Post-Game Talk: #22: FLYERS 5 at Hurricanes 3, Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Watching extended game highlights...did anyone besides the G line do anything last night? Every highlight was with that line on the ice.

The Couturier line had the puck the entire night. They were great.

The turnovers by Sanheim/Myers for the 1st/3rd goals were rough ones.

Are we really blaming Sanheim for the 1st goal? A crappy pass from Moose pins Sanheim in a corner facing a forechecker. Then, with no other options, Sanheim moves it up the wall to a fairly safe spot where Lindblom(?) is about 50/50 to come away with it.

I'm not sure what else he could have done. Giroux was near the faceoff dot, but covered. That's the only other option I see.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
There are things posters in this forum complain about that you can set your watch by.

For me, probably 75% of the time it's not what people are complaining about that makes it insufferable to read, it's how they complain about it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Couturier line had the puck the entire night. They were great.

Are we really blaming Sanheim for the 1st goal? A crappy pass from Moose pins Sanheim in a corner facing a forechecker. Then, with no other options, Sanheim moves it up the wall to a fairly safe spot where Lindblom(?) is about 50/50 to come away with it.

I'm not sure what else he could have done. Giroux was near the faceoff dot, but covered. That's the only other option I see.
Yeah, I don’t think every goal has to have a scapegoat. Neither Sanheim nor Giroux did anything there that was really their fault... it was just bad luck and the puck bounced to an opponent.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh? And what am I suggesting Ghost is?

I'm excited to hear what my words are being magically transformed to in peoples heads, because 99% of the time responses to my posts include complete fabrications that I never said. :laugh:

I'd bet anything I own on these being things I never actually said.
@kudymen Notice that, as you noted in the other thread, Im not going to get a response here because when asked to back up accusations... *poof*, gone.
;)

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, I don’t think every goal has to have a scapegoat. Neither Sanheim nor Giroux did anything there that was really their fault... it was just bad luck and the puck bounced to an opponent.

I think Elliott is the one who started that sequence with the bad decision to give it to a player under pressure. He does that often. I noticed at least two more times last night, once to Provy who basically had a defender on him while Elliott was looking right at him and passed it anyway, and once to Hagg I think. Other times Elliott will turn the puck over to the other team. That's definitely the weakest part of his game.

Not scapegoating him or even replying to your post in particular, it just happened to be the last one in the thread :laugh: Elliott played an otherwise decent game and he was money when they really needed him to be.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think Elliott is the one who started that sequence with the bad decision to give it to a player under pressure. He does that often. I noticed at least two more times last night, once to Provy who basically had a defender on him while Elliott was looking right at him and passed it anyway, and once to Hagg I think. Other times Elliott will turn the puck over to the other team. That's definitely the weakest part of his game.

Not scapegoating him or even replying to your post in particular, it just happened to be the last one in the thread :laugh: Elliott played an otherwise decent game and he was money when they really needed him to be.
Yep, I understand exactly what you’re saying and I agree.

It’s a bad habit, for sure, but that goal (in my mind) is impossible to pin on anyone. Sometimes it’s just bad luck.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Yep, I understand exactly what you’re saying and I agree.

It’s a bad habit, for sure, but that goal (in my mind) is impossible to pin on anyone. Sometimes it’s just bad luck.

ya i agree. Ill give elliot a pass here.

HOWEVER

With 7 d, provorov still manages 27 minutes in that game. I don't really have an issue with him playing that much, HOWEVER, when myers only plays 13, sanheim 17, GHOST HAD 10 MINUTES, AND BRAUN THE 3RD MOST ICE TIME AMONG DMEN....then we have an issue. What the hell is AV seeing in braun that we aren't? He is a smidge better than hagg and he is playing more than ghost, myers, and sanheim in a close game. People are always on ghost but how can he be effective playing 10 minutes and playing on the 2nd pp.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

HOWEVER

With 7 d, provorov still manages 27 minutes in that game. I don't really have an issue with him playing that much, HOWEVER, when myers only plays 13, sanheim 17, GHOST HAD 10 MINUTES, AND BRAUN THE 3RD MOST ICE TIME AMONG DMEN....then we have an issue. What the hell is AV seeing in braun that we aren't? He is a smidge better than hagg and he is playing more than ghost, myers, and sanheim in a close game. People are always on ghost but how can he be effective playing 10 minutes and playing on the 2nd pp.
This is exactly my issue. And I posted that a few pages back and ... *crickets*...

Completely inexcusable misuse and definitely a part of why the team got outchanced so hard. You can bench your best puck mover and use your co-worst one almost twice as much and expect positive results. You get trapped, as expected.

Plus the fact that Provorov nearly tripled Ghosts PP usage is hilarious. Horrible coaching.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

HOWEVER

Is there a site that shows TOI by situation (ES, PP, PK)?

If I had to guess, I'd say Provy and Braun got at least 3-4mins of PK time which is gonna skew things for sure.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Is there a site that shows TOI by situation (ES, PP, PK)?

If I had to guess, I'd say Provy and Braun got at least 3-4mins of PK time which is gonna skew things for sure.

provorov and nisk got 5 min of pk, braun onl 2. So really no excuse still becuase braun played more than everyone not in the top d pair. Myers didn't play on the pk, hagg (who was probably brought in to play on the pk saw 15 seconds on it.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

HOWEVER

Braun was good in the 3rd period *ducks*

AV seems to be the type of coach that increases ice time for who he thinks is "going" that night and decreases it for those not having a great night. I'm fine with that because by the end of the season, the cream should rise to the top when looking at the big picture.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I do dislike Provorov's heavy ice time. He will wear down. I prefer for him to be effective.

I don't mind him getting 25 a night, the guy can play that and still be a stud int he playoffs. HOWEVER, we have ghost (18-20, myers (18-20), and sanheim (20+) that can all play big minutes. Braun should be playing 14 with 2 of that on the pk. The rest of his even strength should be going to myers, sanheim, and ghost. He played 5 minutes more at even strength than he should be. 5 MINUTES. That should all go to the twin towers and ghost, ESPECIALLY in a close, divisional game

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
5 on 5 TOI: defense

Provorov: 16:37
Braun 15:09
Sanhero: 14:18
Niskanen 13:06
Myers 12:13
Ghost 9:48
Hagg 8:43

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This is exactly my issue. And I posted that a few pages back and ... *crickets*...

Completely inexcusable misuse and definitely a part of why the team got outchanced so hard. You can bench your best puck mover and use your co-worst one almost twice as much and expect positive results. You get trapped, as expected.

Plus the fact that Provorov nearly tripled Ghosts PP usage is hilarious. Horrible coaching.

its weird. I love the way he handles our rookie forwards. He is not sheltering them at all. From all the talk about AV not playing rookies and hak never playing them...this is a nice change of pace. They are still getting ice time and are playing on the pp. I like that.

But ghost getting 10 minues, myers 13..cmon. I know we had 7 d but 5 minutes from braun and 3-4 from provy could've easily been toward the twin towers+ghost. Ghost is definitely in the dog house now but we will all blame him for not putting up points when he is playing 4th line minutes

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
5 on 5 TOI: defense

Provorov: 16:37
Braun 15:09
Sanhero: 14:18
Niskanen 13:06
Myers 12:13
Ghost 9:48
Hagg 8:43

omg that makes me so frustrated hahaha. Love that we won but if he continues this type of deployment...NISKANEN even saw 2 minutes less for crying out loud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad