Post-Game Talk: #22| FLYERS at Red Wings| Wed., Nov. 26, 2014

AFTeRMaTH*

I hope we keep Berube all year so we can get a top 8 pick. PLEASE DONT FIRE HIM!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Top line great as usual.

Defense trash as usual.

Berube baffling as usual.

Best we can hope for is a good draft pick it seems because nothing is showing signs of changing.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
We may not win a game in the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe the rangers on friday (if that's the home game).

Terribly assembled team, who's been relying on 1 line to carry the load night in and night out.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Berube is not an NHL caliber coach. Pulling Mason was undeserved. To yank him on goals that were scored when he was screened and then put in Ray "I have no lateral movement" Emery who gave up a goal when the Wings moved the puck side to side on him, was dumb.
The loss is on the Flyers defense who can't clear the crease so that Mason can make plays. On offense, aside from G and Vorachek, the team has nothing. There is enough talent on the rest of the roster to generate decent offense. Berube just can't get anything out of these guys any more. I can't believe that he has the locker room anymore.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think it may be time to experiment with Giroux and Voracek apart. This team isn't going to win without any secondary scoring. It may make both less productive individually, but it could have the opposite effect for the rest of the team.

Schenn-Giroux-Read
Raffl-Couturier-Voracek
Akeson-Laughton-Simmonds
Umberger-Bellemarre-Lecavalier/Rinaldo

They'll never win if only one line can score. They'll never win if 67% of the game is played without Giroux or Voracek on the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Berube is not an NHL caliber coach. Pulling Mason was undeserved. To yank him on goals that were scored when he was screened and then put in Ray "I have no lateral movement" Emery who gave up a goal when the Wings moved the puck side to side on him, was dumb.
The loss is on the Flyers defense who can't clear the crease so that Mason can make plays. On offense, aside from G and Vorachek, the team has nothing. There is enough talent on the rest of the roster to generate decent offense. Berube just can't get anything out of these guys any more. I can't believe that he has the locker room anymore.

Berube is not good, but I'm glad he pulled Mason when the team lost the plot on those two goals. They were not going to come back on Detroit. The freaking PK a joke this year.

I find watching the games much less annoying now I DVR them and start watching after an hour or so. Wasting 90 minutes on a garbage effort like tonight is much less frustrating than wasting almost three hours.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I have been very disappointed by Couturier in the last 5 or so games. I get it, he has tough assignments I get that he is still very young. But, his offensive creativity is non-existent. He skating is average at best, and he could eventually have decent offensive skills, but right now I don't see him ever becoming an offensive threat.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have been very disappointed by Couturier in the last 5 or so games. I get it, he has tough assignments I get that he is still very young. But, his offensive creativity is non-existent. He skating is average at best, and he could eventually have decent offensive skills, but right now I don't see him ever becoming an offensive threat.

I would want to see him with talent like Voracek for once.

When Couts and Giroux end up on the same line, they always create chances. Would like to see:

Schenn G Simmonds
Raffl Couts Jake

Then use:

Belle Laughton Read. As the shutdown line.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I would want to see him with talent like Voracek for once.

When Couts and Giroux end up on the same line, they always create chances. Would like to see:

Schenn G Simmonds
Raffl Couts Jake

Then use:

Belle Laughton Read. As the shutdown line.

I'd be okay with that, but I don't want Couturier to touch a PP unit until he can show some offensive creativity at ES. That unit... is I don't know.

I'd rather have Laughton on that unit than Couts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There no offense from anywhere but the 1st line. Shuffling the bottom 9 around isn't going to change that.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It's good to stay out of GDT. Berube is a **** tard for pulling Mase down 2 for an ECHL goalie.
Again not benching Vinny is fire able, 1 min of ice time by him makes your team worse, he is just horrible. -2 , he and RJ up around 10 mins again, just fire him and go with Lappy.

Luke is better than Gross and Schultz. Start trading Hexy and I don't care who you have to pkg to make half this D and the duo to go away.

It is real impressive that with this cap hits how horrible of a team Holmer has assembled. I really don't think it could be worse ?

And keeping the same horrible second unit may be his most bizarre choice ?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At the rate Berube's going with this team he could be the best thing to ever happen to this organization. He's driving this team into the the top 5 pick range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad