Post-Game Talk: #23 - 11/27/19 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Howden has been good the last 3 games, I'm unsure why people are still crapping on him, he continues to get better, and I actually like that third line for now until Kakko gets used to the speed and limited space 5 on 5 in the nhl and gets promoted.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It’s so funny. I go from understanding the lineup to be:

Panarin-Strome-Chytil
K-Z-B
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
Smith-Nieves-Fast

To realizing it’s:

Panarin-Chytil-Strome
K-Z-B
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
Smith-Nieves-Fast

And instantly, I shift from “grumble, grumble” to “oh yeah, no totally, that makes sense.”

Reactions: ohbaby and Greg02

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Howden goes out there and maximizes his ability, such as it is, every shift.

By the way, this is almost exactly the playbook Brind’Amour used with Svechnikov last season. Play him mostly with bottom-6ers and he’ll learn the NHL game over the course of the year without the pressure of a scoring role. Worked great. His scoring picked up as the season went on and ended up with 20 goals. This year, he’s PPG.

If Kakko was playing with 2 Lemmys I'd be more inclined to agree here. Howden shouldn't even be on an NHL team right now. I just don't see future 35-goal Kakko thanking Howden for anything.

But we're coming at this with two different opinions. Long term, this might be the right move? I don't know, I can't guess the future, but right now I just don't see how this is helping his confidence. We can agree to disagree.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Howden has been good the last 3 games, I'm unsure why people are still crapping on him, he continues to get better, and I actually like that third line for now until Kakko gets used to the speed and limited space 5 on 5 in the nhl and gets promoted.
They get abused in the D-zone unfortunately.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If Kakko was playing with 2 Lemmys I'd be more inclined to agree here. Howden shouldn't even be on an NHL team right now. I just don't see future 35-goal Kakko thanking Howden for anything.

But we're coming at this with two different opinions. Long term, this might be the right move? I don't know, I can't guess the future, but right now I just don't see how this is helping his confidence. We can agree to disagree.

Kakko has been underwhelming whether or not we hate the ginger

Reactions: Killem Dafoe

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just knew Zbad would have a strong game, didnt disappoint. After tonights win, am totally expecting a Boston baked bean barn burner beating. If we somehow win, I will eat the post game hat given to the Ranger star of the game. Sound good?

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Poor Howden. The worst thing that could’ve happened, happened: Staal got injured, bumping him up to whipping boy 1A.

I understand that the ice tilts when he’s on, but I also see why the org. likes him: he has size and skill and is always trying to do the right thing. Has had a number of (positive) memorable plays over the last few games. By no means am I declaring him wrongly criticized, but by the same token, he’s still very young; I’m happy to bear with him to see how he develops. (For now.)

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Both PPs looked like shit outside of the end of the 5 on 3 and Fox made that brilliant play. Otherwise they looked awful. They make zero sense

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Poor Howden. The worst thing that could’ve happened, happened: Staal got injured, bumping him up to whipping boy 1A.

I understand that the ice tilts when he’s on, but I also see why the org. likes him: he has size and skill and is always trying to do the right thing. Has had a number of (positive) memorable plays over the last few games. By no means am I declaring him wrongly criticized, but by the same token, he’s still very young; I’m happy to bear with him to see how he develops. (For now.)

You are right about the whipping boy mentality. This board absolutely has to have at least one, usually multiple players.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
So the Rangers are now on a 93 point pace. And I expect the team will be better during the second half of the season when the young players have more experience. For the record, I’m not sure I expect much of a deadline shuffle.

Just sayin...
They have GOT to do something as regards Kreider at least. A “self-rental” would be the worst possible course of action.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
So the Rangers are now on a 93 point pace. And I expect the team will be better during the second half of the season when the young players have more experience. For the record, I’m not sure I expect much of a deadline shuffle.

Just sayin...
I'm expecting some of the young players to hit a wall as the season goes on. It's a long grind.

Reactions: 9darter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad