Post-Game Talk: #23 - 11/27/19 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
A record 3 wins in a row this season. I want a parade down Broadway tomorrow.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm expecting some of the young players to hit a wall as the season goes on. It's a long grind.

Agree with this. We have 3-4 guys in their first year in the NHL plus Hayek who played all of 5 games last year. They are also going to have to do something with Kreider who they probably aren't going to sign. They will be on the outside looking in but that's ok. The future is bright.

Reactions: egelband

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
It’s so funny. I go from understanding the lineup to be:

Panarin-Strome-Chytil
K-Z-B
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
Smith-Nieves-Fast

To realizing it’s:

Panarin-Chytil-Strome
K-Z-B
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
Smith-Nieves-Fast

And instantly, I shift from “grumble, grumble” to “oh yeah, no totally, that makes sense.”
I was surprised they put Strome on the wing. Didn't see that coming. That line up is not what I thought it would be.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Really gonna be interesting to see how this group comes out against Boston. After being humiliated. Having their captain concussed. I think they come out looking to prove something. Going to be a heck of a weekend of hockey of which I’ll probably miss half of with travel unfortunately

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
They have GOT to do something as regards Kreider at least. A “self-rental” would be the worst possible course of action.
As I have said before, I do not discount the possibility that Kreider signs a new contract. If you look at the teams who are a) contenders, b) appear to have sufficient cap space to make a splash next year and c) are in a desirable location, there aren’t going to be a lot of great options for Chris to pick from. He’s not getting 7 X $7MM from anyone. I think there is going to be a place where the sides come together and I think a contract agreement is possible.

The Rangers seem to heavily value his leadership. Don’t think that doesn’t count for a lot.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
As I have said before, I do not discount the possibility that Kreider signs a new contract. If you look at the teams who are a) contenders, b) appear to have sufficient cap space to make a splash next year and c) are in a desirable location, there aren’t going to be a lot of great options for Chris to pick from. He’s not getting 7 X $7MM from anyone. I think there is going to be a place where the sides come together and I think a contract agreement is possible.

The Rangers seem to heavily value his leadership. Don’t think that doesn’t count for a lot.

I really don’t want CK on a long term deal. Maybe 5 or 6 million for 4 years, but I think a team will top that.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

As long as a) the Rangers aren’t the team to give him 7x$7MM and b) they don’t let him walk for nothing. Sign him to a 3-4 year deal? Fine. Trade him? Fine. Just don’t lock him up long term or hold on to him at the TDL and then let him go.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
A lot has sure changed around here in the last five days.
I feel a lot has changed since -Staal +Chytil +Lindgren

but I missed the Ottawa game... and things can change drastically with 2 day games... we're bad in day games.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As long as a) the Rangers aren’t the team to give him 7x$7MM and b) they don’t let him walk for nothing. Sign him to a 3-4 year deal? Fine. Trade him? Fine. Just don’t lock him up long term or hold on to him at the TDL and then let him go.

I would caution anyone against taking the "leadership" angle too seriously when it comes to Kreider.

We heard the same stuff with Zucc last year. Watch what the FO does, not what they say.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This team is what I thought they would be after the first 20 games or so. A young, inconsistent, hard working team that has a good deal of talent and is a pain to play against but will also have its share of clunkers. I'm really happy with how the young guys have played particularly Chytil, Fox, Lindgren. I still think 18 yo Kakko will end up with 50 points and will be a star in this league and Howden isn't nearly as bad as people make it seem. This team will still miss playoffs this year but they will be a serious contender in the near future.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I feel like Howden's line might be negatively skewing Lindgren's CF% a bit. Then again his HDCF% and some other stats are pretty good. He certainly looks awesome though.

CF% is a trash statistic for evaluating an individual player. It's much more useful when applied to a team as a whole.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Cheets was great - Buch was very good.

Fox and Bread played hard.

Henrik has to be the number one star because of that stick save and some tenacity in the third period

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
So the Rangers are now on a 93 point pace. And I expect the team will be better during the second half of the season when the young players have more experience. For the record, I’m not sure I expect much of a deadline shuffle.

Just sayin...
They are very inconsistent and don't have much depth. They've also had a home heavy schedule to this point. Other than Zibby they've been pretty healthy so far. If two or three guys get hurt at the same time, which will probably happen at some point, they are going to struggle.

Reactions: Calad

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Great win. Hank has had an awesome stretch, here, he looks vintage.

Zibanejad played like he was pissed that he got injured. Fox is special. Panarin is cool. Chytil is a f***ing beast and once he starts getting some breaks the floodgates are going to open. Also a shoutout to Trouba, he’s been picking it up recently.

That first period was a thing of beauty.

Oh, and Lemieux needs to have a chat with Svechnikov next time we meet.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I would caution anyone against taking the "leadership" angle too seriously when it comes to Kreider.

We heard the same stuff with Zucc last year. Watch what the FO does, not what they say.

Anyone who needs to be cautioned against taking the leadership angle has been living in la la land the past few years. They've traded their last two captains. They moved out Zucc, basically a de facto captain, last year. Apparently Hank was given the option of being moved when the offer came in.

And of all the players who've been here, Kreider is just not a guy who players should be emulating. He is wildly inconsistent. His effort level is up and down. He has never learned to tone down the negative parts of his game. He's uber talented and has rode that to a successful career, but one that will always leave people saying, what could have been.

The only thing that makes Kreider a leader is his tenure here. And people seriously overvalue that.

Reactions: Siddi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad