GDT: #25 Pens @ Sabres 3/11 Another night of Krueger magic

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Can you teleport me to the dimension/reality where this is a true statement?
To be fair, they hit a ton of posts tonight. I know posts aren't goals. But this game was a few inches away from being a LOT closer of a game.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Ralph: We’re on the right track of our process. We’ve got to stick with our plan and continue to play with character and determination”.

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa
The whole league is going to be dying of laughter when this losing streak hits 15 and Kreuger is still coaching. This team is cooked. This was one of their better games as of recent and they still lose 5-2, haha.

Thank you Terry and Kim. This is a slap in the face to every single fan.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
5 games in a row with 5 goals against so basically not worth watching at all. There is no way I'm watching any more games until they get an actual coach and a real NHL goalie instead of being complacent about letting morons run the show. You can whine about hitting posts all day but they get outshot every flipping game even when the opponent has a big lead in the 3rd.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Biron says that hit on Cozens was clean? Was he scarfing down edibles or something because that was as cheap and filthy as it gets.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
giphy.gif

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
5 games in a row with 5 goals against so basically not worth watching at all. There is no way I'm watching any more games until they get an actual coach and a real NHL goalie instead of being complacent about letting morons run the show. You can whine about hitting posts all day but they get outshot every flipping game even when the opponent has a big lead in the 3rd.

Consistency!!

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Sabres tried to find rock bottom but they just dug through the entire planet. If we ever need to send someone into space and stop a meteor like in the movie Armageddon, just send the Sabres.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Biron says that hit on Cozens was clean? Was he scarfing down edibles or something because that was as cheap and filthy as it gets.
Cozens was literally thrown into the boards. Not squeezed or rubbed. Tossed. Biron just lost a whole bunch of credibility with me.

So the team should just let it all go because technically it was "clean"?

I thought he played this game and understood it.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Murray came closest to addressing it by acquiring Bogosian, Kane, Lehner, Deslauriers, and ROR

Got to give Murray credit for at least having a clear vision of what he wanted

Don’t need those type of players, we need better players at a time of developing a team...I remember the Bogo going nuts in AZ game where I thought this organization turned a corner in that department. Then the team got neutered and any sort of character toughness was shipped away without filling back in.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Cozens was literally thrown into the boards. Not squeezed or rubbed. Tossed. Biron just lost a whole bunch of credibility with me.

He thought they should have responded. He said something along the lines of it not mattering if it was legal or not. Has to be answered

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Murray came closest to addressing it by acquiring Bogosian, Kane, Lehner, Deslauriers, and ROR

Got to give Murray credit for at least having a clear vision of what he wanted
Then Botterill came in and traded away all of them, and Foligno too. Just completely emasculated this team.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I roll my eyes and honestly feel bad for the players at times when they get bad puck luck and people chalk it up to lack of effort.

But this was embarrassing. not showing life when you're losing isn't good but leaves me irritated. Not sticking up for your teammates is so infuriating.

I don't always love the old school coach stuff, but the team should be skating suicides regardless of the condensed schedule, maybe give miller fewer reps.

Idk, obviously an overreaction but I really do think it should be addressed

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

He's a PSE stooge. Mike Robitaille is the last truly honest person PSE state media has ever employed. Can you imagine what he'd be saying tonight?

Also screw the media chump who asked Ralph about being snakebit.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I roll my eyes and honestly feel bad for the players at times when they get bad puck luck and people chalk it up to lack of effort.

But this was embarrassing. not showing life when you're losing isn't good but leaves me irritated. Not sticking up for your teammates is so infuriating.

I don't always love the old school coach stuff, but the team should be skating suicides regardless of the condensed schedule, maybe give miller fewer reps.

Idk, obviously an overreaction but I really do think it should be addressed

The bottom line is that they've constructed one of the softest teams in the league, and then on top of that lost four of their grittiest players in Gus, McCabe, Borgen, and now Cozens, didn't resign another (Johan), and they're also missing their franchise player and captain. This team has been gutted of whatever heart and sould they once had. I mean when someone takes a run at them who's gonna respond? Mitts?

But saying that, they get nothing, and I mean nothing from their coach. When Drury got run Drew Stafford doesn't Challenge Neal if Lindy isn't the head coach. Kruger gives them no identity, they don't play fast, they don't play hard on the puck, and they certainly don't intimidate anyone. Some of these kids have promise and they need a coach that brings an identity...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad