goals this season on the third line than first-liner Justin Williams. mind=blown.

Williams is startingto turn it up bigtime though. With the long summer this has been such a odd year.
mind blwon stat for me is that Hickey has more goals that Drew

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would be curious to know what the longest slump is for Sutter's coaching career.

Well Dean did fire him after he went 8–12–2–2 with the Sharks in 02-03. Not bad by slump standards though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad