Post-Game Talk: #26 - 12/2/19 | golden knights @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
They need to move Panarin back to his off-wing on the PP. He's absolutely lethal when teams have to guard against his one timer. Opens up so much ice. Zibby has a hard shot but it's not very accurate as a one timer. And his passing while very good, is not as elite as Panarin. Personally I'd rather have Kakko on PP1 and Zibby as the right-handed shot on PP2 with Buchy and Chytil with Fox and Trouba at the point. Too many righties on the first unit. One-timer shots are important. One-timer passes are just as important.

Reactions: ohbaby

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Kakko has been an objectively bad NHL player this season (and yeah, he's 18 but I wish he were better) but then he he does **** where you're just like "ok, that wasn't fair."

Our number one priority is nurturing him into what he could be.
His conditioning looks off again. It was poor to start the season. Then it got better. Then he got sick. Now it’s weak again. He’s young; getting back into form shouldn’t be an issue at this age. Otherwise, to your point, his stick handling has been solid here and there, and he generally uses his frame effectively, but that’s all that stands out. Hughes is definitely more, for lack of a better word, cerebral than KK. Nevertheless, with some conditioning and the right development, I still think KK can become a consistent 35-45G / 75-85P player.

Reactions: Maximus and ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
His conditioning looks off again. It was poor to start the season. Then it got better. Then he got sick. Now it’s weak again.....
He looks slow. Too slow to defend, forecheck or break up plays,... not to mention get loose offensively. He was a bit handicapped coming into this season. He played a lot of hockey last year. Besides a full season in Liiga,... he played in 2 international tournaments before coming to the Rangers.

Next year, we will see the real Kaapo Kakko. But for now, seems like he is riding on fumes.

And don't forget, he is managing two lifelong illnesses, that require daily maintenance. (Type 1 diabetes and celiac disease) And managing that with an 82 game season for the first time. Everyone says this is no big deal, but these are very serious conditions that take great care to manage.

Last edited:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Yeah idk what that was about. He pulled his stick away from the puck like we was trying to avoid scoring.

Looks like he had money on Vegas or something bc it was so obvious he avoided scoring a tap in goal.

At the last moment he determined that Subban would deflect the puck with his pad, and he repositioned his stick for a rebound instead. Turned out he was wrong.

Reactions: Blurt Vision

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
likely, to sell as game-used souvenirs, or sell to a trading card company for them to cut up and put on cards.

The actual goal pucks get sold. You can go on the Fanatics website right now and buy a ton from last season if you want. For cards and such they usually cut up regular game used pucks.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
We deserved better this game... Just couldn't finish a ton of chances.

Hajek is definitely coming out for Staal. I really do like Hajek, just starting to think that he's more of the typical developing defensemen. Just needs minutes and games at any level. He'll get better.

Kakko does look slow this year but he's young. As long as he works during the offseason and keeps trying to get better, he'll come back appearing faster next year. Same with the year after.

And don't ever put Zib with Panarin. It's just a waste. Panarin could have two people from this board as linemates and he's going to create offense.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm taking the glass-half-full approach to the five-righties power play and say that it was just a different look that Quinn and staff wanted to look at. Now it must be destroyed.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Now it must be destroyed.
3UTH0Cb.jpg

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man two goals directly on Howden in very limited mins. Can’t happen.
Brutal.

Lazy back check on his man who scored an easy tap in for the second Vegas goal.

Follows that up with an unforced give away at the offensive blue line gifting Vegas a breakaway and their third goal. This play was almost worse to me. You're the 4th line center, get the puck deep.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Was this one nearly as bad as the score indicates?

I only got to see the second half of the game, and from what I saw the Rangers were the dominant team (yeah, I know with a three/four goal lead teams do take the foot off the accelerator.) It did look like a lot of bad bounces and no puck luck in trying to score in the third.

I also read that Hank scored on himself (again), and the Vegas goals were more about Ranger mistakes than actual dominance.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I only got to see the second half of the game, and from what I saw the Rangers were the dominant team (yeah, I know with a three/four goal lead teams do take the foot off the accelerator.) It did look like a lot of bad bounces and no puck luck in trying to score in the third.

I also read that Hank scored on himself (again), and the Vegas goals were more about Ranger mistakes than actual dominance.

Nah wasn't as bad as like that Ottawa or last Tampa game. The first goal, was Hank scoring on himself, 3rd goal was Trouba and Skjei getting caught back and caused a breakaway goal, and the 4th goal doesn't happen if the refs actually call a high stick on Lemmy, instead a min later Kakko takes a high sticking penalty, and Vegas scores a PP goal.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Let's just say we shot pucks like the A-Team shot their guns.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Brutal.

Lazy back check on his man who scored an easy tap in for the second Vegas goal.

Follows that up with an unforced give away at the offensive blue line gifting Vegas a breakaway and their third goal. This play was almost worse to me. You're the 4th line center, get the puck deep.

He made a nice play on the entry, little self indirect pass, that I like seeing but yeah that was a tough decision on the pass.

As for the 2nd goal, it was a total team breakdown but I'm having a hard time faulting a forward for not picking up the guy driving to the net shorthanded. To me that's more on Lindgren and Smith not handling that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Uncle Larry, is it you?
Larry was rambling on about how the team just doesn't compete hard enough this morning.

We suck, Larry. Look at a f***ing stat for the first time in your life. Jesus f***ing Christ. I'm fully on board with the rebuild and the time it will take but when people can't see the forest for the trees is when I get angry.

And it's not just Larry's boomer ramblings. The "complete level" dogma is at every level of this organization. That's where he gets it from.

Let's f***ing defend like an NHL f***ing team and then we'll go from there on the compete level.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What really gets me is that their "compete level" darling Brett Howden is the worst offender in regards to just about everything this team sucks at.

But somehow everyone being him would make the problems go away.

Reactions: Blue Blooded
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad