Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like Boston adding Hathaway & Orlov set of a chain of reactionary moves lol. Tampa goes out and over pays for Jeannot and then Toronto answers by adding Lafferty & McCabe.

I'll be honest, I like what Toronto has done so far.

O'Reilly - 5pt in 5gp and sitting a 73% in the dot since going to TOR. Cup champ that knows what it takes to win and provides some veteran leadership

Acciari - Another veteran leader that has been to a cup final. Play a heavy physical game and is also good at taking draws

McCabe - Hits, blocks shots, can chip in some offense and play 20 minutes a night

Lafferty - menace on the forecheck, also plays a heavy game and can take face-offs

If Toronto gets past the 1st round and gets that monkey off their back....they could be a problem.
The later 2 make a huge difference...still missing a reliable goalie.

Adding Domi would be the cherry on top. Get it done:

Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Domi
Foligno - Frederic - Hathaway
Nosek
This! Domi can play top 6 if need be (Krejci/Bergeron injury).

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
youre joking right?
samsonov is a friggin skid.
and murray letsin sofer goals than jon casey
Am I joking?

I am not the one suggesting TOR pick up the worst starting goalie in the NHL.
John Gibson has a 3.96GAA and a .902 Save % this season.

Here's Gibson's last four years...

Tell me why TOR needs to sign him.

1677523712571.png

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Some more names to ponder...

Bjugstadt has 13 goals and can play either RW or C. Could be a good insurance guy that could play either 3RW or 4C. Probably the cheapest to acquire.

Raddysh has 14 goals and is still out there.

Domi is still out there.

Toffoli is in the same boat as Perron and Vatrano.

Honestly, Vatrano is probably my favorite of that group. Plays fast and feisty and is always willing to pull the trigger which is what Hall needs.
All names I would be happy to see a bruin.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is Bjugstad a better third line option than Frederic?? Stats are similar, but he's a righty, more hits and slightly better track record; pushes Freddy to the 4th line with Nick & Hathaway. A lot of bangers with size and some finish on the bottom six. Pushes Nosek & Greer out
Don't know if he's better, he's a right shot so he might fit better, but the addition would make the 4th line better regardless of who ends up at 3RW.

Reactions: SPV

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
My concern is that none of them are strong in the dot. Foligno, Frederic & Hathaway have combined to take 162 face-off this year. Nosek has won more face-offs than the 3 of those guys have taken combined.
That's part of the problem. None of them have taken enough FO's to get into a rhythm. Frederic won over 50% his first and second year in limited duty. He was a C in Providece, a C in college, the checking C for Team USA.... He just needs to get comfortable again.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like Boston adding Hathaway & Orlov set of a chain of reactionary moves lol. Tampa goes out and over pays for Jeannot and then Toronto answers by adding Lafferty & McCabe.

O'Reilly - 5pt in 5gp and sitting a 73% in the dot since going to TOR. Cup champ that knows what it takes to win and provides some veteran leadership

Acciari - Another veteran leader that has been to a cup final. Play a heavy physical game and is also good at taking draws

McCabe - Hits, blocks shots, can chip in some offense and play 20 minutes a night

Lafferty - menace on the forecheck, also plays a heavy game and can take face-offs

If Toronto gets past the 1st round and gets that monkey off their back....they could be a problem.

We know the East is just going to be so tough. The Bs may not even get out of the first round if they get caught by a hot Buffalo or Florida, who has given them trouble this year. IF the Bs do win this year, they will have had a good bit of injury and matchup luck. Not saying that cheapens things because you play who you get. I'll be super proud if they win the whole thing with the field as tough as it is.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

If Toronto gets past the 1st round and gets that monkey off their back....they could be a problem??.

Not against two-way goalie Linus Ullmark.

This is Boston's year.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
That's part of the problem. None of them have taken enough FO's to get into a rhythm. Frederic won over 50% his first and second year in limited duty. He was a C in Providece, a C in college, the checking C for Team USA.... He just needs to get comfortable again.
And really come playoff time, outside of icing calls, when will Frederic ever take a faceoff in the Dzone? They'll send Bergy or Coyle out there and have them change once the play moves the other way.

Reactions: TSBruins13

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

I am with you on this. I got the heebie jeebies after the DAL game when the B's went 18% at the dot. Have also seen Bergeron struggle a bit. Reps are key for faceoff success. But if Sweeney has any real concerns about F/O and success in the playoffs, they should look at Henrique.

**Just realized Henrique is on the IR as of last week...

Reactions: PlayMakers

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see them take a shot at someone like Taylor Raddysh. Young guy putting up decent numbers could flourish on a line with Hall and Coyle. Cheap contract with team control beyond this year.

At what price. Are you paying twice what he's worth to get him, like TB did? team have to be overpaid substantially to get rid of guys with multiple years of cheap control

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Am I joking?

I am not the one suggesting TOR pick up the worst starting goalie in the NHL.
John Gibson has a 3.96GAA and a .902 Save % this season.

Here's Gibson's last four years...

Tell me why TOR needs to sign him.

View attachment 658340
dude. hes been playing for the ducks.
guy is wasting away in anaheim.
doesnt bother me.
as a bs fan give me samsonov and murray any day

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
Hall apparently out with an LBI and going back to Boston to be evaluated. wonder if they move him to LTIR (depending on the injury) and use some space to acquire a guy like schenn and maybe a 2nd/3rd line wnger with a scoring touch? Brock Boeser (50% retained) and Luke Scheen....

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
At what price. Are you paying twice what he's worth to get him, like TB did? team have to be overpaid substantially to get rid of guys with multiple years of cheap control
Of course not, but let's not look at that Tampa deal as the new norm either. I would think even in a down year Jeannot was way more sought after than Raddyish.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Did you watch Ullmark score that empty net goal?

Did you hear Jack’s maniacal laugh ?

That will be Vaz when sees the Leafs

The only chance that Toronto has is shady referees.

ESPN cares more about Florida viewers
They just added McCabe and Lafferty They will be tough

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
dude. hes been playing for the ducks.
guy is wasting away in anaheim.
doesnt bother me.
as a bs fan give me samsonov and murray any day

Dude. If he had a high GAA and a low Save Percentage, you might be on to something. The .902 proves he's barely an NHL caliber goalie right now. To top it all off, he makes $6.4M for the next 5 years.

I WISH the Leafs would pick him up...

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Of course not, but let's not look at that Tampa deal as the new norm either. I would think even in a down year Jeannot was way more sought after than Raddyish.

And he won't cost what Jeannot did.. But at the same time, he will likely cost substantially more than his worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad