Post-Game Talk: #27: FLYERS 6 @ Sabres 2

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He doesn't offer much these days but he still manages to put the puck in the net somehow. That is a quality.
Not worth 6+ million but I wouldn't call him addition by subtraction.

When the guy gets a lot of favorable usage that he doesn’t really do enough with it is. He’s fifth amongst forwards in average ES time & fourth in PP time (4th in overall average time).

He’s very replaceable at this point & they’re never going to really decrease that usage given who he is.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Belated addition:

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He pushed for the guy he barely played when Hextall put him on the Flyers in 16-17, and who missed almost the 17-18 season and who struggled in his only three 18-19 AHL games? Yeah, that sounds like Hak. Always giving the kids the benefit of the doubt.

If ever there was a case where “Hakstol had no other choices” it was playing Stolarz.

Both starting goalies were injured. Lyon flopped. Pickard was a desperation choice who couldn’t stop a puck, and Stolarz went in only when he got shelled, and then ran with the job.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Man that was fun. This is where I'd normally suggest that there were tweaks, but they were trying the same offensive pressure against Buffalo last time too so I guess it's just a team they match well with. So there are a small handful of teams they play and look like an NHL team.

That Weise goal is exactly why I've been carving my front door to look like Raffl's face. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty mighty good man.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fun game to be at. Lots of orange in the stands.

The Sabres fans losing their minds at the officials only to give up a short handed goal 25 seconds after they finally got a PP was glorious.

Giroux was great. Provorov looked confident.

I lost it at Hagg for that dumb shot he took in the third period after the flyers had the zone for about 35 seconds. Unscreened wrist shot from the boards that was shoulder high and and had no chance for a rebound. He might as well of given the puck to the Sabres. And this isn’t the first time it’s happened either.

The Carle

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Could Stolie be our savior? Would be kind of funny given how much emphasis there is with Carter Hart. Hakstol needs to not be an idiot and ride him into the ground though.

Reactions: BillDineen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad