Post-Game Talk: #26 - 12/2/19 | golden knights @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Larry was rambling on about how the team just doesn't compete hard enough this morning.

We suck, Larry. Look at a ****ing stat for the first time in your life. Jesus ****ing Christ. I'm fully on board with the rebuild and the time it will take but when people can't see the forest for the trees is when I get angry.

And it's not just Larry's boomer ramblings. The "complete level" dogma is at every level of this organization. That's where he gets it from.

Let's ****ing defend like an NHL ****ing team and then we'll go from there on the compete level.

I can't speak for Larry but people in the organization can't come out and say "This team and our players just aren't good enough right now to consistently win and be competitive in every single game" even though it's the truth. They know it, they give the standard cliche anwser of not playing hard enough or wanting it badly enough.

Now whether Brooks and/or fans believe that is completely separate. I could understand casual fans seeing a bunch of guys getting caved in and not knowing who to cover or go to and think it's a compete issue when it's really a talent issue.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Larry was rambling on about how the team just doesn't compete hard enough this morning.

We suck, Larry. Look at a ****ing stat for the first time in your life. Jesus ****ing Christ. I'm fully on board with the rebuild and the time it will take but when people can't see the forest for the trees is when I get angry.

And it's not just Larry's boomer ramblings. The "complete level" dogma is at every level of this organization. That's where he gets it from.

Let's ****ing defend like an NHL ****ing team and then we'll go from there on the compete level.

They've shown that they can defend and play with structure. To be fair, Larry mentioned their offense-first mindset and being passive in the d-zone while also not being able to play any other way than a skills game. His piece mirrored what I've been saying here. Because they've scored some really pretty goals, they've become enamored with their skills game instead of going for the simple play and crashing the net when trailing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't speak for Larry but people in the organization can't come out and say "This team and our players just aren't good enough right now to consistently win and be competitive in every single game" even though it's the truth. They know it, they give the standard cliche anwser of not playing hard enough or wanting it badly enough.

Now whether Brooks and/or fans believe that is completely separate. I could understand casual fans seeing a bunch of guys getting caved in and not knowing who to cover or go to and think it's a compete issue when it's really a talent issue.

The team has demonstrated time and again with their acquisitions and personnel decisions that they buy into it.
They've shown that they can defend and play with structure. To be fair, Larry mentioned their offense-first mindset and being passive in the d-zone while also not being able to play any other way than a skills game. His piece mirrored what I've been saying here. Because they've scored some really pretty goals, they've become enamored with their skills game instead of going for the simple play and crashing the net when trailing.
I don't see anybody out there enamored with their skills except maybe Strome, and Panarin, and that's the only way I want Panarin playing.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The team has demonstrated time and again with their acquisitions and personnel decisions that they buy into it.

I don't see anybody out there enamored with their skills except maybe Strome, and Panarin, and that's the only way I want Panarin playing.

For sure these guys are enamored with the skills game, with their crisscrossing, doing circles around the offensive zone, and passing up on shots to make that extra pass looking for the slam dunk constantly.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Like who?

Mika, Skjei is big culprit, Kakko, just to name three, along with Panarin and Strome as you mentioned. They all like to do the big circle, do switches, crisscross, etc. Chytil likes to go one on four defenders, trying to dangle through them. To me, only Buch and Kreider out of the top six tend to play simpler. But they all love to try that big circle from the points down to behind the net and then try that pass from behind the net to the guy cutting into the high slot. I've seen it time and time again. Instead of trying to get inside the defenders, park themselves in the dirty areas and chip the puck or maybe try deflections like Lemieux last night.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mika, Skjei is big culprit, Kakko, just to name three, along with Panarin and Strome as you mentioned. They all like to do the big circle, do switches, crisscross, etc. Chytil likes to go one on four defenders, trying to dangle through them. To me, only Buch and Kreider out of the top six tend to play simpler. But they all love to try that big circle from the points down to behind the net and then try that pass from behind the net to the guy cutting into the high slot. I've seen it time and time again. Instead of trying to get inside the defenders, park themselves in the dirty areas and chip the puck or maybe try deflections like Lemieux last night.
Mika and Kakko should be playing that way. Kako, especially, shouldn't be taught otherwise. He was drafted second overall because he embarrasses guys not because he goes hard to the net.

Skjei is a moron.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
So yeah that game sucked but with ANY luck we win or at least go to OT. The hockey gods are wrathful and they just didn’t want us to win last night.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Mika and Kakko should be playing that way. Kako, especially, shouldn't be taught otherwise. He was drafted second overall because he embarrasses guys not because he goes hard to the net.

Skjei is a moron.

Don't you think it's wise to try and develop them into having multidimensional skill sets? You're not going to win a lot, especially in tough postseason games, with a bunch of one-dimensional players who excel at one or two things only. I'd rather have a Kakko who can undress people with the dangle yet also know when to grit it up, score on a deflection, and just simply skate through people using his man-body.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I see it's just the usual overreactions by the usual suspects. They didn't play that poorly. Vegas capitalized on many of there chances though. We made some mistakes and got burned on some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad