'22 Olympics (Farrell, Dichow)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We shouldn't participate as a nation.......never mind private enterprise, every nation should entirely boycott these Olympic games. The IOC should not award the games to countries like China in the first place. To be clear this is not in any way a reflection on the people of China just the murderous human trash that rule them.

That would be ideal, but it won't happen. There will be hockey players there no matter what. Might as well cheer for some of our prospects to participate. It will help with their development.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You sound like an "All lives matter" advocate with such an overtly ignorant reply. You are aware that the Chinese government is currently committing genocide against Uyghurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang.

You don't support evil regimes......end of discussuion.

So are you adding the US to your list?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
C’mon man, not the same thing at all.

Perhaps a greater understanding of the US industrial prison system would change your mind.

But, I digress... this thread is not a political one so I should've ignored the ignorance of the initial post I quoted... my bad.

Farrell & Guhle playing at Olympics would be awesome for both, let's hope they get a chance!

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Kaiden Guhle isn't an active NHL player despite being signed to an ELC . If selected by team Canada for the Olympics 2022 all he would likely need is permission from the Montreal Canadiens allowing him to participate in the Olympics.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Seems to be confirmed that Farrell will be on the US roster at the Olympics. Talk about a great form reward.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Guhle , Ferrell playing in the Olympics is a good thing .
Athletes going to the Olympics isn't going to change anything about China and athletes choosing not to go to the Olympics isn't going to change anything about China either .

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Beijing reported its first omicron case yesterday. It will likely be out of control when the Olympics begin. Some of our young athletes might be stuck there for 6-7 weeks if they test positive if they're going through with the 5 week quarantine.

Reactions: Tyson

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Beijing reported its first omicron case yesterday. It will likely be out of control when the Olympics begin. Some of our young athletes might be stuck there for 6-7 weeks if they test positive if they're going through with the 5 week quarantine.
They've been pretty "good" at containing the COVID infections, methods aside of course.

Mainly due to preventing any non-Chinese citizen from entering the country without an excemption.

The problem with the Olympics is that, you're inviting only non-Chinese citizens in, which will for sure make the situation worse.

Olympics should have been postponed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad