Post-Game Talk: #27 - 03/15/2021 | Rangers vs Flyers | 7:00 PM EST - NBCSN, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Flyers should have whooped them so the fact they got a point is somewhat impressive
Shows how bad the Flyers are. No Fox, No Buch. But even still, KAM and Kinkaid singlehandedly (doublehandedly?) Lost that game. Upwards and onwards. Destroy them wit Shesty next game.........hopefully.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Now that you mentioned it not Having DeAngelo and Fox tonight really hurt us, DeAngelo was one of the best in the league last year on the power play and was very effective in overtime 3 x 3. I think he had 2 game winners last year in OT. He gets fired for saying Quinn is not a NHL caliber coach and criticizes Georgiev for having a bad game. He is just repeating what is said on this forum after each game.
Yes, Tony would have helped in OT and the PP. Problem is the Flyers would have scored three more goals at ES when Tony couldn't cover his man.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Again...if you aren’t even a little concerned with Kakko or LaFreniere, you’re either the most patient people on this planet, or an indifferent fan.
I'm very patient yet getting growingly worried. It would be unprecedented that two talents like this fall flat on their faces.
There is definitely a disconnect somewhere.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Kravtsov comes over playing well, then you’ve got to look at him getting these top line minutes going to Kakko. Rangers have to see which of these wingers are going to be the ones to hang onto.
We could only hope that he makes some kind of offensive impact. Not only for winning games, but to disgard any thoughts of this "Rangers rookie jinx" and coaching inabilities.
Would make Kakko and Laf take a good long look in the mirror, trying to find what got them their status. Jeez, c'mon guys, wtf !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rdhstlr23

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kinkaid got us a point? He gave up three bad goals. Hart outplayed him by alot. He lost us a point. He was a negative in this game; a big negative.
4 bad goals when you factor in the Hayes goal that got called back bc of an offside.

Kinkaid sucks but he's only playing because of how bad Georgiev has been. Kinkaid isnt the solution, he never was going to be. We need Georgiev to get his head out of his ass and at least be average. It's not asking that much out of him.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Thats really negative thinking.
So.....k'Andrę isnt going to be a star someday?
Our top 2 picks are going to be this the rest of their careers?

But yeah, unbelievable how Farabee is lighting up the scoreboard and our guys are being emasculated.

My post wasn't about KeAndre, it was about Kraftsov over Farabee.

It's hard to sugar coat Laf and Kakko, I think they will be good players and they need to develop but you would hope to see more than we have at this point. I'm honestly more concerned with Laf. He isn't skating and not physically engaged. He isn't a small player like Hughes.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Panarin was soft on that OT goal. He stopped skating. Awful pass by Kinkaid but an even worse attempt by Panarin, which sucks because he was terrific in regulation time.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

It's hard to sugar coat Laf and Kakko, I think they will be good players and they need to develop but you would hope to see more than we have at this point. I'm honestly more concerned with Laf. He isn't skating and not physically engaged. He isn't a small player like Hughes.

Farabee has played close to 80 games. Why not wait till Kravtsov plays his first few before coming to the conclusion that it was a bad pick. But if it does turn out that Walstrom and Farabee end up the better players, Gordie Clark should lose his job.

Reactions: ArPanet

1200ftalt

Apr 30, 2014
Yes, Tony would have helped in OT and the PP. Problem is the Flyers would have scored three more goals at ES when Tony couldn't cover his man.
The Flyers scored 2 power play goals, they have a ok power play, the Rangers scored 0 power play goals again, the game ended 4-4 tie, I think even you can do the math ?
You fire the 3rd best Defenseman in the league on the power play because he calls out the coach ? The Rangers front office is trying to impress people who don’t watch hockey.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
The Flyers scored 2 power play goals, they have a ok power play, the Rangers scored 0 power play goals again, the game ended 4-4 tie, I think even you can do the math ?
You fire the 3rd best Defenseman in the league on the power play because he calls out the coach ? The Rangers front office is trying to impress people who don’t watch hockey.

C'mon, man. He was an above average offensive defenseman and a below average defensive defenseman, he couldn't defend for shit, and he was doing nothing all season long before they kicked his ass to the curb.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Tony is not coming back. Regardless of your feelings about him or what happened or whatever, it's quite clear that he's done here. There's no point in talking about him anymore.

Reactions: Mandar

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lost a point because the goaltending wasn't even below average last night. They can't rush Shesterkin back, but man they could have really used him.

Let's also not lose focus on the fact they were without their #1D, maybe their most consistent forward this season, and their #1 goalie and went to OT with a team that is pretty much healthy.

Gauthier was up and down yesterday. The 1st penalty was more on Miller being out of position, but the 2nd one is a bad one. He needs to keep playing though. His size and speed on the wing is something that this team can use.

Really wish we saw more of Reunanen. He looked solid while he was on the ice for someone with no practice with the team and was thrown out there. If Fox is still out for next game, hopefully they can get a practice in where Reunanen can run PP2. Would love to see him on PP1, but I doubt they do that. It would at least take some of the load off of Miller, who shouldn't have been out there for 24 minutes last night.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
he got fed a suicide pass by his dipshit goalie at the end of a shift. I don't know what you wanted him to do.

He for sure got fed a suicide pass and he made it worse by not even attempting to track Vorachek down, he just stopped and watched the play. I'm not saying he would have caught him but maybe he could have done enough to alter his move on the goalie.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Now that you mentioned it not Having DeAngelo and Fox tonight really hurt us, DeAngelo was one of the best in the league last year on the power play and was very effective in overtime 3 x 3. I think he had 2 game winners last year in OT. He gets fired for saying Quinn is not a NHL caliber coach and criticizes Georgiev for having a bad game. He is just repeating what is said on this forum after each game.
He'd make a perfect HF board "fan". Except he got himself put on permanent ignore. Actions have consequences. And you over-simplify his transgressions.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Who the hell is Kraftsov?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Again...if you aren’t even a little concerned with Kakko or LaFreniere, you’re either the most patient people on this planet, or an indifferent fan.
Or they're an ego driven hf poster who refuses to come off their conclusion that they're right about everything being totally fine. Bc that'd mean other people figured out something that these egomaniacs didn't. God forbid they weren't the smartest person in the room.

So everything is fine, we aren't seeing these two players struggle to score. Nothing could have been done to improve their performance thus far. Nothing went wrong with Lias or Kravtsov last year. There is absolutely zero chance our front office made several poor roster decisions in the last several years. We won every trade and used our cap to the best of our ability. The way we handled ADA was also perfect and we definitely couldn't have traded him last season at any point (even though there's no way to know this with any certainty). Oh and the coach was the best hire we could have possibly made, he's great.

If you don't agree with all of this completely then you are just a panicky fan who can't handle a NY rebuild. Unlike X poster who is really smart and just gets hockey better than everyone else...bc they posted on HF for longer

Last edited:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Kinkaid got us a point? He gave up three bad goals. Hart outplayed him by alot. He lost us a point. He was a negative in this game; a big negative.

He’s just a different caliber of player than what we normally have for our goaltenders. It is what it is with him. Obviously, we’ve been spoiled with some pretty good netminders over the last 15 years.

Reactions: smoneil

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The problem I have is that the trades we made and cap we spent all signal that this team ABSOLUTELY is meant to compete for the POs NOW. Instead we are struggling mightily with wild bouts of inconsistency and an absolute dearth of scoring from the young guys.

There are massive question marks as it pertains to this coaching staff and its ability to coach up the prospects, especially offensively. I've yet to see one poster point to what it is this staff does well, especially in that regard. Something that serves as evidence they're definitely doing even an average job let alone a good or great one.
I do see plenty of compelling arguments showing that Gorton made a bad hire here.
I see plenty of evidence that our organizational philosphy is stifling for the young guys and harmful to their confidence. We've seen evidence of prospects who have been rushed over too soon, weren't given chances to fail and learn and quit on the organization. We've seen several severe communication failures and there always seems to be some new off ice headache the team is dealing with. Next year is make or break imo for Gorton. If we aren't already a SOLID playoff team competing for the division than he has failed. There's no excuse to be anything but competing for the division next year

Reactions: Unpredictable1

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Kreider no shows again. Zibanejad was meh. Lafreniere needs to continue on the top 2 lines. Panarin, Stone and Blackwell were very good. Kakko needs to be more aggressive going to the net. Chytil was meh. Gauthier was good other then the two penalties. Howden was actually ok along with Lemieux and Rooney.

Lindgren was our best D. Trouba played a lot but wasn’t impactful. Miller was not good. Hajek was ok. Smith was ok. Reunanen was poised.

Kinkaid is a backup goalie. However I would still start him over Georgiev right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad