Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think people love Freddy a little too much here. Saying they'd turn down 1 for 1 for Barbashev. I liked Freddy too but you guys realize Barbashev is without a doubt a better player, right? I mean you would at the very least have to consider it.

Is he though? What kind of player was Barbashev at 24 years old? To answer the question, he put up 11G/15 in 69GP. Frederic right now is tracking for 19G/13A over 79GP at 24 years old. Barbashev's 60pt season last year was a pure anomaly.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think the defensive pairings is an interesting conversation.

I know Gryz is a lightning rod around here. I like the player a lot, and I think he’s awesome next to McAvoy. That said, if they didn’t bring in Orlov to play 3rd pair, then I think a Gryz-Clifton 3rd pair is troublesome. I just don’t see them running those guys out as a pair in a playoff series - feels like a matchup problem. It’s also odd to have a 3rd pair where neither guy qualifies as “defensive”.

Maybe just put Orlov on 3rd pair with Cliffy?

could always split up Lindholm and Carlo and go close to a 20-20-20 split rather than 25-20-15

McAvoy-Orlov
Lindholm-Clifton
Gryz-Carlo

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Its tempting

Freddy is progressing nicely. Barbashev is a proven playoff player

Barb is a better hitter. A little more skilled.

I wouldnt be surprised if they dress 7Ds
Not me. I'm done with making any more moves this season. This roster is plenty good enough to win a Cup. Donny's done his job. Now its up to the guys in the locker room to do their part.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I thought I read in the last thread Jeannott from NSH was being discussed. I'd love that add. Having a down year but potted 24 last year. Could be a sneaky good and cheap depth move. I wonder if Zboril 1-for-1 could get it done.

Reactions: bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I thought I read in the last thread Jeannott from NSH was being discussed. I'd love that add. Having a down year but potted 24 last year. Could be a sneaky good and cheap depth move. I wonder if Zboril 1-for-1 could get it done.
Not a chance Zboril alone could fetch him.Just my 2 cents

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would not trade Frederic because he has developed more in one season with Montgomery than his whole time with Cassidy. I think Frederic is just starting to become the power forward he is capable of becoming with Montgomery as coach. Much like I would not deal DeBrusk for the same reasons.

Both players with Cassidy gone are making huge strides in their games and could both be better than whatever they would get back for them in the playoffs.

Add Barbashev but use prospects. Jeannot I would give up one of the top two prospects for.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I am waiting out the deadline like everyone but it would not shock me if Bruins moved him .Now odds are they would not do that but it woukd not surprise me.

But whats Frederic's ceiling? Even when he was drafted this is really what he projected to be. I get he's better under Montgomery, but Barbashev helps you more this year. This year is the only thing that matters
Way I see it to..It's about winning right now

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is he though? What kind of player was Barbashev at 24 years old? To answer the question, he put up 11G/15 in 69GP. Frederic right now is tracking for 19G/13A over 79GP at 24 years old. Barbashev's 60pt season last year was a pure anomaly.

I think Freddy is getting undersold a bit here. Given the UFA vs RFA, STL has to add to any deal there, and it could be a mistake. Freddy has been one of the best 5x5 player in hockey this year

could always split up Lindholm and Carlo and go close to a 20-20-20 split rather than 25-20-15

McAvoy-Orlov
Lindholm-Clifton
Gryz-Carlo

Nah, I want my top pair playing 25 min a night in postseason. You need to do that, and really potentially having that second pair that can go 23 min as well.

then you can shelter gryz, and I guess Cliffy and keep them in the 12-14 min a night. Manage their shifts so you don't get stuck in the big mismatches

Reactions: 13Hockey and ON3M4N

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
But whats Frederic's ceiling? Even when he was drafted this is really what he projected to be. I get he's better under Montgomery, but Barbashev helps you more this year. This year is the only thing that matters

Does he help you more though? He has 7 more points than Frederic while playing 4 more games and average 5 minutes more than Frederic is. Barbashev isn't playing 16 minutes a night in Boston, so is it realistic to assuming his production would drop with less TOI?

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I’m totally comfortable not making a move other then moving Reilly

Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Zacha Krejci Pastrnak
Hall Coyle Frederic
Foligno Nosek Hathaway

We have 4..Top 6 centers on the roster

Depth
Lauko
Greer
Wagner
Koppanen
McLaughlin

9 deep
Orlov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Grzelcyk Clifton
Forbort Zboril
Stralman

We have 4 guys that can easily play 25 mins plus a night in the playoffs
DO

3 deep
Ullmark
Swayman
Kinkaid

Reactions: TobanWest

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think people love Freddy a little too much here. Saying they'd turn down 1 for 1 for Barbashev. I liked Freddy too but you guys realize Barbashev is without a doubt a better player, right? I mean you would at the very least have to consider it.
Sure, maybe in a vacuum it's a decent trade, but for an organization without many young NHLers and imminent issues down the middle coming trading a 24 year old RFA C, who likely signs a reasonable bridge deal, for a pending UFA with 7 more points while playing 5 more minutes per game and zero chance of re signing seems like a lateral move and very short sighted.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
If Donny could unload Reilly without much pain, that would be amazing. Otherwise, just wait & hopefully a GM gets desperate at the deadline & Donny could get a bargain price for someone. Or just stand pat. No real need to add unless you get a great bargain.

Reactions: bbfan419

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Sure, maybe in a vacuum it's a decent trade, but for an organization without many young NHLers and imminent issues down the middle coming trading a 24 year old RFA C, who likely signs a reasonable bridge deal, for a pending UFA with 7 more points while playing 5 more minutes per game and zero chance of re signing seems like a lateral move and very short sighted.

I agree

If we didn’t get Hathaway and there was this need still with no room on the table, you likely have to bite the bullet on future for now regarding the cup. This is the year to do it

But they got Hathaway which really adds a lot to your bottom six. You don’t need barbashev now so you have to question moving a guy in Freddy’s respective position. I personally think Freddy could give you close to Barbashev’s best year but for longer and for less

Reactions: NDiesel

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm ok with Hathaway at 3RW..... but its not a great fit

then to drop Frederic to the 4th line?

Instead....if Freddy is traded to the Blues for Barbachev...

Bottom 6 would look like

Hall Coyle Barbachev
Foligno Nosek Hathaway

vs

Hall Coyle Hathaway
Foligno Nosek Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad