#27 Kings vs. Sharks - 3/16/13, 5-2 Win! back up to 6th in West !

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
What do Jonathan Bernier and Georges St. Pierre have in common?

Both French Canadians
Both picked up a W on March 16th, 2013
Both did it against a Norcal opponent!
Only people in NoCal call it NorCal.
No is short for North Nor is short for Norway:naughty:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also lost the Ducks game. No more same goalie two nights in a row ever again please. You learn from your mistakes not repeat them a week later.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Do people have short term memories or something? Don't you remember when Bernier gave up 3 goals in 8 shots against the Blues after he was started back to back nights?

cneil99

Jul 7, 2007
How did Toffoli do? I only saw highlights which I saw him miss a great chance. Is he up to stay?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
He is technically right because the Kings have a better point percentage than the Wings, and more ROW than the Wild, though they lead their division.

While we certainly wish we had less than 10 regulation losses, we should be extremely happy that 14 of our 15 wins have been ROWs. The ****ing _ucks have the lowest ROW percentage amongst the current playoff teams in the West at 75% (15 of 20 wins). LOL, signs of overachieving.

Gsp won? Was it a clean victory.

Yep. 5 rounds to none.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
smyth_crying_640.jpg

Asheru

Jun 28, 2011
Do people have short term memories or something? Don't you remember when Bernier gave up 3 goals in 8 shots against the Blues after he was started back to back nights?

I remember that he got pulled when it was only 3-1 and some of those goals were deflections.

He's played well, and did not deserve to be passed over for starts this week because of that game.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

Do YOU have short term memory problems or does the fact that all 3 goals were tip ins mean nothing to you? That game was 100% not his fault.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Do YOU have short term memory problems or does the fact that all 3 goals were tip ins mean nothing to you? That game was 100% not his fault.

They were all through his five hole, it wasn't a good look and you'd think after the first one he'd correct it. That doesn't change the things people have said though. No same guy two nights in a row please.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Really really excited about Toffoli. He's been my favorite prospect almost ever since he was drafted.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
They were all through his five hole, it wasn't a good look and you'd think after the first one he'd correct it. That doesn't change the things people have said though. No same guy two nights in a row please.

Every NHL goalie seems to have a chronic issue of not using their sticks to cover their 5 hole. I truly don't get what the **** most NHL goalie coaches are there for...

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
For anyone commenting on Toffoli's skating, anyone notice how he was the first one back on Wingels' breakaway even though he started deeper in the offensive zone than the defensemen (even thoug he took the penalty)?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
For anyone commenting on Toffoli's skating, anyone notice how he was the first one back on Wingels' breakaway even though he started deeper in the offensive zone than the defensemen (even thoug he took the penalty)?

He's certainly gotten better but I still think Kozun deserved the shot more than him and I'd rather see Toffoli dominate the AHL some more, fill out the holes in his game, get lots of ice time, and come in to camp next year and compete for a spot. Kozun has earned his shot.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

All I've heard about Quick is how he's supposed to make spectacular saves to bail out the defense but people don't hold Bernier to the same standard?.

We are playing a ton of games this month. Why do we need to overplay one goalie? People act like Quick is a terrible goalie now. The Kings still win with him in net. Bernier and Quick are both great. Use them both to get through this tough schedule.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
He's certainly gotten better but I still think Kozun deserved the shot more than him and I'd rather see Toffoli dominate the AHL some more, fill out the holes in his game, get lots of ice time, and come in to camp next year and compete for a spot. Kozun has earned his shot.

*Darryl Sutter voice*

Well it's not a matter of who's worked the hardest, it's about who's the best player, right? You know ... Tyler has dominated in the American League, and he's what we want up here with Richie and Carts.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
How did Toffoli do? I only saw highlights which I saw him miss a great chance. Is he up to stay?

No I don't think he is gonna stay that long, but he did play well. Lots of hustle, made some good plays, and although he missed on a good scoring chance I think the important takeaway is that he actually contributed meaningfully and didn't look the slightest bit out of place skating with the big boys.

bobafettish*

this is the result the kings should have had on thursday.....

even though he looked shaky, toffoli had quite a few scoring chances. hope he gets a few more games to get comfortable

clifford is a manbeast!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
All I've heard about Quick is how he's supposed to make spectacular saves to bail out the defense but people don't hold Bernier to the same standard?.

No. You're trying to compare two VERY different styles. Quick relies on "spectacular" saves. Bernier relies in being in position so he doesn't have to make "spectacular" saves.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Not to rain on anyone's parade. But Toffoli skate's just fine straight forward, but he struggled tonight getting around Defenders for the Fore-check.

Fore-check was no where to be found on that line. Richards/Carter/Toffoli were a lot of one and done tonight.

That line has to find a fore-check if they want to score in the Western Conference.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009

If they believe that Toffoli is the better prospect and that he could come up soon, it makes sense to get him a few NHL games. I think that speeds his development far more than a dozen more games in the AHL running circles around people, and brings him into camp even more prepared to earn a roster spot. It doesn't mean Kozun shouldn't (or won't) get a chance as well, just that they're prioritizing preparing Tyler because they think he is more ready or will contribute more.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Why is it when Bernier lets in goals it's never ever his fault, yet if quick gives one up it's always he's out of position or should of have made the save?

Some of the statements being said on these threads are just mind boggling, from wondering how goalie coaches have jobs to wanting to start Bernier 100% of the games going forward.

Bernier is playing well, Quick is struggling. It's obvious. People just need to stop going off the deep end with the asinine comments. There is no way in hell either goalie should be playing 3 games in 4 nights, nor should either start both games of the back to back.

I wish some posters were more objective in watching the games rather than posting based on their personal feelings about certain players all the time.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Toffolli had a decent first game, probably should have had a goal. Not a very pretty skater though. Hopefully he gets a few more games in at least.

That is a understatement. TT skates to upright and his feet are terrible. What he does have is he knows where to go and has good hands. He reminds me of a right handed Moulsen. He really needs to keep working on his skating and I see no reason he can't be a top 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad