Post-Game Talk: #27: FLYERS 6 @ Sabres 2

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He pushed for the guy he barely played when Hextall put him on the Flyers in 16-17, and who missed almost the 17-18 season and who struggled in his only three 18-19 AHL games? Yeah, that sounds like Hak. Always giving the kids the benefit of the doubt.
Ha. Hey, I could be wrong, just what I heard.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Which he got at age 32, 33 and 37 and with the help of Fedorov, Lidstrom, Shanahan, etc...

At the age of 30, Yzermans leadership was being questioned around the hockey world. Amazing what can change when you surround a great player with more talent.

It was a ridiculously stupid characterization to begin with, though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The mention of Stanley Cups makes no sense in comparisons between players talent/skill/performances.

A team award doesn’t prove anything when looking at individuals. Great players may not win one because of being bad teams, bad players may win one because of being on good teams.

Only time it does is if you’re comparing career accomplishments.

It’s just as stupid as using +/- for individuals.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
What a difference a goalie can make. Stolie looks good and like the real deal. Too bad for hextall, if he had gotten a bit longer they’d have Stolie to keep him in.

Wilson has corrected Sanheim, Provy, Ghost. Can he fix amac? Is he Jesus?

I would 100% go
G
Couts
Patrick
Laughton

Reactions: DaphneLion

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
What a difference a goalie can make. Stolie looks good and like the real deal. Too bad for hextall, if he had gotten a bit longer they’d have Stolie to keep him in.

Wilson has corrected Sanheim, Provy, Ghost. Can he fix amac? Is he Jesus?

I would 100% go
G
Couts
Patrick
Laughton

Mcdonald is a bum. There is nothing to fix; at best he can make him less repugnant.

Wilson will be able to help Morin and then Myers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Which he got at age 32, 33 and 37 and with the help of Fedorov, Lidstrom, Shanahan, etc...

At the age of 30, Yzermans leadership was being questioned around the hockey world. Amazing what can change when you surround a great player with more talent.

Having an all-time great coach doesn't hurt either.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The mention of Stanley Cups makes no sense in comparisons between players talent/skill/performances.

A team award doesn’t prove anything when looking at individuals. Great players may not win one because of being bad teams, bad players may win one because of being on good teams.

Only time it does is if you’re comparing career accomplishments.

It’s just as stupid as using +/- for individuals.

In the case of Yzerman, bringing up MVP awards is no less crazy. He played concurrently with Gretzky and Lemieux :laugh: I'm an absolutely massive Stevie Y fanboi, so I don't like to hear any of this **** anyway lol. There's a lot of revisionist **** that is always said about him. It makes me barf sometimes.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Yzerman was putting up great numbers before Detroit became a good team.

His greatness had nothing to do with coaching or his teammates.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
In the case of Yzerman, bringing up MVP awards is no less crazy. He played concurrently with Gretzky and Lemieux :laugh: I'm an absolutely massive Stevie Y fanboi, so I don't like to hear any of this **** anyway lol. There's a lot of revisionist **** that is always said about him. It makes me barf sometimes.

He also played against a lot of other top end talent. The 90s had a lot of damn good hockey players.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Reactions: Beef Invictus

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I hope he stays on another year. Guy appears to be a genius.

I didn't know anything about him.

But then I heard he worked with hitchcock at Dallas.

Their d corp was great.

Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor, Matvichuck.

If Wilson can help mold a top 4 some like that then half the battle to a cup team is over.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I didn't know anything about him.

But then I heard he worked with hitchcock at Dallas.

Their d corp was great.

Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor, Matvichuck.

If Wilson can help mold a top 4 some like that then half the battle to a cup team is over.
I’ve never even heard of him before. I guess good on Hak for getting him here.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
That shortie by Giroux made me wet my pants.
Stolarz for Hart.
In all seriousness I think the team really trusts Stolarz unlike any of the goalies this season. When you can trust your goaltending it makes everything easier for the skaters. They don’t have to worry about making a mistake that ends up in the back of the net.
I dont know if I would start him tonight. Go with the hot hand or rest him for the rest of the trip.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Those defensemen were already good players. But Wilson gives the team one thing it really lacked — some friggin personality.

Reactions: kudymen

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
What a difference a goalie can make. Stolie looks good and like the real deal.
th (95).jpg

I BELIEVE.

Reactions: TheKingPin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

They only award one championship a year, there’s good teams every year that don’t come home with a championship. There’s also a large number that doesn’t have a shot every year. The culture of deciding a player’s worth based on team accomplishments is the dumbest thing in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad