Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
While you can always take more offense/scoring, I've always felt they need a 'playoff type' defenseman. Not necessarily throwing Gryz under the bus, but more so the style and durability, which is why I think Gavrikov makes sense as the best fit, at least compared to Chychrun. I think Chychrun's injury concerns are too great to pull the trigger. I wonder how many people calling for Chychrun blasted Sweeney for getting 'the concussion waiting to happen' Nash?
I'm one of them...Nash was older, UFA, and one concussion away from ending his career, he was on a rapid production decline, and known for poor playoff performances. It was a major risk that back-fired.

This situation is vastly different ... a very favourable 2 year contract, young, excellent D man...yes had some injuries and a worry but nothing like Nash.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
What bothers me is, management knows who and what they need. What's the delay and why hasn't it happened yet.

I highly doubt asking price will move of what these teams are asking for ANY particular player, Identify who you want and make it happen one way or another. This is an ALL in season.

Worry about next season in the summer. Do not go into the playoffs with the roster as is, we will be sorry.

Just my humble opinion.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
What bothers me is, management knows who and what they need. What's the delay and why hasn't it happened yet.

I highly doubt asking price will move of what these teams are asking for ANY particular player, Identify who you want and make it happen one way or another. This is an ALL in season.

Worry about next season in the summer. Do not go into the playoffs with the roster as is, we will be sorry.

Just my humble opinion.
It’s negotiation. The deadline isn’t for 10 days.

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
What’s the ask for C. Soucey? If the price is equal or less than what Columbus is asking for Gavrikov then I’d be interested. Seems to provide more offence based off what little I’ve read on him. He’s a big guy with a mean edge to his game.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Just my humble opinion.
I honestly believe it’s just making the money work. If the Jackets don’t want to take anything back, Sweeney has to find a way to move $$$ in order to fit Gavrikov.

He’s been trying to move this money for a long time now to no avail. And I’m not sure how keen some of these teams with room are to help him out.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Let's not forgot when talking about Gavrikov that he plays for the awful CBJ. Lots of question marks from fans about the price for Lindholm when we got him because his stats/analytics were poor in Anaheim.

Put Gavrikov with McAvoy and I bet he is well worth the price and probably even worth re-signing.

That being said Sweeney likes to one stop shop and I hope he can pry Jenner from them as well for the asking price we saw. Tick tock........

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Let's not forgot when talking about Gavrikov that he plays for the awful CBJ. Lots of question marks from fans about the price for Lindholm when we got him because his stats/analytics were poor in Anaheim.

Put Gavrikov with McAvoy and I bet he is well worth the price and probably even worth re-signing.

That being said Sweeney likes to one stop shop and I hope he can pry Jenner from them as well for the asking price we saw. Tick tock........
Is there any real rumor that they have even entered dealing Jenner? I mean it'd be great but so would a lot of things we can only imagine.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Is there any real rumor that they have even entered dealing Jenner? I mean it'd be great but so would a lot of things we can only imagine.
I believe there was some mention a while ago they'd be willing, but more a hope from myself than anything concrete.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Outside of a handful of models, most of which aren’t good (or are even horrible like Bader), analytics are objective accounts of what already happened. They are not predictive nor do they purport to be. They give insight into what has happened with a player when he has been on the ice. It doesn’t predict that there would be the same results should a player change role, team, or situation. That seems to be the common misconception (and I know that’s not you) - and I’m not sure some can grasp that.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I honestly believe it’s just making the money work. If the Jackets don’t want to take anything back, Sweeney has to find a way to move $$$ in order to fit Gavrikov.

He’s been trying to move this money for a long time now to no avail. And I’m not sure how keen some of these teams with room are to help him out.
GMs probably asking for Smith's weight in solid gold.

• Haha
Reactions: bme44

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Outside of a handful of models, most of which aren’t good (or are even horrible like Bader), analytics are objective accounts of what already happened. They are not predictive nor do they purport to be. They give insight into what has happened with a player when he has been on the ice. It doesn’t predict that there would be the same results should a player change role, team, or situation. That seems to be the common misconception (and I know that’s not you) - and I’m not sure some can grasp that.
Yeah absolutely agree, which is why I think there is some hesitation with the asking price from people, because I would be surprised outside of a handful of people here if anyone has watched more than a few games of CBJ/Gavrikov.

The majority of us likely look at either his stats page or his analytics which MAY be skewed (i won't pretend this is fact as I haven't had the time to dive deeper into him) by playing with guys like Peeke/Gudbrandson and because of the generally piss poor goaltending CBJ has.

Reactions: Gordoff

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Per 82 game pace

Marchand 29-55-84
Bergeron 29-31-60
DeBrusk 39-32-71

Zacha 19-37-56
Krejci 19-52-71
Pasta 60-53-113

Hall 23-28-51
Coyle 16-26-42
Freddy 20-14-34

Foligno 13-24-37

Really don’t see why people think we need to upgrade our forwards

Obviously we could use more depth but we have 3 legit scoring lines

Don’t think there is a better 3rd line in the NHL

and Figgy on the 4th line is putting up 3rd line numbers

Obviously I’d take another scoring F if we could find a way but D is a way more pressing need

I want nothing to do with Zboril or Stralman come playoff time and right now they our #7 and #8

Zboril or Stralman playing against TBL, TOR, or CAR gives me nightmares

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Friedman:

Boston Bruins: It’s been a week since Columbus pulled Vladislav Gavrikov from the lineup; everything points to Massachusetts as the landing spot. (And we’re not talking about playing offensive tackle for the Patriots.) It’s believed the Bruins needed another move to make everything work (Mike Rielly? Craig Smith?) and, to this point, the Blue Jackets remain patient.

The biggest question here is, “What else do they do, if anything?” Boston’s got a special chemistry, and the organization balances that with the knowledge this is a go-for-it year. I believe the Bruins had interest in Bo Horvat, but that’s gone now. The cost for Gavrikov will tell us what opportunities remain. They’ve been linked to Ivan Barbashev and Luke Schenn. A few teams have wondered if they’re in on Timo Meier. That might be opponent paranoia, but if it’s this much of a squeeze for Gavrikov — I’d be curious how they could fit the winger.

2. Carolina Hurricanes: First of all, last weekend was a massive win for the organization. Never mind the NHL outdoor game, but also the North Carolina-North Carolina State matchup drew 25,000. (They are club teams at the university level.)

The Hurricanes have a consistent philosophy — do not overpay for rentals. With oodles of cap space this year and next, the Hurricanes potentially could get Meier, qualify him at $10M for 2023-24 and see where things go. If they don’t win this showcase showdown, they’ll look for term or a less-expensive rental. (They’ve monitored Patrick Kane’s future, lurking until the Future Hall-of-Famer makes a decision.)

I believe they’ve spoken to the Bruins about Smith, as Boston might incentivize Carolina to do it. They are in the market for a depth defender, too. Prior to Max Pacioretty’s injury, there were extension conversations, so we will see where that stands. One Hurricanes prospect that’s been discussed is Jack Drury.

Uhhhhhhhh.... Boston and Carolina trading was not on my bingo card

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
A few teams have wondered if they’re in on Timo Meier. That might be opponent paranoia, but if it’s this much of a squeeze for Gavrikov — I’d be curious how they could fit the winger.
Yeeesssss...
(And we’re not talking about playing offensive tackle for the Patriots.)
1677081210287.png

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Typically, only someone with the mentality of a pretentious bully would laugh at a post like yours without adding anything to the discussion

The laugh emoji unless done specifically in reference to an intentional joke, has only and will only ever be used as a tool to
Typically, only someone with the mentality of a pretentious bully would laugh at a post like yours without adding anything to the discussion

The laugh emoji unless done specifically in reference to an intentional joke, has only and will only ever be used as a tool to be mean
I don’t even know I’m being mean, it’s natural. That’s what I’m told. This waiting doesn’t help my meanness.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Friedman:

Boston Bruins: It’s been a week since Columbus pulled Vladislav Gavrikov from the lineup; everything points to Massachusetts as the landing spot. (And we’re not talking about playing offensive tackle for the Patriots.) It’s believed the Bruins needed another move to make everything work (Mike Rielly? Craig Smith?) and, to this point, the Blue Jackets remain patient.

The biggest question here is, “What else do they do, if anything?” Boston’s got a special chemistry, and the organization balances that with the knowledge this is a go-for-it year. I believe the Bruins had interest in Bo Horvat, but that’s gone now. The cost for Gavrikov will tell us what opportunities remain. They’ve been linked to Ivan Barbashev and Luke Schenn. A few teams have wondered if they’re in on Timo Meier. That might be opponent paranoia, but if it’s this much of a squeeze for Gavrikov — I’d be curious how they could fit the winger.

2. Carolina Hurricanes: First of all, last weekend was a massive win for the organization. Never mind the NHL outdoor game, but also the North Carolina-North Carolina State matchup drew 25,000. (They are club teams at the university level.)

The Hurricanes have a consistent philosophy — do not overpay for rentals. With oodles of cap space this year and next, the Hurricanes potentially could get Meier, qualify him at $10M for 2023-24 and see where things go. If they don’t win this showcase showdown, they’ll look for term or a less-expensive rental. (They’ve monitored Patrick Kane’s future, lurking until the Future Hall-of-Famer makes a decision.)

I believe they’ve spoken to the Bruins about Smith, as Boston might incentivize Carolina to do it. They are in the market for a depth defender, too. Prior to Max Pacioretty’s injury, there were extension conversations, so we will see where that stands. One Hurricanes prospect that’s been discussed is Jack Drury.

im choosing to believe they are going for meier and gavrikov, i won't hear otherwise

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

despite being a zillionaire, tom dundon is a coupons guy. they are in on almost every discussion of a salary dump.

that said, if i'm anaheim, i'm taking smith right now for whatever pick the bruins are giving up...then putting him
with zegras for the next week, and trying to get a 7th from cassidy/vegas at the deadline for smith at 50% retained.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don’t even know I’m being mean, it’s natural. That’s what I’m told. This waiting doesn’t help my meanness.

Oh I wasn’t referring to you my friend, only your comment thinking I laughed at your post. I liked it. Sometimes my finger will slip on here because I mainly use my phone and this site is wonky so if I ever do that it’s entirely accidental.

Reactions: chizzler

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Just my humble opinion.
they are trying to clear salary, because they literally cant fit everything they want to do. Dom broke it down, the injures and pre Allstar break LTIR usage f***ed the plans and now they have to move smith/reilly to do anything

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here's the thing though.Pokers in the fire are great it shows he is trying to make the team better.But should he not have a clear picture what this roster needs Dom?Looking at Bruins from outside as a fan the roster looks like it needs more heaviness in bottom 6 and depth D not another top pair D man.I mean there are only so many minutes to go around .I get Chrychrun has a great contract etc and is a solid player but I really don't think he is what the team needs unless they vew him as the pp Quarterback .
Not at all the meaning behind the message.

But to answer you anyway, they don't give a rat's ass what you think the need or what I think they need. They know what they want andnpokers in the fire is exploring those options.

@Kegs sent e a message n who d like them to add. Said I don't have ayne in mind. I just report what I hear and I trust they know who they want and where they need to improve.

Always been my stance.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
despite being a zillionaire, tom dundon is a coupons guy. they are in on almost every discussion of a salary dump.

that said, if i'm anaheim, i'm taking smith right now for whatever pick the bruins are giving up...then putting him
with zegras for the next week, and trying to get a 7th from cassidy/vegas at the deadline for smith at 50% retained.
Just curious ole bud.What will they do with a 7th rd pick at half retained ? Can not be to many of them in NHL Neelynugs :dunno:I guess they would gain that pick Bruins hand them .:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad