'22 Olympics (Farrell, Dichow)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It will be interesting if some of these guys will leave their teams to go to the Olympics. Because unlike the NHL, who had a 3-week break for their players to go, the AHL, CHL, and the NCAA will not be paused. So if any of the players on that list potentially make the team, they will miss quite a bit of their team's season.

But at the same time, I don't think those teams would stand in the way of their player from having the opportunity to go to the Olympics.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

cheeseburgers

Jan 23, 2020
Anyone feeling nostalgic should try "Gold Rush 2002" on YouTube. Its a documentary that goes behind the scenes on Gretzky, etc picking that gold medal team. Cool behind the scenes footage of great 1990's/2000's era star players, too.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like Farrell is getting an invite to play for team USA at the Olympics.

Awesome!

Might actually watch them now.

Would love for Norlinder & Guhle to go too, but their NHL contracts might cause issues.

Anyways, congratulations to Farrell, who is having an impressive season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sounds like Farrell is getting an invite to play for team USA at the Olympics.

Awesome!

Might actually watch them now.

Would love for Norlinder & Guhle to go too, but their NHL contracts might cause issues.

Anyways, congratulations to Farrell, who is having an impressive season.

Guhle is on the potential list for Canada.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why? The NHL withdrawal doesn't affect him as he is in juniors.
I vaguely remembering seeing an article and posts about some junior players not being allowed to play for some reason. I don't remember the reasoning for it though. Maybe just hypothesizing.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
So does Mason McTavish though and he's heavily rumoured to be going.
From my understanding, guys like McTavish, Guhle, and Perfetti can’t go because they are signed to NHL contracts.

However, Owen Power and Kent Johnson could go because they haven’t signed yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad