Post-Game Talk: #27: FLYERS 6 @ Sabres 2

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You really want Voracek gone, don't you? :laugh:

The man dissed me. Good riddance.

Nah, I just think they have to make some moves, the line chemistry has been off all season, some players just don't fit with other players, happens on every team, and explains a lot of the player for player deals that are made in the NHL.

Plus I'm not sure I'd want to be on the hook for both JVR and Voracek the next four years, especially if they want to be players this summer in the FA market.

On the other hand, I actually saw Voracek both shoot the puck and hang out near the blue paint, so maybe if he's reading my posts, he's decided to become a complete player. I've said repeatedly, if he dedicated himself to the dirty work he could be a great player. 6'3 210 forwards should be driving the net and challenging defenses.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I would switch Patrick to wing to give his offense a jump

JVR-G-TK
Patrick-Coots-Vora
Lindblom-Weal/Laughton-Simmer

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
yea breakup tk and g and we losing again, thats what you want?

Yes.

The 28-14-93 line dominated when together last year.

Giving NP your 2nd most dynamic winger in hopes to create an actually functional 2nd line. Yes.

If the Flyers ever want to win a Cup
19 has to develop correctly. I don't give 2 f***s about sneaking into the playoffs this year.

The kid already has to overcome the handicap of having Hak as a coach.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
You people posting lineups with NP on the 3rd line are crazy and missing the boat. This kid needs icetime and quality linemates. You'd be depriving him of both. :pout:

Getting NP going and confident should be priority #1 of this entire franchise. His development means more than anything.

The fact that Hak plays Simmer over him on PP1, and makes him play 5v5 with either Simmer or Weise burns me up.

Stiz, I agree with what you're saying.

My only caveat would be if Simmer is being put on PP1 to pad his scoring numbers in anticipation of a trade in February, I'm ok with that.

propose your ideal lines then.

G - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Patrick - [new RW in the TK mold]
JVR - Frost - Allison
Raffl - Laughton - NAK

Of course, we'll have to wait until next season.

I like dead's lines for next year.

In the meantime, I think I'd put TK with Patrick and move Jake back with the first line.

Jake has demonstrated chemistry with G and Couts. TK can shoot and would take better advantage of Nolan's passes that have been going to waste this season. He might even get more offensive opportunities on the second line.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
yea breakup tk and g and we losing again, thats what you want?
th (94).jpg

LIKE...ALL WE ARE SAYING.... IS GIVE TK/G/JVR A CHANCE.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team has needed more speed at forward forever, you can see the difference TK makes, and Raffl on the forecheck.
Frost and NAK will add speed, but I wouldn't mind trading for a solid young forward with TK like skills.

One think I really like about TK is despite his speed and offensive skills, he's no figure skater.
The kid is a "brat," hitting people, agitating, now that he's filled out he's become a little terror.
Get me one more forward like that.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This team has needed more speed at forward forever, you can see the difference TK makes, and Raffl on the forecheck.
Frost and NAK will add speed, but I wouldn't mind trading for a solid young forward with TK like skills.

One think I really like about TK is despite his speed and offensive skills, he's no figure skater.
The kid is a "brat," hitting people, agitating, now that he's filled out he's become a little terror.
Get me one more forward like that.

but you hit the nail on the head the crux of one of our major issues. We hace one of the slowest forard groups in the league, and it is compounded by coots and patrick being our top2 centers. They are the two slowest top 6 centers in the league and its really not even f***ing close. Its a real big problem.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I like the way Laughton and Raffl play off each other, I'm fine with him at 3C the problem is Simmonds and Voracek. Both of them are way too content to just rim pucks around the offensive zone

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
but you hit the nail on the head the crux of one of our major issues. We hace one of the slowest forard groups in the league, and it is compounded by coots and patrick being our top2 centers. They are the two slowest top 6 centers in the league and its really not even ****ing close. Its a real big problem.

While I agree to a point I think it’s also partly with how they approach the game. You’ve heard Hak mention countless times over the years how they need to “take what is given to them”.

I think it’s partly why you see the points used as much as they are. They are reactionary instead of driving play. At least it’s what I see a decent amount of time.

While I do think footspeed is an issue, they imo could keep up with a lot of the faster clubs if they didn’t try to constantly slow the game down.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
How is Nolan Patrick playing? I havent caught a Flyers game recently, should we be worried about his pointless streak? That's 9 game now.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Fun game to be at. Lots of orange in the stands.

The Sabres fans losing their minds at the officials only to give up a short handed goal 25 seconds after they finally got a PP was glorious.

Giroux was great. Provorov looked confident.

I lost it at Hagg for that dumb shot he took in the third period after the flyers had the zone for about 35 seconds. Unscreened wrist shot from the boards that was shoulder high and and had no chance for a rebound. He might as well of given the puck to the Sabres. And this isn’t the first time it’s happened either.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Simmonds is an addition by subtraction at this point. He’s just not really good anymore & the coaching staff is just going to keep giving him opportunities that he doesn’t do nearly enough with. Plays just die on his stick unless it’s like a re-direct or put back in front of the net.
He doesn't offer much these days but he still manages to put the puck in the net somehow. That is a quality.
Not worth 6+ million but I wouldn't call him addition by subtraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad