Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd love Domi in that 3rd RW slot
They should've got him last year, the Canes then picked him up for a measly 2nd and guess who scored two goals in game 7 of our series...

I don't necessarily love Domi as a player but he would be an improvement on line 3, especially if Hall's gonna miss some time.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Even with McCabe, still find Leaf's defense and goaltending a weakness. Like if the Bruins got McCabe today, would he even play in the lineup as a regular?

That forward group though, is going to be tough to play against. But they've always been that way. Maybe it's so overpowering they'll win through offense now?

Don't see it. That team should have went after a top defenseman. If they added a Lindholm or Orlov, they would have been much better to me. But we'll see. Can't wait to see Leaf's and TB go at it.

As for the B's, would be shocked if they don't grab a forward.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
He was Hall's center in junior. Makes almost $6m this year and next though. We'd need double retention to make it work. Not sure we have the assets to pay that again.

I would only suggest a move like that IF Donny and co are overly concerned about the C position and deployment, matchups, etc. Do they continue to roll 4 or do they create a pure shutdown line?

Also...

Reactions: PlayMakers

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Dude. If he had a high GAA and a low Save Percentage, you might be on to something. The .902 proves he's barely an NHL caliber goalie right now. To top it all off, he makes $6.4M for the next 5 years.

I WISH the Leafs would pick him up...
its all going to be a moot point. because no way in hell toronto gets by tampa

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
gotta be honest..... if, in those years I was watching a lineup of Bob "Swoop" Sweeneys, Stevie Heinzes, and John Carters, we had won a Cup 5 years earlier it would have beat the ever living shit over having to reflect back to 1972. Those were some loooooooong daaaaark days for this B's fan. Still feel a bit queasy from it if I'm honest.

Consider, the last time the Bruins missed the playoffs more than 2 years in a row was in 1966-67.

Very few of us can recall 5 straight years of no playoffs (really 5 years of no hope for the playoffs)

And between them only Steve Heinze had two seasons with the Bruins without making the playoffs.

Bruins fans really don't know what Looong Daaaark days are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad