24CH Season 3

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
This year's English voice-over makes me cringe. It's so melodramatic and full of BS. "A hockey team is like the circle of life..." Who even writes that crap? It's worse than those navel gazing monologues Ron MacLean used to do at the beginning of HNIC. So embarrassing. The show is worse overall than last year, with all the PR they squeeze in there. Almost half of one episode was devoted to that stupid Club 1909 gimmick. I'm disappointed we don't see as much of the players as we did before.

This show is now designed for girls who don't follow the team on a day-to-day basis but who still want to act cool pretending they're huge fans because they watched it. Hate the direction it's taking. Watched 2 episodes this season and then stopped.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_na9eskBQv01tbbg2jo1_500.gif

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Anyone noticed the part where they were saying just ice the puck over and over ?

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Anyone noticed the part where they were saying just ice the puck over and over ?

Yeah but I'm not surprised. I know I'm not kidding when I say that icing the puck is one of Therrien's breakout strategies. Basically the Habs breakout plan is:

1. Stretch pass

Did it work?
5% Yes. 95% No.

2. If No, and this leads to an icing, go back to step 1.

3. If No, and its a turnover, pray Price stops the turnover. Wait until he freezes it and go back to step 1.

4. If Yes, there is a strong chance one of forwards scores on the breakaway (unless its Pacioretty or DD who will try to pass it back into out own zone). The 5% of the time this breakout works is enough proof for Therrien that it should be our one and only breakout plan.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
This year's English voice-over makes me cringe. It's so melodramatic and full of BS. "A hockey team is like the circle of life..." Who even writes that crap? It's worse than those navel gazing monologues Ron MacLean used to do at the beginning of HNIC. So embarrassing. The show is worse overall than last year, with all the PR they squeeze in there. Almost half of one episode was devoted to that stupid Club 1909 gimmick. I'm disappointed we don't see as much of the players as we did before.

I completely agree with you, and I'm happy someone else noticed it. I'm extremely disappointed with the show compared to the last two seasons. I have no evidence of course, but I've got a feeling upper management told the show to include a little less locker-room stuff. I've seen a lot less player-player, player-coach interactions than in previous seasons. Overall, I'll still watch the show, because it's a show about my favorite sports franchise, but I am disappointed with the general "evolution" of the show.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I might be the dissenting voice here, but I'm actually happy they cut on the most 'sensitive' stuff.

I'd rather have the guys 100% focused on hockey and not having to worry about a gimmicky show.

Sure, it's nice to see a few things. But the locker room and coaches/players interactions? That should mostly remain behind closed doors. Otherwise, at some point it will become a source of distraction.

Who cares if the 24CH show is lame? That's a secondary, if not tertiary product. If all you want is drama delivered to you on a daily basis, just get a twitter account.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I might be the dissenting voice here, but I'm actually happy they cut on the most 'sensitive' stuff.

I'd rather have the guys 100% focused on hockey and not having to worry about a gimmicky show.

Sure, it's nice to see a few things. But the locker room and coaches/players interactions? That should mostly remain behind closed doors. Otherwise, at some point it will become a source of distraction.

Who cares if the 24CH show is lame? That's a secondary, if not tertiary product. If all you want is drama delivered to you on a daily basis, just get a twitter account.

The thing is; there's no point in even doing a show if you don't show interesting stuff. It's just a huge propagenda/promotion ad campaign at this point, that cultivates this new brand of "fefans" who don't know **** about hockey and are really just Habs fanatics. It all started after the most recent lockout, and it's getting pretty bad.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
The thing is; there's no point in even doing a show if you don't show interesting stuff. It's just a huge propagenda/promotion ad campaign at this point, that cultivates this new brand of "fefans" who don't know **** about hockey and are really just Habs fanatics. It all started after the most recent lockout, and it's getting pretty bad.

We all know this, but the point of the show is to get more fan and more $$$.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We all know this, but the point of the show is to get more fan and more $$$.

Still, the fans at the Bell Centre are less and less knowledgable, the athmosphere is less and less magic in there, and the average fan is more and more a Hab fanatic and less and less of an NHL fan. Sometimes having a great fanbase is not just about the numbers.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Plus, let's be fair, the show itself turned from being the best of its kind in the NHL to the worst. I also don't think players looked that distracted last season based on the results.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Still, the fans at the Bell Centre are less and less knowledgable, the athmosphere is less and less magic in there, and the average fan is more and more a Hab fanatic and less and less of an NHL fan. Sometimes having a great fanbase is not just about the numbers.

I'd like to think about it as a business (which it is)

If I sell a product xyz, even if all my cutsomers are stupid I couldn't care less since my product sells. I don't even care if they know how to use it or not since they continue to buy it. That TV show is pure publicity, you like it or you don't but it's entertainment.

You don't have to be a NHL fan or hockey statistician to buy tickets for a habs game. When I go to a rock concert not everybody in the Bell Center are rock experts.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Yeah, that's basically the story. It's been like this since the early 2000s.

All the popular sports team are now taking great care of their branding. 24CH is just part of the Habs branding. I was actually suprised at how much they showed in the first year. :laugh:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

It's not even about hockey anymore. The new season doesn't show any of Therrien's speeches or tactical adjustments. They show things like the preseason anthem singer's singing practice and a bunch of other BS like the club 1909 card.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Another solid episode.

Visited Gonchar family after the game in Dallas.

Visit in Hamilton to meet with Hudon,Tinordi,Beaulieu.

Visit in Prust hometown, interview with hid Dad and coaches.

Some locker room lol's with the Gallys and Prust. ''With PP time i would have as many points'' ( prust to galchenyuk )

I'm glad the between the period locker room footage was cut out, i bet it was really annoying for the players.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Another solid episode.

Visited Gonchar family after the game in Dallas.

Visit in Hamilton to meet with Hudon,Tinordi,Beaulieu.

Visit in Prust hometown, interview with hid Dad and coaches.

Some locker room lol's with the Gallys and Prust. ''With PP time i would have as many points'' ( prust to galchenyuk )

I'm glad the between the period locker room footage was cut out, i bet it was really annoying for the players.

A little Beliveau reference as well.

Not as entertaining as before, but it's a good filler content.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad