Post-Game Talk: #27 - 03/15/2021 | Rangers vs Flyers | 7:00 PM EST - NBCSN, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
So juvenile especially since we know the source of Zibanejad’s struggles and it’s not a laughing matter.

Regardless, the Swede has been showing signs of life and I promise you these posts are not going to age well.
Im sorry. Time to get serious about something we have no control over.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I remember when Buch was effortlessly being rubbed off pucks left and right 2.5 years ago and seemed like he could never win a body battle. Never threw a hit. Look at him now and that’s hardly the case. The same can and will be said for Laf and Kakko in the not-so-distant future.
I think he actually has strength back then but incredibly reticent to use it. I commented a few times I saw him totally shove an opponent out of the way, easily, and looked surprised. He has a very good foundation for his height. He looks gangly but has plenty of gravity. I think he still could use that more.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Kakko and Laf's biggest issue in my mind right now is that they are too slow for today's NHL. They need to get a helluva lot faster. They have the skills, but if every time they have the puck, they get rubbed off immediately because they aren't fast skaters, there's nothing they can do with it.
Shame for Laf though. He does have high-end speed but his first few steps really need some work. He’s fast but not quick.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A lot of our core guys aren't exactly burners. We may need to adapt our system to that. More puck support, more cycling, more focus on the neutral zone. I find myself screaming "will somebody help him!" at the tv way too much.

Derek Stepan literally just about can't skate and had a very nice career. Lafreniere has just as good a hockey IQ and way more natural skill. He can make it work.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Citation needed. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but is that objectively true? Genuinely curious.
I guess I can't say that for certain haha. But I mean you can get a skating coach and spend the summer focusing on improving your techniques. You can hit the gym and start lifting those weights. But when you are 23, you really are not going to improve your vision and instinct for the game. You either have it or not.

I feel like this applies at least 85% of the time.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So juvenile especially since we know the source of Zibanejad’s struggles and it’s not a laughing matter.

Regardless, the Swede has been showing signs of life and I promise you these posts are not going to age well.
And even though I have been nice by supporting him and having faith he will be back to old Zibby, he still isnt making "normal everyday passes", he's still off.....but getting there. Flashes of his old brilliance are being noticed.

Reactions: kovazub94

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
All while Panarin was also driving the play in OT.
He was exhausted, and dont believe he had it in him, nor saw that coming (from behind).
He NEVER would have lolligagged back the way he did, either Kinky was going to save it........or not. No catching him, even though he was winded as well.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It's one thing to have an average skating forward group as a whole, but our defense is pretty mediocre skating-wise. Lindgren is probably the best skater out of the top six, and it shows when every time a pinch doesn't work, we've got a 2 on 1 or a breakaway coming in on us. I know we want a big defense, but the Rangers have kind of shaped themselves opposite of a Tampa or Pittsburgh in that our forwards are big, rangy, and not quick. With a defense that's also big and slow, I think you get problems.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Watched back the game and saw Panarin trying to manage the PP live, directing Reuananen where to move. Wow.
That was 6 on 5. Do you think Quinn would put Reunanen on PP at his 1st game? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad