Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I've heard talk of Gavrikov joining the Bruins. The question I have is, where does he play?

Top 6 is 73 27 28 25 75 48, (I don't know positions, left or right) who's spot does he take?

I don't think the bruins should be willing to give up assets in what would be a depth guy.

Reactions: The don godfather

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd painfully offer the following for Chychrun. Bail some contracts out for us, and we will play ball.

Craig Smith
Mike Reilly
Jakob Lauko
2023 1st
2024 1st
2023 3rd
Mason Lohrei

So lets look at the rumored asked vs what you have here. The bolded of your package meeting what they're looking for:

Craig Smith
Mike Reilly
Jakob Lauko
2023 1st
2024 1st
2023 3rd
Mason Lohrei

So instead of Swayman or DeBrusk you want to give them Lauko (like covers the cap dump of Smith) and then a 1st for them to take on Reilly. That seems like less than what ARZ is asking for

I'd trade DeBrusk in a deal for Meier, but def wouldn't for Chychrun. Would be creating a hole when don't really need to. I thought I saw something like 2 firsts and a top prospect for Chychrun.
Is this a fluke injury or a guy who is brittle? Pretty strange injury. Seems like he got hurt even before contact, which isn't the best. Guy might be too jacked for his own body.

2022 - Wrist injury
2020 - Hip Injury
2018 - Knee Injury
2017 - Knee Injury

For a hockey player, those are some pretty significant parts to injure.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd rather a monster deal for Chychrun or Meier than what's been rumored for Gavrikov.

What roster players could be dealt without killing the locker room? Seems like playing with fire cause that locker room is great
I would rather a deal for Chychrun , but use picks or prospects , Gavrikov price is to high and his next contract will cost more or equal to Chychrun but longer term than what is left on his contract . My opinion tell Columbus lower the asking price for their rental or the Bruins should say it has been nice talking to you. Arizona should tell the Bruins what they want and the bruins should counter and Zona excepts or the Bruins should walk away and go a cheaper route on D and maybe look at a forward that I know most fans are clamoring for.......

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don’t know a lot about Gavrikov outside of numbers and chatter. But I did a YouTube search for him and the first hit was him blocking four shots on a PK. That’s a guy that I’d be happy to go to battle with in the playoffs.
It is not the player it is the cost too obtain and resign..........

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I've heard talk of Gavrikov joining the Bruins. The question I have is, where does he play?

Top 6 is 73 27 28 25 75 48, (I don't know positions, left or right) who's spot does he take?

I don't think the bruins should be willing to give up assets in what would be a depth guy.
Forbort, he replaces Forbort. He can do everything Forbort does without being bad at 5v5.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Interesting that Gavrikov play has gone downhill as the Bluejacket have fallen off the map as a competitive franchise.
Good players play better with better players. I believe after Werenski, Gav was probably one of their better D-men

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
For those that think Gavrikov would be added as a depth piece are out of touch or have never seen him play. Come playoff time he will be far more valuable than Grzelcyk and Clifton. 6'3 dman that skates well and blocks a ton of shots is the kind of defensemen you need to win come playoff time. With all due respect to Grzelcyk who I am a fan of, he is undersized and has shown to be a weak link as a top 4 dman during the playoffs. Gavrikov is also better and plays a safer game than Clifton.

In my opinion if Sweeney lands Gavrikov he instantly plays in the top 4 making Forbort/Grzelcyk the 3rd pair.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They won't RT it but will write about it a week later

Here's the thing though.Pokers in the fire are great it shows he is trying to make the team better.But should he not have a clear picture what this roster needs Dom?Looking at Bruins from outside as a fan the roster looks like it needs more heaviness in bottom 6 and depth D not another top pair D man.I mean there are only so many minutes to go around .I get Chrychrun has a great contract etc and is a solid player but I really don't think he is what the team needs unless they vew him as the pp Quarterback .

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I have seen others who agree with you as well. The opinions on who Gavrikov is seem to range from Carlo to Seidenberg. That is a bit hard for me to translate without more personal context (viewing experience, I've seen him but never focused on him specifically).

But two posters who claimed to watch him often, stated he was one of the strongest players they had seen and that he seemed to enjoy the physical aspect of the game. I don't have the background to know. I will learn more when we acquire the players we acquire, and I will form most of my opinion after they have played in games for the Bruins.

For refereence: I reviewed some of yesterday's posts. I found @LouJersey say this;

Post 692
"I saw him five times I guess at ice level vs the devils and he was mean, nasty and the most solid player on skates I can remember seeing."
Thread: Boston Bruins - 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. X

I thought at least a couple people concurred with similar descriptions. I did not find them but I also didn't reread 30 pages.
Probably more of a Carlo/forbert than seidenberg.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
While you can always take more offense/scoring, I've always felt they need a 'playoff type' defenseman. Not necessarily throwing Gryz under the bus, but more so the style and durability, which is why I think Gavrikov makes sense as the best fit, at least compared to Chychrun. I think Chychrun's injury concerns are too great to pull the trigger. I wonder how many people calling for Chychrun blasted Sweeney for getting 'the concussion waiting to happen' Nash?

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I'd trade DeBrusk in a deal for Meier, but def wouldn't for Chychrun. Would be creating a hole when don't really need to. I thought I saw something like 2 firsts and a top prospect for Chychrun.
Is this a fluke injury or a guy who is brittle? Pretty strange injury. Seems like he got hurt even before contact, which isn't the best. Guy might be too jacked for his own body.

Damnit Forbort!!!!!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
While you can always take more offense/scoring, I've always felt they need a 'playoff type' defenseman. Not necessarily throwing Gryz under the bus, but more so the style and durability, which is why I think Gavrikov makes sense as the best fit, at least compared to Chychrun. I think Chychrun's injury concerns are too great to pull the trigger. I wonder how many people calling for Chychrun blasted Sweeney for getting 'the concussion waiting to happen' Nash?
I think Gavrikov would fit for sure but I do not want Bruins bent over the coals overpaying.If it fair sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad