Post-Game Talk: #23 - 11/27/19 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've always felt that Gaborik's time here was overrated. Out of 4 (almost 4) seasons with the Rangers he was amazing for 2 and sucked for 2. In 10-11, he had 22 goals in 62 games. Not only are those not great numbers for a guy of his talent, 10 or 11 or those goals came in 3 games. Now it's a bit unfair because we're talking about Panarin's points but ignoring Gaborik's assists, but Gaborik was always more of a sniper. Gaborik was just very inconsistent in his time here.

You can thank Tortorella for atleast one of those.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Perhaps but that still counts as lack of production. You don't get free points for injuries.

In theory you get additional points from the player's lineup replacement, and those who replace their role during the injury. So Strome probably scored more points as a consequence of ZIbanejad's absence.

It's a counterfactual, but I think it's a relatively intuitive conclusion.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Kakko’s “dip” coincided with him getting a flu. He missed two games (I think) so you can assume it was pretty bad. Since coming back he’s been playing with less energy. I bet he will start picking it up again soon.
Good observation. I forgot about that. He sure seemed a step slow vs Canes. Maybe it is lingering effects.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In theory you get additional points from the player's lineup replacement, and those who replace their role during the injury. So Strome probably scored more points as a consequence of ZIbanejad's absence.

It's a counterfactual, but I think it's a relatively intuitive conclusion.

Good point, the delta between how much the replacement gets and the player would have gotten is what you lose.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m in Carolina and saw the same broadcast. The hate of Howden here is somewhat amusing and really exposes some shallow thinking. If you want to talk about Rangers who are turnstiles in the neutral zone, you’ve got Kakko, Strome, whoever is playing on the fourth line tonight and to some degree Lemieux. Howden is trying to cover a lot of sins out there.
Hollllllld up a minute! I heard that Howden is playing because the coach is DUMB and Howden is the coach’s PET.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
You can say what you want about how Howden looks, his metrics point to him playing bad right now

Like there is no debate. And he’s playing because the coach likes him

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am thankful for bernmeister today!

I am touched by this outpouring of, if not love and affection, certainly goodwill. My gratitude for you all as well.

I was surprised to see @SnowblindNYR listed in that group as in the past he and I have not always seen eye to eye. I'm not suggesting that is suddenly the case now, I am simply saying it is always nice when people who disagree can maintain cordial civility and get to the underlying points of argument so as to = competition of ideas. Same is much preferable to the truly arrogant alpha wannabees who promote a herd mentality, regardless of merit.

Quoting the great Robert Lamm of Chicago, I am grateful also for both:
Will you try to change things
with the power that you have
the power of a million new ideas?

Reactions: Turbosperg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad