Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
The ‘Are They Done?‘ edition.

please continue.
Of course we can upgrade still but this roster is at a point where I am happy with everyone on the ice. Hasn’t felt like this in a while. Pretty excited. Wouldn’t mind them moving Reilly or Zboril for either a depth forward or a decent pick/prospect

Reactions: sarge88

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Of course we can upgrade still but this roster is at a point where I am happy with everyone on the ice. Hasn’t felt like this in a while. Pretty excited. Wouldn’t mind them moving Reilly or Zboril for either a depth forward or a decent pick/prospect
My guess is they would have to move Zboril to move Reilly or picks can’t see much coming are way otherwise.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
one thing to note is they are at 48/50 on deals, Id imagine a 2-1 trade incoming potentially clearing space and adding another depth piece

Reactions: bbfan419

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Id love to see them move Zboril & Reilly strictly for money. Id giive someone Zboril if they took Reilly with him. Put some $$$ towards those bonus payments.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I used all my seratonin yesterday. I'm just spent today lol.

So
Hall-Coyle-Freddy
Foligno-Nosek-Hathaway

Pretty pretty good. I still can't figure out the pairings to save my life.

Reactions: HustleB

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Marchand/Bergy/Jake
Zacha/Krejci/Pasta
Hall/Coyle/Foligno
Freddie/Nosek/Hathaway

I assume something like the above - my question is - a) do you want a bit more scoring punch on that third line, maybe factoring in Hall's off season, and if a) is yes - what happens then? Nick remains in, so goes to 4th line, move Freddie to the middle and Tomas gets bumped?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Marchand/Bergy/Jake
Zacha/Krejci/Pasta
Hall/Coyle/Foligno
Freddie
/Nosek/Hathaway

I assume something like the above - my question is - a) do you want a bit more scoring punch on that third line, maybe factoring in Hall's off season, and if a) is yes - what happens then? Nick remains in, so goes to 4th line, move Freddie to the middle and Tomas gets bumped?

I forgot Freddie was a left hand shot. Yeah I guess knowing Monty he'll just rotate who plays 3RW.

I don't think anything bumps a healthy Nosek a 4C. He's too good at what he does there.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well this is what the team looks like today. Bruins look stacked for a long playoff run. Does Sweeney make any other adjustments? Another roster player, moves someone for cap flexibility or moves some players for draft picks?

Forwards

BRAD MARCHAND- PATRICE BERGERON- JAKE DEBRUSK

PAVEL ZACHA- DAVID KREJCI- DAVID PASTRNAK

TAYLOR HALL- CHARLIE COYLE- TRENT FREDERICK

NICK FOLIGNO- THOMAS NOSEK- GARNET HATHAWAY

Depth forwards

A.J. GREER- MARK MCLAUGHLIN- JAKUB LAUKO

VINNI LETTIERI- JOONA KOPPANEN- CHRIS WAGNER

Defensive Pairings

DMITRY ORLOV- CHARLIE MCAVOY

HAMPUS LINDHOLM- BRANDON CARLO

MATT GRZELCYK- CONNOR CLIFTON

Depth Defense

DEREK FORBORT- JAKUB ZBORIL

ANTON STRALMAN- MIKE REILLY

Last edited:

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Elliot Friedman on today's 32 Thoughts Podcast, explaining the Gavrikov situation:
"I have absolutely no doubts the reason why Columbus scratched Gavrikov is because they had a deal in place with the Boston Bruins. In their eyes it was more than just we will do something, there was some sort of verbal commitment there."

-Gavrikov getting impatient, wanted a deal to happen soon
- Boston views it as they never had a verbal commitment
- Had conceptual talks with Columbus
- Boston had legitimate talks with Arizona on Chychrun
- Had talks with Chicago on a McCabe/Lafferty deal
- Earlier Thursday, Columbus heard a deal wasn't going to happen
- Columbus and Boston had very different opinions on where they thought the deal was
- GMs around the league thought Gavrikov to Boston was done

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
TOR/TBL/NYR don't scare me at all.
TOR has suspect D and G.
TBL has F and D depth issues.
NYR has suspect D from 3/4 downward.
All three will be beaten up by round 2.

CAR is the team that will give the Bruins a good go.
Sweeney has addressed roles and depth to combat this.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Id love to see them move Zboril & Reilly strictly for money. Id giive someone Zboril if they took Reilly with him. Put some $$$ towards those bonus payments.

This is where I'm at as well. The only other thing I'd want to see if the right deal came along would be an upgrade on Nosek. By upgrade I mean LHC good in the dot who can wear other teams down and play a style similar to Foligno and Hathaway.

Elliot Friedman on today's 32 Thoughts Podcast, explaining the Gavrikov situation:
"I have absolutely no doubts the reason why Columbus scratched Gavrikov is because they had a deal in place with the Boston Bruins. In their eyes it was more than just we will do something, there was some sort of verbal commitment there."

-Gavrikov getting impatient, wanted a deal to happen soon
- Boston views it as they never had a verbal commitment
- Had conceptual talks with Columbus
- Boston had legitimate talks with Arizona on Chychrun
- Had talks with Chicago on a McCabe/Lafferty deal
- Earlier Thursday, Columbus heard a deal wasn't going to happen
- Columbus and Boston had very different opinions on where they thought the deal was
- GMs around the league thought Gavrikov to Boston was done

Maybe it would have gotten done if they were willing to take cap back to make it work :dunno:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I believe (and hope) that they are done.

They addressed two areas, I won’t say “of need” but certainly of potential concern. They’re going to be one of the most annoying teams to play against. They have four lines that can dictate pace both physically and with skill. They have ace penalty kill. And now they have a blueline with so many options, it’s difficult to list them all (although I have to say, I’m not a fan of the Grzelcyk/Clifton pair that I see proposed often).

They’ve also given up a boatload of picks to get here. And I don’t see any return-on-investment that be worth divvying what’s left of their future assets.

We’re locked and loaded.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This is where I'm at as well. The only other thing I'd want to see if the right deal came along would be an upgrade on Nosek. By upgrade I mean LHC good in the dot who can wear other teams down and play a style similar to Foligno and Hathaway.

Maybe it would have gotten done if they were willing to take cap back to make it work :dunno:
I’m happy the Jackets weren’t willing to help the Bruins make that deal. What we got was better.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

They guy with the twitter screen grab that preluded the orlov deal is on this podcast...

I’m not doing that trade, Freddy for Barbashev is a lateral move imo. Sure Barbashev hits a lot and had 60 points last year, but I think that season is gonna be an outlier for him and Freddy is far better defensively. I’m all for adding another player, but im not subtracting any lineup regulars from the roster.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm back and forth on sending the 2024 1st to St Louis for Barbashev. Fine player for the third line, but I'm not sure if it's necessary. It also feels like an overpayment

Reilly for Schenn

Zboril + 2024 1st for Barbashev

PLAYOFFS

Marchand -- Bergeron -- DeBrusk

Zacha -- Krejci -- Pasta

Hall -- Coyle -- Barbashev

Foligno -- Frederic -- Hathaway

ex: Nosek, Greer, Lauko, McLaughlin

Orlov -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Forbort -- Clifton

ex: Grz, Schenn, Stralman