Post-Game Talk: #27: FLYERS 6 @ Sabres 2

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabres lose and Hakstal probably gets a 5 year extension in the morning so we all lost.

In all seriousness we were all on the receiving end of the horrible officiating puck luck (people talking about bias and Comcast paying off the league are ridiculous, bad officiating going against a team is nothing more than dumb luck). But that's meaningless because you guys totally outplayed us and we in no way deserved to win this game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hope this isn't one of you...

hqdefault.jpg

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Giroux is 8th in league scoring...tied with elite talent Eichel...and G has played 3 less games.

Also tied for 7th in ES points....tied with generational talent McDavid

G is so underrated even my our some of our own dumbass fans.

Also of note, our PP has sucked too. So at some point, that should pick up.

I think this is the reason Hextall was fired. Giroux is a generational talent, but what else does this team have? Crosby had some lights out Fleury, he has Malkin, Letang, he had Staal.

If you don’t get Giroux that "other element” it is a waste. managing a roster is alchemy. They thought that Voracek could do it. Couts. These are great players, but not roster alchemy.

Closest they had recently I think actually was Jagr. They need another dynamic player and they can’t wait for development or risk a prospect doesn’t develop. Get that guy now. We have the assets. Let Giroux raise a cup in the next few years. Build a juggernaut.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think this is the reason Hextall was fired. Giroux is a generational talent, but what else does this team have? Crosby had some lights out Fleury, he has Malkin, Letang, he had Staal.

If you don’t get Giroux that "other element” it is a waste. managing a roster is alchemy. They thought that Voracek could do it. Couts. These are great players, but not roster alchemy.

Closest they had recently I think actually was Jagr. They need another dynamic player and they can’t wait for development or risk a prospect doesn’t develop. Get that guy now. We have the assets. Let Giroux raise a cup in the next few years. Build a juggernaut.
... uhhh what

2011-2012 Jagr was nowhere close to as good as multiple people on this roster.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
... uhhh what

2011-2012 Jagr was nowhere close to as good as multiple people on this roster.

I do think TK is a much better winger than Voracek ever was for Giroux. Giroux imo plays better with a shooter on his wing rather than another playmaker.

I really think Simmonds is the odd man out in this lineup. He's always looked to me woefully bad at 5v5. I really wonder if anyone in the Flyers brass will wise up and realize that.

Laughton has done a really good job this year and really could be a good #2/#3 LW. He's got good speed, physical, and a decent shot. If management was smart they'd throw out Weal and etc. on a 3rd RW and see what sticks on a line centered by Patrick or Couturier with G going back to center. An injury to Simmonds unfortunately would probably be the best thing to happen, force them to plug someone else in the lineup.

Reactions: Striiker

Travat

Feb 24, 2018
3 top 4 hart trophy nominates to yzerman's 2

giroux has 4 seassons in the top 10 in scoring. also was 1 point away from being in the top 10 in 2012-2013, was 1 point away in 2010-2011. So 2 points away he would have 6 top 10 scoring seasons. The same as yzerman.

Plus look what he is doing this year. It would give him 7.

Yzerman does have the pearson though which i always thought was a bit weird.
Yzerman also has 3 Stanley Cups if I'm not mistaken!

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Sabres lose and Hakstal probably gets a 5 year extension in the morning so we all lost.

In all seriousness we were all on the receiving end of the horrible officiating puck luck (people talking about bias and Comcast paying off the league are ridiculous, bad officiating going against a team is nothing more than dumb luck). But that's meaningless because you guys totally outplayed us and we in no way deserved to win this game.

Puck luck giveth and taketh. I like the talent that Buffalo has assembled. The team is not nearly as strong as the record suggests, though

The whole team has middling to bad possession numbers for as much success in points they’ve achieved. I’m not sure if they’re underperforming or getting unlucky or what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad