Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
no....we need those cheap contracts next year and we can't afford him this year
win this year and it’s not an issue, plus i think pasta has an easier time sticking around knowing hertl is passing him the puck for 8 more years and not trent whitfield

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think an interesting forward add would be yakov trenin in nashville. Hes a big physical bottom 6 guy who put up 17 goals last year another year left on his deal at 1.7 before ufa. Probably prices himself out of nashville anyways. Could be some bottom 9 depth at center and left wing. Plus hes a left shot center, something they need.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
win this year and it’s not an issue, plus i think pasta has an easier time sticking around knowing hertl is passing him the puck for 8 more years and not trent whitfield
there is no $$$$$$

i can guarentee he doesn't think whitfield will be his center

we sign pasta and get hertl and we are the boston oilers
a top line and 3 4th lines

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Man was chychrun cheap bruins could have easily beaten that offer. I wonder why donny didnt add him too. Something weird happened.
coyotes tried to get too much from us
we shopped elsewhere
then they decided to take what they could before they got less

saw bruins, caps, kings, canes all said price was too high and bailed

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Man was chychrun cheap bruins could have easily beaten that offer. I wonder why donny didnt add him too. Something weird happened.
The Yotes didn’t want to retain or take back any salary, the weird thing that happened is the their owner being cheap.

Reactions: wintersej

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
They tried for 2 years. Obviously the fact that the Senators pick may well be 20-25 picks earlier than the Boston pick, makes it far more valuable than anything Boston could offer.
Lohrei beecher and next year 1st round pick squashes that offer easily. I guess donny values lohrei more. I would have done that.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'm interested to see if those trade requests and cap management moves come to fruition what our D would look like next season. One of Gryz/Forbort would need to go and if Achan, Zboril, Reilly all go we'd be really thin on D

Orlov(resigned)/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo
Gryz or Forvort/XXX
7th:XX

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
What about:

To Boston:

LW/RW James van Reimsdyk (50% Retained) Pending UFA

To Philadelphia:

D Mike Reilly
D Jakub Zboril
2023 3rd

The Bruins needed them to take back salary, the Coyotes apparently didn’t want to do this just like Columbus.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Well wally when a player of this caliber is out there and the offer was that weak you make it work . Chychrun and McAvoy with orlov and lindholm wowsers. It's ok I'm still happy.
how....we can't even dump reilly.....we would have needed to send out 4M +. Az wouldn't take salary back

we could have given them our next 10 firsts and best 5 prospects.....but with no $$$$ out...it was impossible

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well wally when a player of this caliber is out there and the offer was that weak you make it work . Chychrun and McAvoy with orlov and lindholm wowsers. It's ok I'm still happy.

read what occurred.

hes been out there for over a year.
The ask was originally too steep. To all teams.
All the other teams flipped ARZ the bird and went in other directions.
ARZ found themselves without a dance partner that could take the whole contract.
Except whats left in a shrunken market. The Sens.

ARZ bet on stock climbing. Market turned bear. They f***ed themselves.

oh, and all these offers of prospects and picks- we are at 23 man roster.
So, who you getting rid of and how?

Last edited:

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Based on the all in moves by the teams in the east. It makes me wonder if they feel confident the bruins can be beaten or exposed in a 7 game series. Considering the historic run the B's are on would think some would reconsider pushing chips all in but based on what's happened so far doesn't seem to be the case. Possibly they feel the age of the stars will eventually catch up with them.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad