Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
im really liking the idea of striking another trade with wsh and trying to get wilson.
if foligno goes to ir til playoffs cant we fit him in under the cap??

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I have a question, would people move both Forbort and Reilly, knowing that Zboril is the LD depth and say Bortuzzo is RD depth?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Absolutely. I don't know what his contract looks like but if they could fit the $$$$ in I'd do it. He'd be a Center all ready in place to go in once DK retires. Good for now, great for later.
AAV is $6m, so some salary would need to go back.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You weren't asked about Boston. You were asked about team B coach.

Oh, well then. Simple. I ask my owner, 'do you want 3 million in playoff revenue now for 4 million next year in salary with a chance for more'?

Let the owner decide if his team will have more than 2 playoff games worth of revenue to offset Reilly's salary next year.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Depends on the type of team I have. Particularly f it is a younger team (Buffalo), I would make that deal to get playoff experience and the opportunity, i'll take those chances.

This is what I was thinking. And for lesser market teams, getting playoff dollars is a boon, although Reilly is certainly no guarantee of success. Thus, I would only give what Boston really wants: cap relief. Nothing else.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have a question, would people move both Forbort and Reilly, knowing that Zboril is the LD depth and say Bortuzzo is RD depth?

The answer is no. I can't envision a scenario I would move forbort, but if someone wants to overpay for him in a big way then perhaps, but I still think it would be a mistake

And if I move forbort I'm keeping Reilly.

I don't get the hatred for Reilly, he has generally been a decent bottom pair D-man in his time here. He is banished to purgatory because of his contract, and Boston's cap games

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Before the Hall and Foligno injuries, I was for just a Bjugstad pickup for depth and let's roll. Now, I'm for getting a proper scoring middle six wing, even with term, assets be damned and figure it out next year.

Greer, Lauko, Koppanen as the next F up, not good enough. They have like 9 NHL D for the playoffs, they are good there.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I know he's been injured but if he can play, I would love Tyler Johnson. I don't think he'd be expensive to get and if Chicago is willing to retain, or another team is, then I could see that as an educated dice roll. He's always been a proven playoff performer.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
The idea of adding a forward that makes $5.1 million for next season while Pastrnak is unsigned seems flawed.

Sure, but I'd only do it if someone retained salary. Not saying it's ideal, but neither is Pasta not being signed yet. I don't know what the hold up is, but whatever the Bs do, they will have to account for Pasta if he signs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I know he's been injured but if he can play, I would love Tyler Johnson. I don't think he'd be expensive to get and if Chicago is willing to retain, or another team is, then I could see that as an educated dice roll. He's always been a proven playoff performer.

He has been bad this year and outscored by Frederic. Not the same player and is now a 5'8" soon to be 33 year old. I'd avoid.

Go after Domi who has twice the goals and doesn't get paid 5,000,000 next year.

You'd have a riot here if they paid him Backes money and he scores 10 or less next year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Question...and don't all answer at once.

You are team B. You are 1 point out of a playoff spot and need a win to get in. You are down to 5 starters on defense because of injury but they will be ready for the playoffs, if you get in.

Do you trade for Mike Reilly to try and get in?

Remember, you can make trades after trade deadline, the player you acquire just isn't allowed to play in the playoffs.

Wow thats tough. I don't really want his contract for next season (though I could buy him out). If I think Reilly is the difference between a win or a loss and Boston will take future consideration then probably

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Question...and don't all answer at once.

You are team B. You are 1 point out of a playoff spot and need a win to get in. You are down to 5 starters on defense because of injury but they will be ready for the playoffs, if you get in.

Do you trade for Mike Reilly to try and get in?

Remember, you can make trades after trade deadline, the player you acquire just isn't allowed to play in the playoffs.

Shop elsewhere for a player on an expiring contract rather than Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad